<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Make me your Homepage
          left corner left corner
          China Daily Website

          Iran invited to Geneva 2, Syria opposition threatens

          Updated: 2014-01-20 10:26
          ( Agencies)

          Iran invited to Geneva 2, Syria opposition threatens

          United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (R) greets Iran's President Hassan Rohani during the UN General Assembly at UN Headquarters in New York in this file photo taken Sept 26, 2013. Ban Ki-moon said on Sunday he had invited Iran to participate in Syria peace talks on Jan 22 in Montreux, Switzerland and that Tehran had pledged to play a "positive and constructive role" if it was asked to participate. [Photo/Agencies]

          UNITED NATIONS - Syria's political opposition said on Monday it will withdraw its attendance at international peace talks scheduled this week unless United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon retracts an invitation to Iran, President Bashar al-Assad's main backer.

          Ban said earlier that he had invited Iran to attend the first day of talks on Jan 22 in Montreux, Switzerland and that Tehran had pledged to play a "positive and constructive role" if it was asked to participate.

          Less than 48 hours since Syria's main political opposition group in exile, the National Coalition, agreed to attend the talks, dubbed "Geneva 2," it threatened to withdraw.

          "The Syrian Coalition announces that they will withdraw their attendance in Geneva 2 unless Ban Ki-moon retracts Iran's invitation," it said in a Twitter post, quoting National Coalition spokesman Louay Safi.

          Another senior Coalition member, Anas al-Abdah, told Al-Jazeera TV by phone that the body was "surprised" by the invitation to Iran. "It is illogical and we cannot in any way accept it."

          Some 130,000 people have been killed and a quarter of Syrians driven from their homes in the civil war, which began with peaceful protests against 40 years of Assad family rule and has descended into a sectarian conflict, with the opposing sides armed and funded by Sunni Arab states and Shi'ite Iran.

          Western and Gulf Arab nations say they have been reluctant to support the idea of Iran participating at all because it is supporting Assad militarily and has never backed a plan for a political transition in Syria agreed at an international conference in Geneva in June 2012.

          BAN EXPECTS IRAN REPLY SOON

          Ban said he had spoken at length with Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in recent days and that he believed Tehran supported for the Geneva 2012 plan.

          "He has assured me that like all the other countries invited to the opening day discussions in Montreux, Iran understands that the basis of the talks is the full implementation of the 30 June, 2012, Geneva communique," he said.

          "Foreign Minister Zarif and I agreed that the goal of the negotiations is to establish by mutual consent a transitional governing body with a full executive powers," Ban said. "It was on that basis that Foreign Minister Zarif pledged that Iran would play a positive and constructive role in Montreux."

          "Therefore as convener and host of the conference I have decided to issue an invitation to Iran to participate," Ban said. "Iran needs to participate as one of the important neighboring countries."

          Ban said he expected Iran would issue a statement soon in response to his invitation.

          Earlier this year the United States said that Iran might play a role on the sidelines of the Syria peace conference in Montreux. Tehran dismissed the idea of being relegated to the sidelines, saying it was beneath Iran's dignity.

          The key players in the talks are Assad's government and opposition rebels. The Islamic Front, an alliance of several Islamist fighting forces that represents a large portion of the rebels on the ground, said on Sunday it rejected the talks, further dampening hopes of success.

          Ban said he had invited on Sunday a total of 10 additional countries to attend on Jan 22 - the Vatican, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Greece, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, South Korea and Iran. Speaking to reporters at UN headquarters, Ban made clear that the full negotiations between the government and opposition would begin in earnest on Jan 24 in Geneva.

          Syrian opposition groups and Washington, which accuse Tehran of supporting Assad with manpower and arms during the uprising against him, have long had reservations about the participation of Iran, although Ban and the United Nations' special envoy on Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, have long backed Tehran's involvement.

          While there has been a warming in US-Iranian ties this year including a November 24 deal to curb the Iranian nuclear program, there are no visible signs that this has led to greater improvement in other areas such as Syria, where they are on opposite sides of the civil war.

           

           
          Hot Topics
          The Party vowed on Wednesday to fight corruption firmly and to maintain its "high-handed posture" in the next five years.
          ...
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 欧美视频精品免费覌看| 亚洲色最新高清AV网站| 自偷自拍亚洲综合精品| 99久久精品6在线播放| 国产精品一区中文字幕| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久小说| 粉嫩在线一区二区三区视频| 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜avapp| 偷偷做久久久久免费网站| 乱公和我做爽死我视频| 色欲综合久久中文字幕网| 亚洲精品成人7777在线观看| 九九热视频免费在线播放| 亚洲日本VA午夜在线电影| 国产精品呻吟一区二区三区| 日本高清视频网站www| 久久久久四虎精品免费入口| 精品国产熟女一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区免费观看| 国产精品亚洲а∨无码播放| 伊人久在线观看视频| 韩国免费A级毛片久久| 精品视频国产香蕉尹人视频 | 视频二区国产精品职场同事| 四虎成人在线观看免费| 久热这里只有精品6| 无码一区二区三区久久精品| 国产精品美女AV免费观看| 无码色AV一二区在线播放| 国产精品午夜剧场免费观看| 牛鞭伸入女人下身的真视频| 精品日韩人妻中文字幕| 国产精品天干天干在线观看澳门| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天5| 国产精品无码专区在线观看不卡| 和艳妇在厨房好爽在线观看| 亚洲AV日韩AV一区二区三曲| 高清无码爆乳潮喷在线观看| 久久婷婷五月综合97色直播|