<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          China / Society

          Drug lord gets death sentence

          By Zhang Yan and Li Yingqing in Kunming (China Daily) Updated: 2012-11-07 00:37

          A Chinese court has sentenced a drug lord from Myanmar and three of his subordinates to death for the murder of 13 Chinese sailors on the Mekong River last year.

          Another two members of drug lord Naw Kham's gang, identified by their Chinese names Zha Bo and Zha Tuobo, received the death sentence with a reprieve, and eight years in prison respectively, according to a verdict handed down by the Intermediate People's Court of Kunming in Southwest China's Yunnan province on Tuesday.

          Zha Bo and Zha Tuobo are also from Myanmar.

          Drug lord gets death sentence

          Naw Kham (right), a drug lord from Myanmar, is sentenced to death for the murder of 13 Chinese sailors on the Mekong River in 2011 by a court in Kunming, Yunnan province, on Tuesday. Zhang Haolin/ For China Daily

          The six convicted criminals, comprising five people from Myanmar, Thailand and Laos and one stateless person, faced charges of intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and hijacking or a combination of those offenses. The criminals were ordered by the court to pay compensation to victims' families totaling 6 million yuan ($960,000).

          All six defendants said they will appeal Tuesday's verdict.

          Naw Kham and his gang were found to have masterminded and colluded with Thai soldiers in an attack on two Chinese cargo ships, the Hua Ping and Yu Xing 8, on Oct 5, 2011, on the Mekong River, the court said in an investigative report.

          Under Naw Kham's instructions, several of his subordinates were also found to have kidnapped Chinese sailors and hijacked cargo ships in exchange for ransom money in early April 2011, according to the report.

          Chinese sailors were tied up and brutally beaten, and the ship owner was forced to pay a ransom of 25 million yuan before the sailors were released.

          The crime ring was busted earlier this year, in a joint operation by police from China, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand, after the brutal murders triggered an outcry in China.

          Naw Kham was arrested in Laos in May, and transferred to China on a chartered plane.

          About 300 people were present at Tuesday's sentencing, including relatives and friends of the victims, diplomats from Laos and Thailand and the press. Simultaneous translations were provided.

          "Considering the serious consequence of the crime, we will seriously punish them in accordance with Chinese laws," Yan Hui, the presiding judge, said in court.

          "It's the first time foreign suspects who committed crimes against Chinese nationals outside China have been brought to China to stand trial, and will face the death sentence," Zhou Andong, a judge from the criminal tribunal of the court, said during a news conference after the verdict was delivered.

          "The trial reflected China's determination to fight cross-border crime, and its confidence to protect the legitimate rights of its citizens overseas," Nie Tao, director of legal department under the Yunnan provincial public security bureau said.

          Lin Li, Naw Kham's lawyer, said her rights to meet the defendant and access his files were guaranteed during the detention.

          "I visited him three times in the Yunnan detention center during the three months when he was detained there," she said. "Naw Kham asked me about Chinese criminal laws and regulations. He sometimes stared blankly during my visits," said Lin.

          Nie said Thai police and prosecuting departments are speeding up the judicial process regarding the nine Thai soldiers, who are suspected to have colluded with Naw Kham's criminal gang to plot the murder.

          "We are intensifying judicial operations with Thai police, and actively providing them with relevant evidence to identify Thai soldiers' crimes," he said.

          Liu Jiayi, a criminal lawyer at a law firm, said it's legally appropriate to sentence Naw Kham and the other three core members of the gang to death.

          Liu said that according to the national criminal procedure law, the maximum sentence for the three crimes charged, including intentional homicide, transporting drugs, and kidnapping, is the death sentence.

          Liu said it's the first time in Chinese judicial history that six police officers and 10 witnesses from Thailand appeared in court to identify Naw Kham's gang's crimes, which is "a breakthrough for judicial operations between China, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand."

          "The operation will be set as an example for future cross-border crimes targeting overseas Chinese," he said.

          "Security on the Mekong River has improved after the tragedy," Guo Zhiqiang, owner of Yu Xing 8, said.

          Contact the writers at zhangyan1@chinadaily.com.cn and liyingqing@chinadaily.com.cn.

          Guo Anfei and Xinhua contributed to this story.

           

          Highlights
          Hot Topics
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久热久精久品这里在线观看| 无套内谢少妇毛片aaaa片免费| 国产中文字幕精品喷潮| 台湾佬中文娱乐网22| 一本久道久久综合狠狠躁av| 插插射啊爱视频日a级| 好吊色欧美一区二区三区四区| 公天天吃我奶躁我的在线观看| 亚洲第一区二区国产精品| 国产精品久久国产丁香花| 99久久精品免费看国产电影| julia无码中文字幕一区| 日日橹狠狠爱欧美视频| 国产suv精品一区二区四| 无码人妻aⅴ一区二区三区蜜桃| 中文在线√天堂| 久久羞羞色院精品全部免费| 国产美女裸身网站免费观看视频 | 久久精品国产高潮国产夫妻| 无遮高潮国产免费观看| 亚洲色偷偷色噜噜狠狠99| 精品久久人人做爽综合| 亚洲一区二区在线无码| 国产成人久久精品流白浆| 色综合天天操| 在线国产精品中文字幕| 亚洲一区成人在线视频| 免费av深夜在线观看| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 色综合色综合综合综合综合| 国产乱弄免费视频观看| 任我爽精品视频在线播放| 亚洲经典在线中文字幕| 国产农村激情免费专区| 国产日韩精品秘 入口| 日韩在线播放中文字幕| 潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 女人喷液抽搐高潮视频| 亚洲性日韩精品一区二区| 性人久久久久| 亚洲午夜福利精品一二飞|