|
CHINA> Shanghai Today
![]() |
|
Get to work, Expo exhibitors told
(China Daily)
Updated: 2009-05-08 11:58 Countries taking part in the Shanghai World Expo need to hurry up and start work on their pavilions or risk being forced to move into an off-the-shelf location, organizers said. Participants have been told they must break ground on their showcase pavilions by June 30. If they miss the deadline, one-off pavilions will not be built - although exhibitors can still occupy standardized pavilions or use a shared pavilion for an entire continent.
The Shanghai World Expo, expected to be the biggest ever, will start May 1, 2010. "If work on a pavilion starts after June 30 this year, it can't be completed before May 1 next year. This will affect the operation of the whole world expo park and support facilities," said Zhong Yanqun, deputy head of the executive committee of the Shanghai World Expo Coordination Bureau. A record number of attendees - 40 - have said they intend to build their own pavilions. So far, work has been started on half of them, making organizers anxious. "It's imperative for work to start on the pavilions to be built by attendees themselves. I'm really anxious when I think of it," said Wu Zhiqiang, chief designer of the Shanghai World Expo park and president of the architecture and urban planning school of Tongji University. According to expo organizers, among the 170-plus nations that have diplomatic relations with China, only Andorra and Colombia have not confirmed participation. Among the 20 pavilions on which work must start soon, the one for the United States has drawn the most attention. The US has not started work because it has raised insufficient funds. US laws prohibit the government from allocating money directly for such an activity. Design of the US pavilion has reportedly been completed. Expo organizers, at the request of the US, have allocated a 6,000-sq-m plot for the US pavilion. Some US companies, including 3M and Dell and the U.S.A.-China Education, Science & Culture Association have promised to grant funds. Some $85 million was being sought for the project. The US team has cut the budget to between 56 and 60 million US dollars and agreed to accept financial support from corporations and institutions outside the country. Zhong said: "We believe active progress will be made to allow the US to attend. But if the country is absent from the Shanghai World Expo, the biggest regret will be felt by the US government and people, for they will lose a great opportunity to display the image of the nation on the world stage." The global economic downturn is understood to be one of the reasons why some countries have had difficulty raising sufficient funds. "So far, no attendee has officially withdrawn citing the financial crisis. But some countries suspended their preparatory work after they signed exhibition contracts," said Hong Hao, director-general of the Shanghai World Expo Coordination Bureau. Organizers expect the Expo will attract 70 million visitors. Xinhua |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲人成网站77777在线观看| 啦啦啦视频在线日韩精品| 日本高清在线播放一区二区三区 | 久久精品国产亚洲不AV麻豆| 国产精品国产精品国产专区| 色综合久久久久综合体桃花网| 欧美成人www免费全部网站 | 亚洲欧洲日产国无高清码图片| 国产午夜成人精品视频app| 青青草久热这里只有精品| 99中文字幕精品国产| 99热国产成人最新精品| 日本一高清二区视频久二区| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线毛片| 91精品国产午夜福利| 日韩精品国产二区三区| 人妻少妇精品无码专区二区| 国产初高中生视频在线观看| 国产视频一区二区三区麻豆| 久久国产成人高清精品亚洲| 日韩无套无码精品| 日韩成人免费无码不卡视频| 色猫咪av在线网址| 亚洲AV成人无码久久精品四虎| 亚洲av综合色区在线观看| 麻豆一区二区中文字幕| 欧美精品亚洲精品日韩精品| 国产久免费热视频在线观看| av无码电影在线看免费| 国产精品国产精品国产专区| 99热这里只有精品久久免费| 丁香婷婷综合激情五月色| 免费看的一级毛片| 精品人妻免费看一区二区三区| 亚洲性夜夜天天天| 大地资源网高清在线观看| 亚洲午夜爱爱香蕉片| 激情动态图亚洲区域激情| 久久国产国内精品国语对白| 精品在免费线中文字幕久久| 免费可以在线看a∨网站|