|
CHINA> National
![]() |
|
Shanghai Expo sets deadline for pavilion work
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2009-05-07 20:49 SHANGHAI - Attendees at the Shanghai World Expo who intend to build their own pavilions for the six-month event must start construction before June 30 this year, organizers told Xinhua Thursday. If they miss the deadline, no pavilions of their own designs will be built, according to the organizers, who added that such exhibitors could still rent standardized pavilions provided by the organizers or use a common pavilion for an entire continent.
The Shanghai World Expo, the largest in history, is due to open on May 1, 2010. "If work on a pavilion starts after June 30 this year, it can't be completed before May 1 next year. This will affect the operation of the whole world expo park and support facilities," Zhong Yanqun, deputy head of the executive committee of the Shanghai World Expo Coordination Bureau, told Xinhua. About 40 would-be attendees have expressed their intention to build their own pavilions, the most in world expo history. But work has started on only half of those structures, which is making organizers anxious. "It's imperative for work to start on the pavilions to be built by attendees themselves. I'm really anxious when I think of it," said Wu Zhiqiang, chief designer of the Shanghai World Expo park and president of the architecture and urban planning school of Tongji University, based in the metropolis. Among the 20 pavilions on which work must start soon, the one for the United States has drawn the most attention. The United States has not yet confirmed its participation in the Expo as insufficient funds have been raised. US laws prohibit the government from allocating money directly for the activity. Besides the United States, according to the expo organizers, among the 170-plus nations that have established diplomatic relations with China, only Andorra and Colombia have not yet confirmed participation. It is reported that the design of the US pavilion has been completed. The expo organizers, at the request of the US side, have allocated a 6,000-square-meter plot for the pavilion. Some US companies, including 3M and Dell, and the USA.-China Education, Science & Culture Association have promised to grant funds to the US pavilion project. But they've offered much less than the US$85 million needed for the project. The US side has cut the budget to US$56-60 million and agreed to accept financial support from corporations and institutions outside the country, so as to start the project as soon as possible. Zhong said: "We believe active progress will be made to allow the US to attend. But if the country is absent from the Shanghai World Expo, the biggest regret will be felt by the US government and people, for they will lose a great opportunity to display the image of the nation on the world stage." It is believed that the delay in putting up pavilions reflects the global economic downturn, as well as insufficient funding and perhaps neglect by those responsible. To have a pavilion built, a prospective foreign attendee must confirm participation, sign a contract, determine the theme, and take care of design, construction, exhibition arrangements and operations. The process involves different government departments, institutions and companies of a country. "So far, no attendee has officially withdrawn citing the financial crisis. But some countries suspended their preparatory work after they signed exhibition contracts," said Hong Hao, director-general of the Shanghai World Expo Coordination Bureau, declining to cite the countries. World Expo organizers will step up negotiations with would-be attendees who want to build their own pavilions in the coming weeks, Hong added. The organizers forecast that the Shanghai World Expo, which is due to end on October 31, 2010, will attract 70 million visitors, 5 percent of whom will be overseas visitors. |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产91精品一区二区蜜臀| 毛片一区二区在线看| 成人无码区在线观看| 波多野无码中文字幕av专区| 一区二区三区中文字幕免费| 亚洲国产精品日韩在线| 亚洲欧美国产另类首页| 国产视色精品亚洲一区二区| 午夜福利理论片高清在线| 久久99久久99精品免观看| 天天干天天色综合网| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 桃花岛亚洲成在人线AV| 国产精品www夜色影视| 九九热免费公开视频在线| 久久一日本道色综合久久| 国产精品无遮挡在线观看| 欧美日韩v| 亚洲an日韩专区在线| 99热这里只有成人精品国产| 少妇被粗大的猛烈进出动视频| 精品国产一区AV天美传媒| 精品国产粉嫩内射白浆内射双马尾| 韩国无码AV片午夜福利| 国产成人cao在线| 国产性一交一乱一伦一色一情| 成人免费亚洲av在线| 亚洲欧美日韩综合久久久| 在线中文一区字幕对白| 久久精品国产清自在天天线| 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 在线看高清中文字幕一区| 人妻中文字幕av有码在线| 亚洲av色香蕉一二三区| 国产日韩综合av在线| 大桥未久亚洲无av码在线| 高清美女视频一区二区三区| 乱码精品一区二区三区| 色婷婷亚洲婷婷7月| 一本一本久久a久久精品综合| 开心婷婷五月激情综合社区|