|
CHINA> Regional
![]() |
|
Related
Guizhou officials admit residents harbored grievances
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-07-04 06:57 GUIYANG - Officials in Guizhou province have admitted that residents of Weng'an county have been harboring social grievances, following a violent protest over the weekend sparked by the death of a 17-year-old girl in the county.
At a panel discussion on the protest on Wednesday, officials from the provincial and local governments said local authorities in Weng'an had failed to solve disputes over the work at mines, demolition of homes for urban development, relocation of residents for reservoir construction and the reform of State-owned enterprises, among other issues. The panel suggested that Shen Guirong, chief of the Weng'an public security bureau, and Luo Laiping, political commissar of the bureau, should be removed from their posts. It also requested an investigation of major county government and Party leaders over the matter. "Some legitimate interests (of the people) were not effectively protected, and some people bore grievances," said a Guizhou Daily report on Thursday. Up to 30,000 people were involved in the protest over the weekend, which was prompted by a controversial police report into the death of Li Shufen last month. Police had concluded that the 17-year-old drowned, but her family and relatives said that she was raped and killed.
Guizhou officials at the panel yesterday also blamed rampant crimes in the county, between 600 and 800 cases annually, for the recent discontent. About half of the crimes had not been solved. Theft, robbery and fighting were said to be frequent occurrences. Xinhua reporters found most local people being able to name several gangs during their interviews, with residents said to be feeling insecure because of the gangsters' activities. Police on Wednesday had announced a four-month crackdown on gangs who were accused of inciting violence during the protest. Police would also investigate the illegal possession of guns and explosives, gambling, and other activities of organized crime, he said. Police believe 134 people committed the destruction, and later took 59 into custody. Currently, 16 are in detention. Wang Fuyu, provincial deputy Party chief, and Vice-Governor Huang Kangsheng joined the discussion on Wednesday. Wang, who is also heading an investigation into the protest, urged Weng'an officials to listen to the voice of the people and solve the problems that were closely related to their interests. He said the violent protest would not have happened if local officials had communicated with angry people in time after the first signs of protest emerged. |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美综合区| 成人精品毛片在线观看| 亚欧洲乱码视频一二三区| 国产内射性高湖| 午夜福利影院不卡影院| 亚洲欧美日韩综合一区在线| 亚洲成A人一区二区三区| 中文字幕人妻av第一区| 国产一精品一av一免费| 亚洲性线免费观看视频成熟| 亚洲国产初高中生女av| 偷窥国产亚洲免费视频| 国产精品久久综合桃花网| av在线播放国产一区| 无码成人AV在线一区二区 | 久久九九久精品国产| 激情国产一区二区三区四| 亚洲国产欧美另类va在线观看| 久久一亚色院精品全部免费| 欧美亚洲另类制服卡通动漫| 国产免费午夜福利在线播放| 亚洲午夜天堂| 国产一区二区日韩在线| 成人3D动漫一区二区三区| a毛片在线看片免费看| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天天天| 71pao成人国产永久免费视频| 国产仑乱无码内谢| 操国产美女| 福利视频在线一区二区| 亚洲成女人综合图区| 377P欧洲日本亚洲大胆| 国产一区二区三区在线影院| 国产仑乱无码内谢| 亚洲精品久久区二区三区蜜桃臀| 精品一日韩美女性夜视频| 国产亚洲精品久久av| 九九热在线精品视频九九| 成在人线av无码免观看午夜网| 国产精品国产高清国产一区| 夜夜添无码一区二区三区|