<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          Business / Companies

          Citigroup to pay $7b in subprime mortgages probe

          (Agencies) Updated: 2014-07-15 08:25

          WASHINGTON - Citigroup has agreed to pay $7 billion to settle a federal investigation into its handling of risky subprime mortgages, admitting to a pattern of deception that Attorney General Eric Holder said "shattered lives" and contributed to the worst financial crisis in decades.

          Citigroup to pay $7b in subprime mortgages probe

          US Attorney General Eric Holder (C) announces Citigroup Inc will pay $7 billion to settle a U.S. government investigation into mortgage-backed securities the bank sold in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis, during a news conference in Washington July 14, 2014.[Photo/Agencies]

          The bank, one of America's largest, will pay a $4 billion civil penalty, provide $2.5 billion in consumer relief and settle claims from state attorneys general.

          The settlement stems from the sale of securities made up of subprime mortgages, which led to both the housing boom and bust that triggered the Great Recession at the end of 2007.

          Banks, including Citigroup, minimized the risks of subprime mortgages when packaging and selling them to mutual funds, investment trusts, pensions, as well as other banks and investors. One Citigroup trader wrote in an internal email that he "would not be surprised if half of these loans went down" and said it was "amazing that some of these loans were closed at all," and the bank itself increased its profits and share of the market, the Justice Department said.

          "They did so at the expense of millions of ordinary Americans and investors of all types - including other financial institutions, universities and pension funds, cities and towns, and even hospitals and religious charities," Holder said at a news conference announcing the settlement.

          The securities, which contained so-called residential mortgage-backed securities, plunged in value when the housing market collapsed in 2006 and 2007 and investors suffered billions of dollars in losses. Those losses triggered a financial crisis that pushed the economy into the worst recession since the 1930s.

          The Justice Department, which has faced criticism for not being aggressive enough in targeting financial misconduct, has in the last year taken action against some of the country's largest banks for their roles in the financial meltdown. JPMorgan Chase & Co, the nation's largest bank, last year agreed to pay $13 billion after an investigation into similar toxic-mortgage backed securities. Bank of America Corp. has been sued for failing to disclose risks and misleading investors in its sale of mortgage-linked securities.

          Investors shrugged off the settlement, a sign that they expect Citigroup will continue to operate without much disruption. Shares in Citi rose $1.67 or 3.6 percent to $48.67 because the bank beat the expectations in the market, after adjusting for the second-quarter $3.8 billion charge related to the Justice Department settlement.

          In total, the settlement represents slightly more than half of Citigroup's $13.1 billion profit last year.

          Justice Department officials called the $4 billion the largest civil penalty of its kind and said it will not be tax-deductible. The $2.5 billion in consumer relief will include financing for construction and affordable rental housing, as well as principal reduction and forbearance for residential loans.

          CEO Michael Corbat said the settlement ends all pending civil investigations related to Citigroup's handling of mortgage-backed securities.

          Citigroup said its net income dropped in the second quarter after the settlement was arranged.

          On a per-share basis, net income was 3 cents, compared with $1.34 in the second quarter a year earlier. Excluding the charges and an accounting loss, the bank's second-quarter profit rose 1 percent to $3.93 billion, or $1.24 a share.

          Revenue was $19.4 billion, excluding the accounting loss, compared with $20 billion a year earlier.

          The two sides had earlier been far apart in their negotiations. The Justice Department was preparing to sue the bank last month after it offered to pay under $4 billion to resolve the matter, a sum substantially less than what the government was seeking.

          Holder said the settlement did not erase the possibility of criminal prosecution for the bank or individual employees in the future.

          Recent criminal cases against banks have included a $2.6 billion guilty plea from Swiss bank Credit Suisse for helping wealthy Americans evade taxes, and an $8.9 deal with BNP Paribas related to its handling of transactions for clients in Sudan, Iran and Cuba.

          Hot Topics

          Editor's Picks
          ...
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美日韩高清在线不卡| 国产gaysexchina男外卖| 亚洲熟妇熟女久久精品一区| 欧美乱妇高清无乱码免费| 97人妻免费碰视频碰免| 99久久久国产精品免费无卡顿| 亚洲第一极品精品无码久久| 日韩A人毛片精品无人区乱码| 亚洲中文字幕一二三四区| 少妇和邻居做不戴套视频| 亚洲日韩av无码一区二区三区人| 极品无码国模国产在线观看| 92精品国产自产在线观看481页| 国产97视频人人做人人爱| 国产成人亚洲一区二区三区| 一区二区在线观看 激情| 欧美熟妇乱子伦XX视频| 视频一区二区三区四区不卡| 色欲国产精品一区成人精品| 久久精品伊人波多野结衣| 熟妇啊轻点灬大JI巴太粗| 视频精品亚洲一区二区| 国产午夜A理论毛片| 久久热这里这里只有精品| 国产91午夜福利精品| 日韩av无码精品人妻系列| 久久88香港三级台湾三级播放| 亚洲www永久成人网站| 国产成人久久精品流白浆| 83午夜电影免费| 精品一精品国产一级毛片| 欧美日韩国产草草影院| 国产亚洲精品AA片在线播放天| 日韩熟女精品一区二区三区| 少妇高潮太爽了在线观看| 色欧美片视频在线观看| 在线国产毛片| 精品偷拍一区二区视频| 亚洲欧洲AV系列天堂日产国码| 日韩中文字幕免费在线观看| 99久久久国产精品免费无卡顿|