|
BIZCHINA> Top Biz News
![]() |
|
China seeks slimmer, more efficient steel sector
(Agencies)
Updated: 2009-02-18 16:00 China is considering raising steel industry standards to force its mammoth steel sector to slim down and consolidate, leaving China - the world's top producer and consumer - with a few globally competitive steelmakers. The country's central government will restrict steel production, force mills to move to coastal regions and ditch inefficient equipment under a draft proposal being discussed by the government, an industry source said on Wednesday.
That restriction may not take much of a bite out of existing production, since last year crude steel output was 500.49 million tons. But China has huge surplus capacity after its runaway economic boom of the last few years. The plan would also require 40 percent of steelmaking capacity to be located in coastal areas, up from 35 percent now, but the government would put a mechanism in place to help companies assist those losing their jobs. That move could put more steelmakers in the most economically developed areas of China and within reach of imported iron ore, coking coal and other materials, cutting costs and increasing competitiveness. The plan would also increase the minimum size of blast furnaces from 300 to 400 cubic metres and the minimum size of converters, which turn melted pig iron into crude steel, from 20 to 30 tons. The government is expected to finalize the package of measures by the end of this month, the source said. The country's largest steelmaker is Baosteel Group, the parent company of Baoshan Iron and Steel Co Ltd, but the fragmented nature of the sector means that it accounts for less than 10 percent of crude steel production. "The draft means the country will force the industry to consolidate and offer more advantages for its state-owned majors to acquire smaller rivals," said analyst Henry Liu at Macquarie Bank. China, which produces more than one-third of global steel output, has been urging the sector to optimise itself as the fragmentation of the industry reduces its efficiency and weakens its bargaining power over price for raw materials. China's policymakers have long wanted to crunch the sprawling sector into a few big players, hoping to have 10 steelmakers account for half the country's production instead of 20. The plan, which aims to improve efficiency and cut pollution as well as adding to China's bargaining power, would gain traction as the economic crisis forces once swaggering steelmakers to look for a way to survive the economic bloodbath. Late last year, Tangshan Iron and Steel Co, the listed unit of China's third-largest steel mill, with two smaller rival agreed to merge into the country's biggest listed steelmaker, creating a second Chinese industry champion in the world's top five steel producers. The merger followed the creation of Shandong Iron and Steel Group in March from the State-owned parents of Laiwu Steel Corp and Jinan Iron and Steel Co and the formation of Anben Iron and Steel Group in northeastern Liaoning province three years ago. (For more biz stories, please visit Industries)
|
|||||
主站蜘蛛池模板: 视频一区视频二区视频三| 国产精品分类视频分类一区| 国模无吗一区二区二区视频| 免费无码观看的AV在线播放| 精品国内自产拍在线观看| 亚洲午夜成人精品电影在线观看| 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 亚洲综合久久精品哦夜夜嗨| 国产永久免费高清在线观看| 亚洲av日韩av永久无码电影| 中文字幕波多野不卡一区| 久久精品国产亚洲av大全相关| 亚洲av永久无码精品天堂久久| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另类| 看全色黄大黄大色免费久久| 亚洲伊人久久综合成人| 日本美女性亚洲精品黄色| 一区二区三区黄色一级片| 一个人免费观看WWW在线视频| 欧美日本精品一本二本三区| 在线播放国产精品亚洲| 一本色综合久久| 欧美熟妇性XXXX欧美熟人多毛| 又色又爽又黄的视频国产| 国产精品视频亚洲二区| 香蕉99国内自产自拍视频| 九九热免费公开视频在线| 国产69堂免费视频| 蜜桃av多人一区二区三区| 成人免费乱码大片a毛片| 精品亚洲国产成人蜜臀av| 一区二区三区在线色视频| 久久99亚洲精品久久久久| 在线看片免费人成视频久网| 久久天堂无码av网站| 国产裸体永久免费无遮挡| 中文精品无码中文字幕无码专区| 午夜国产小视频| 伊大人香蕉久久网欧美| 国产免费无遮挡吸奶头视频| 人人澡人人妻人人爽人人蜜桃|