<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          International students at Harvard face uncertain academic futures

          Ending visitor program raises fears of wider damage to US education system

          By May Zhou in Houston | China Daily | Updated: 2025-05-26 07:36
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A view of the Business School campus of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the United States. FAITH NINIVAGGI/REUTERS

          Fangzhou Jiang, a graduate student at the Harvard Kennedy School, had quite an emotional roller-coaster ride between the Trump administration's barring of all international students from attending Harvard University on Thursday and a court ruling to halt the decision the next day.

          Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem ordered her department to terminate Harvard University's Student and Exchange Visitor Program certification, claiming that "Harvard's leadership has created an unsafe campus environment by permitting anti-American, pro-terrorist agitators to harass and physically assault individuals, including many Jewish students, and otherwise obstruct its once-venerable learning environment".

          The Department of Homeland Security announcement said that "Noem demanded Harvard provide information about the criminality and misconduct of foreign students on its campus" and "Harvard University brazenly refused to provide the required information requested and ignored a follow-up request".

          Speaking to China Daily minutes after the court ruling on Friday, Jiang, co-founder of Crimson Education, an education agency helping students navigate the admission process of US universities, said he was shocked when he found out the news was real.

          "I saw this news at 2 pm in the afternoon. My first reaction was, this can't be true. I thought it was a rumor or fake news," he said.

          Harvard has had a few "tug of war" encounters with the United States government in recent months, but Jiang thought the fight was over, as the government's withholding of funds from the Ivy League university had already been "quite impactful".

          The Trump administration has frozen billions of federal funding to Harvard and opened an investigation into how it has handled antisemitism. In April, Harvard sued the administration over the funding.

          "Then suddenly came this big news that we can't attend Harvard anymore," Jiang said. "All international students were given no time to prepare for this. It's quite shocking. Many of us felt angry, helpless and lost because US immigration law is very strict about legal status."

          As Harvard didn't immediately issue any instructions to international students following the government's announcement, Jiang said many were panicking. However, he said he understands the university's position as it's such a big issue, and Harvard's leadership needs time to decide what to do.

          University President Alan Garber issued a statement to the Harvard community on Friday morning condemning "this unlawful and unwarranted action".

          "It imperils the futures of thousands of students and scholars across Harvard and serves as a warning to countless others at colleges and universities throughout the country who have come to America to pursue their education and fulfill their dreams," he said.

          Garber refuted the DHS' claim the university had failed to comply with requests for information. "In fact, Harvard did respond to the department's requests as required by law," he said.

          He also gave assurances to international students and scholars affected by the government's actions. "We will support you as we do our utmost to ensure that Harvard remains open to the world," he said.

          1 2 3 4 Next   >>|
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 激情五月日韩中文字幕| 视频女同久久久一区二区三区 | 最近的最新的中文字幕视频| 日本最大色倩网站www| 国产激情视频在线观看首页| mm1313亚洲国产精品无吗| 亚洲国产成人久久综合一区| 韩国无码av片在线观看| 日韩人妻中文字幕精品| 国产一区二区高清不卡| 国产二区三区视频在线| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V在线观看 | 破了亲妺妺的处免费视频国产| 欧美精品1区2区| 久久精品丝袜高跟鞋| 国产美女免费永久无遮挡| 欧美亚洲一区二区三区在线| 色婷婷国产精品视频| 亚洲自拍另类欧美综合| 国产精品无圣光一区二区| 青青青草国产熟女大香蕉| 日本黄色不卡视频| 无码国内精品人妻少妇蜜桃视频| 亚洲成a人无码av波多野| 亚日韩精品一区二区三区| 麻花传媒在线观看免费| 人妻系列av无码专区| 亚洲色大成网站www在线| 欧美 亚洲 另类 丝袜 自拍 动漫 久久久久久久久毛片精品 | 久操资源站| 秋霞人妻无码中文字幕| 亚洲国产午夜精品福利| 国产欧美另类久久久精品丝瓜| 久久亚洲精少妇毛片午夜无码 | 亚洲综合一区二区三区在线 | 人妻出轨av中文字幕| 日韩精品 在线一区二区| 午夜福利日本一区二区无码| 久久精品国产国产精品四凭| 久久国产热这里只有精品| 国产一区二区不卡在线|