<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / US and Canada

          Activists want link removed in 'comfort women' lessons

          By LIA ZHU in San Francisco (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-09-21 10:44

          Activists in California are demanding that the California Board of Education remove a "misleading" link in its recently approved curriculum that includes teaching about "comfort women" of World War II.

          Activists want link removed in 'comfort women' lessons

          From left: Phyllis Kim, executive director of the Korean American Forum of California; Julie Tang, retired judge and co-chair, Comfort Women Justice Coalition; Yong-Soo Lee, Korean “comfort woman” survivor; Lillian Sing, retired Judge and co-chair, Comfort Women Justice Coalition, and US Congressman Mike Honda, chair emeritus, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus, at a press conference on Sept 16 in San Jose, California. LIA ZHU / CHINA DAILY 

          California, after New Jersey in 2004, is the second state in the US to include the topic of "comfort women" in the history-social science framework for public schools, which provides guidance to teachers, administrators and publishers.

          "Even though we thank the state Board of Education for including the curriculum, we think it's very, very wrong to sneak in the link," said Lillian Sing, a retired San Francisco Superior Court judge and co-chair of the Comfort Women Justice Coalition, a San Francisco-based advocacy group for "comfort women".

          The link she referred to is to an agreement between Japan and South Korean in December last year, under which Japan pledged to pay 1 billion yen (about $8.3 million) from its state funds to build a "comfort women" foundation in South Korea, and Seoul, in return, agreed on a "final and irreversible" resolution on the wartime sex slavery issue.

          The activists objected to the inclusion of the deal, arguing that the state Board of Education violated due process and transparency by "sneaking something in" at the last minute after the period of public comments was over.

          "They sneaked in a link that they claimed was an agreement between Japan and South Korea as if the issue was resolved," said Sing, adding that the "comfort women" issue involves not only South Korea but other countries such as China, Indonesia and the Philippines.

          Julie Tang, another retired judge and co-chair of the Comfort Women Justice Coalition, told reporters on Sept 16 in San Jose, California, that the problem was "lack of notice", which is a violation of the US Constitution and "secret behind closed-door chambers".

          "By that time, the public had no chance to protest or give information to convince the commissioners to vote against that," she said. "So without the information, the commissioners voted unanimously on the curriculum framework along with this link."

          The activists said that they were told the foreign governments contacted Tom Adams, deputy superintendent of the Instruction and Learning Support Branch at the California Department of Education, to put the agreement in the curriculum. Adams couldn't be reached for comment.

          "I think the judges are right. There's a violation of process," said Congressman Mike Honda, who joined the activists at the press conference. "(If) The Japanese government wants to continue the issue, then they should stand in the line and follow our process here, but not do it under a cloak of secrecy."

          He encouraged the public to write to the state Board of Education and state Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson to review the situation and remove the link from the books.

          The Japanese-South Korean deal immediately sparked debate after it was announced last year, as activists called it "narrow" and "limited" and criticized the two governments for failing to consult the victims.

          Among the activists is Yong-Soo Lee, 89, a South Korean "comfort woman" survivor. She joined Honda and the activists to protest the board, including the agreement in the new curriculum.

          "I am the living proof of history. I'm testifying what I experienced and what I saw myself," Lee said through a translator. "There were numerous victims. They were not consulted. I was never consulted about the so-called agreement. … I can't acknowledge the agreement."

          Lee was one of the hundreds of thousands of girls and young women who were forced into institutionalized sexual slavery by the Japanese Imperial Army in occupied territories before and during World War II. She was only 15 years old when she was forced into sexual servitude and said she was repeatedly raped for two years on a daily basis.

          "Everywhere we go, every hearing that we attend, there's a group of denialists who claim the atrocities never happened and the 'comfort women' were paid prostitutes," said Sing. "It's because the (Japanese) government robbed its citizens of the truth of history. … We will not let that happen to our students in California, in the United States."

          "We want to tell the truth – ugly or beautiful, bad or good. The truth must be told," said Sing.

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲成av人片在线观看www| 久久精品亚洲国产成人av| 国内精品久久人妻无码不卡| 亚洲日韩精品无码一区二区三区| 国产成人一区二区免av| 国产日产欧产系列| 欧美亚洲日韩国产人成在线播放| 国模无吗一区二区二区视频| 国产精品福利自产拍在线观看 | 无码精品一区二区久久久| 国产av无码专区亚洲av软件| 99久久国产精品无码| 亚洲无人区码一二三四区| 国产亚洲第一精品| 久久99精品国产99久久6尤物| 麻豆一区二区中文字幕| 久久精品国产亚洲av热九九热| 亚洲国产精品久久综合网| 最新精品国偷自产在线| 国产精品黄色片| 亚洲综合一区二区三区不卡| 日韩一区二区一卡二卡av| 国产蜜臀av在线一区二区| 国产精品店无码一区二区三区| 精品国产乱码久久久久久1区2区| 中文字幕人妻有码久视频| 国产精品久久精品| 久久久久免费看成人影片| 丰满人妻被中出中文字幕| 少妇人妻偷人精品免费| 欧美亚洲综合成人A∨在线| 人妻精品动漫h无码| 国产日韩一区二区在线| 日本公与丰满熄| 国产精品久久久久久福利| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 日韩三级手机在线观看不卡 | 久热这里只有精品蜜臀av| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 国产精品久久久久影院色| 蜜桃视频在线观看网站免费|