<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Europe

          UK Iraq report highly critical of Tony Blair

          By CHRIS PETERSON in London (China Daily) Updated: 2016-07-06 23:20

          UK Prime Minister Tony Blair took Britain to war against Iraq in 2003 on the basis of flawed intelligence and failure to share with his ministers the many personal notes he sent to President George W. Bush, according to a report on Britain’s role in the Iraq war published on Wednesday, seven years after it was commissioned.

          The report, according to analysts, was damning in its criticisms.

          “There is evidence of gross recklessness,” said Philippe Sands, a leading UK human rights lawyer.

          The seven-volume report — 2.6 million words and three times as big as the complete works of William Shakespeare and five times as large as Leo Tolstoy’s epic novel War and Peace — was ordered in 2009 by Blair’s successor as prime minister, Gordon Brown.

          As the report was unveiled at a conference center in Central London, several hundred demonstrators from the ``Stop the War’’ movement, which held regular protests before and during the invasion, held a silent vigil in the street, many carrying the movement’s signature placards, which showed a deliberate misspelling of Blair’s name, ``BLIAR’’.

          Blair, who was Labour Party prime minister from 1997 to 2008, took Britain to war in Iraq as part of a US-led coalition, ostensibly because Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. In the 2003 invasion and aftermath which toppled Saddam, 179 British soldiers were killed.

          From 2003 to 2014, when US combat units were withdrawn, 4,491 US service personnel were killed.

          No evidence of weapons of mass destruction, a euphemism for chemical or nuclear weapons, was found.

          Blair has repeatedly been accused by UK politicians from all parties of being too close to the then US president, Bush. The inquiry found that Blair sent 31 private notes to Bush, often without reference to his ministers or senior officials.

          Before the various options for dealing with Saddam had been exhausted, Blair wrote to Bush that he was ``with you, whatever,” said Sir John Chilcot, the retired civil servant who headed the report.

          The report has been delayed because of a rule that anyone mentioned in the report had a right of reply to any criticism, and the protracted process of obtaining Blair’s communications with Bush. The US has refused to release Bush’s responses to Blair’s communications.

          The reportfound that there had been serious intelligence failures, and a string of bad judgments made by senior officials.

          Chilcot said his investigations and interviews with more than 150 witnesses had concluded that there was a lack of planning for what would happen after the invasion, and ``the consequences of invasion were over-estimated.”

          “The weapons of mass destruction case was presented with unjustified certainty,” Chilcot said in his presentation, adding that because Blair and Bush had not waited for a second UN Security Council resolution, “the UK was undermining the UN Security Council’s authority’’.

          “We have concluded that the decisions taken on legal justification were not satisfactory,” he added.

          Blair reacted to the report by saying his decision to invade along with US-led forces was “taken in good faith and in what I believed to be the best interests of the country.”

          But he added in a statement after the report was released: “I will take full responsibility for any mistakes.”

          Prime Minister David Cameron told the House of Commons today, “Clearly, we need to learn the lessons of this report.”

          Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn, who in the past has called for Blair to stand trial for war crimes, said the invasion had been on “false pretexts, and has long been regarded as illegal. The war fuelled and spread terrorism in the region.”

          Blair, who has since built up an international consulting firm with many government contacts, including China and Saudi Arabia, said he did not believe the removal of Saddam Hussein “is the cause of terrorism we see today.

          An estimated 150,000 Iraqis, mainly civilians, were killed in the invasion and its aftermath, and over one million made homeless.

          To contact the reporter: chris@mail.chinadailyuk.com

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美日韩视频怡春院| 又大又粗欧美成人网站| 自偷自拍亚洲综合精品第一页| 不卡一区二区三区四区视频| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 无码激情亚洲一区| 爆乳女仆高潮在线观看| 亚洲一本大道在线| 国产国语对白露脸正在播放| 国产精品丝袜在线不卡| 亚洲另类丝袜综合网| 夜夜摸日日摸视频| 免费看的日韩精品黄色片| 国产精选一区二区三区| 97国产一区二区精品久久呦| 亚洲色欲色欱WWW在线| 国产日韩欧美精品一区二区三区| 亚洲成av人片无码天堂下载| 久久人妻少妇偷人精品综合桃色| 国产一级区二级区三级区| 国产精品碰碰现在自在拍| 91麻豆精品国产91久| 日韩丝袜亚洲国产欧美一区| 人人妻人人澡人人爽曰本| 久久久久久伊人高潮影院| 久久国产综合精品swag蓝导航| 成人3D动漫一区二区三区| 免费A级毛片樱桃视频| 久久亚洲精品情侣| 亚洲中文字幕aⅴ天堂| 日韩美女视频一区二区三区| 边做边爱免费视频| 色优久久久久综合网鬼色| 国产老熟女狂叫对白| 亚洲欧美另类精品久久久| 国产精品亚洲二区在线播放| 色一情一乱一伦视频| 国产精品免费第一区二区| 中文字幕日韩有码一区| 欧洲精品亚洲精品日韩专区 | 综合国产av一区二区三区|