<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Europe

          UK decision to go to war in Iraq based on flawed intelligence, report concludes

          By Chris Peterson in London (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-07-06 20:36

          UK decision to go to war in Iraq based on flawed intelligence, report concludes

          US President George W. Bush (L) and British Prime Minister Tony Blair walk together from their meeting at the US Embassy in Brussels in this February 22, 2005 file photo. [Photo/Agencies] 

          The then UK Prime Minister Tony Blair took Britain to war against Iraq in 2003 on the basis of flawed intelligence and failure to communicate with his ministers, according to a massive report on Britain's role in the Iraq war published on Wednesday, seven years after it was commissioned.

          The seven volume report, 2.6 million words long and three times as big as the complete works of William Shakespeare, was ordered by Blair's successor as Prime Minister, Gordon Brown in 2009.

          Blair, who was Labour Party prime minister from 1997 to 2008, took Britain to war in Iraq as part of a US-led coalition, ostensibly because Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. In the 2003 invasion and aftermath which toppled Saddam, 179 British soldiers were killed.

          In the event, no evidence of weapons of mass destruction, a euphemism for chemical or nuclear weapons, was found.

          Blair has repeatedly been accused by UK politicians from all parties of being too close to the then US president, George W. Bush.

          The report, headed by civil servant Sir John Chilcot, found that there had been serious intelligence failures, and a string of bad judgments made by senior officials.

          Blair reacted to the report by saying his decision to invade along with US-led forces was "taken in good faith and in what I believed to be the best interests of the country."

          Prime Minister David Cameron told the House of Commons today "Clearly, we need to learn the lessons of this report."

          Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn, who in the past has called for Blair to stand trial for war crimes, said the invasion had been on "false pretexts, and has long been regarded as illegal. The war fuelled and spread terrorism in the region."

          Blair, who has built up an international consulting firm with many government contacts, including China and Saudi Arabia, said he did not believe the removal of Saddam Hussein "is the cause of terrorism we see today".

          But he added in a statement after the report was released: "I will take full responsibility for any mistakes."

          An estimated 150,000 Iraqis, mainly civilians, were killed in the invasion and its aftermath, and over one million made homeless.

          Contact the reporter on?chris@mail.chinadailyuk.com

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲热视频这里只有精品| 国产福利社区一区二区| 亚洲精品一区二区三区中文字幕| 亚洲AV日韩AV综合在线观看 | 四虎影视成人永久免费观看视频 | 成人国产精品中文字幕| 国产精品乱码久久久久久小说| 成人深夜节目在线观看| 国产高清不卡一区二区| 国产偷国产偷亚洲高清午夜| 美女爽到高潮嗷嗷嗷叫免费网站| free性国产高清videos| 亚洲天堂亚洲天堂亚洲天堂| 1精品啪国产在线观看免费牛牛 | 色偷偷中文在线天堂中文| 国产精品无码mv在线观看| 国产在线观看一区精品| 91精品午夜福利在线观看| 亚洲AV高清一区二区三区尤物 | 中文字幕无线码中文字幕免费| 成人午夜精品无码一区二区三区| 久久精品一区二区日韩av| 午夜福利在线观看成人| 亚洲av无码一区东京热| 国产午夜精品久久一二区| 视频一区视频二区在线视频| 又黄又爽又猛1000部a片| 91久久亚洲综合精品成人| 丁香五月婷激情综合第九色| 亚洲另类激情专区小说图片| 久久国产精品99久久蜜臀| 日本a在线播放| 久久中文字幕日韩无码视频| 亚洲嫩模喷白浆在线观看| 乱码中文字幕| 2021av在线天堂网| 国产精品中文字幕二区| 精品亚洲成a人在线看片| 国产高清无遮挡内容丰富| 大地资源中文在线观看西瓜| 99久久精品国产精品亚洲|