<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / US and Canada

          Pentagon plan to shut Guantanamo prison to list alternative US sites

          (Agencies) Updated: 2015-11-10 04:27

          WASHINGTON - The Pentagon is expected to unveil a long-awaited plan this week outlining how it would close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, despite fierce resistance in Congress to President Barack Obama's push to shutter the facility, officials say.

          The plan would have four sections, one of which would detail potential U.S. alternatives for holding detainees, including the Centennial Correctional Facility in Colorado, one of the more promising locations, one U.S. official said.

          A small team of Defense Department officials has surveyed facilities including the Consolidated Naval Brig in South Carolina and the Federal Correctional Complex in Florence, Colorado, the Pentagon says.

          It also examined two facilities at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas: the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks and Midwest Joint Regional Corrections Facility.

          Obama, who campaigned for office on a pledge to close the facility, views it as a damaging symbol of detainee abuse and detention without charge inherited from Republican President George W. Bush.

          The House of Representatives last week overwhelmingly passed a defense bill that included measures that would bar Obama from closing Guantanamo before he leaves office in 2017. The Senate is expected to pass the same measure as soon as Tuesday.

          Senator John McCain, the powerful Republican chairman of the Senate's top military committee, has publicly voiced his support for closing the facility, but sharply criticizes the Pentagon for failing to deliver its plan sooner.

          Republican lawmakers are furious at the suggestion that detainees could end up on U.S. soil, and talk that Obama might use an executive order to close the prison. The Republican Party has been working to make the issue part of the 2016 presidential campaign.

          Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis declined to specify when the plan would get to Congress, other than it would be "very soon."

          But U.S. officials, requesting anonymity, said it was expected this week.

          There are still 112 detainees at Guantanamo, of whom 53 are deemed eligible for transfer.

          Reuters has reported that the plan would transfer eligible detainees to foreign countries; prosecute those who can be prosecuted; and move foreign terrorism suspects who cannot be prosecuted but are deemed too dangerous to release to the United States, an option now barred by law.

          "It will address the issue of legislation change that's needed to proceed further," Davis told a Pentagon briefing.

          Human rights activists object to the prospect of moving detainees to U.S. soil without formal charges being brought against them.

           

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩精品一区二区蜜臀av| 美女一区二区三区在线观看视频 | 2019亚洲午夜无码天堂| 国产精品粉嫩嫩在线观看| 精品日本免费一区二区三区| chinese极品人妻videos| 一区二区三区放荡人妻| 在线 国产 欧美 专区| 日本成熟老妇乱| 国产成人毛片无码视频软件 | 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 国产精品国产三级国产试看| 毛片无码一区二区三区| 国内自拍小视频在线看| 激情97综合亚洲色婷婷五| 日韩中文字幕不卡网站| 99热精品毛片全部国产无缓冲| 美女精品黄色淫秽片网站| 欧美性群另类交| 欧美精品va在线观看| 国产亚洲精品VA片在线播放| 国产性夜夜春夜夜爽| 日韩精品一区二区三区四| 国产啪视频免费观看视频| 国产精品伊人久久综合网| 成人午夜在线播放| 国产在线精品欧美日韩电影| 国产亚洲精品va在线| 亚洲一区中文字幕人妻| 久久99er热精品免费播| 中文字幕理伦午夜福利片| 国产午夜精品福利免费看| 99中文字幕国产精品| 日本精品人妻无码77777| 亚洲人精品午夜射精日韩| 亚洲成人精品| 最新的精品亚洲一区二区| 久久精品国产最新地址| 精品亚洲一区二区三区四区| 视频一区二区无码制服师生 | 高清自拍亚洲精品二区|