<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / US and Canada

          Cuba-US ties resumption on hold

          (Agencies) Updated: 2015-06-07 18:15

          HAVANA - The process of resuming diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States, launched in December 2014, has currently been put on hold after four rounds of talks between the two nations.

          Diplomats from both countries gathered in Washington at the end of May for the latest round of bilateral talks aimed at restoring diplomatic ties and re-opening embassies in both countries.

          After the talks, both sides hailed the progress made during the negotiations but did not offer further details.

          Now the process has entered a phase of public uncertainty. Nobody seems to know whether or not there will be another meeting shortly on resumption of diplomatic relations between the two countries and re-opening of the embassies in each other's capital cities.

          It seems that some issues still need to be resolved such as US domestic opposition to President Barack Obama's new policy toward Cuba.

          Obama is facing strong opposition from the US House of Representatives as they announced on Saturday an adopted clause within the 2016 Transportation budget keeping the current Cuba-travel ban. The initiative, raised by the ultra-right parties, aims to put a spanner in the works and delay the thaw of relations between Washington and Havana.

          The White House released a statement saying that Obama is willing to veto the proposal which still has to go through the Senate

          The neo-cons and anti-Cuba representatives are also proposing a restriction on funds to block the re-opening of embassies.

          Regarding diplomats' movements within the two countries, currently both governments have restrictions within the Interests Sections of each country, respectively in Washington and Havana.

          In 1977, then Cuban leader Fidel Castro and then US President Jimmy Carter agreed to open the offices known as the Interests Sections. They operate as the only channel of official communication between the two nations whose diplomatic ties were cut by Washington in 1961.

          Currently, Cuban diplomats in the United States cannot travel more than a 40-km radius away from the Columbus Circle in Manhattan. They also cannot go anywhere near Washington without authorization from the US State Department.

          Meanwhile in Cuba, US representatives need to apply for permission and deliver their itineraries to the Cuban authorities if they want to travel further than Havana.

          "We have told the US government that we are available to discuss this topic and in turn we have told them this is linked with improvement of treatment for the US diplomatic mission and it's representatives," said Josefina Vidal, director general for US affairs in the Cuban Foreign Office, to local daily Granma.

          There are activities carried out in the Interests Section (of the US in Havana), like for example organizing, training, supporting, financing and supplying small groups of people who act against Cuba's government, added Vidal.

          "And this is an action that is unacceptable," continued the diplomat, saying this type of behavior has also been denounced by top Cuban leader Raul Castro.

          "I clearly expressed to the president (Barack Obama) that the thing I am most worried about (regarding US diplomats) is that they might continue doing the illegal things they have been doing so far," said Castro before the press a few weeks ago while visiting Panama.

          The Cuban leader mentioned "independent journalists" training courses, "given in the SINA (the United States' Interests Section in Havana) or in (US) diplomats' houses" in Cuba.

          For the Cuban government, these courses form part of the US efforts to undermine the government and the internal order on the Caribbean island.

          "These things can not be allowed to happen. Simply, what we are suggesting is that we all have to adjust to the agreements about diplomats' behavior in the world, approved by the Vienna Convention 1961," said Castro.

          On May 29, the US State Department announced Cuba's removal from the list of state sponsors of terrorism. Before that, Cuba's presence on the list was seen as the biggest obstacle to restoring bilateral diplomatic ties between the two countries. But the latest US domestic opposition to Obama's Cuba policy adds more uncertainty.

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久热这里只有精品视频3| 综合色一色综合久久网| 日韩av片无码一区二区不卡| 亚洲成av人无码免费观看| 北岛玲中文字幕人妻系列| 18禁超污无遮挡无码网址| 国产成人久久综合一区| 国产精品午夜福利视频| 裸体女人高潮毛片| 成人片在线看无码不卡| 黄床大片免费30分钟国产精品| 中文文字幕文字幕亚洲色| 亚洲一码二码三码精华液| 国产午夜福利一区二区三区| 国产精品老年自拍视频| 性人久久久久| 国产精品第一区亚洲精品| 中文字幕永久免费观看| 日韩精品有码中文字幕| 亚洲av色欲色欲www| 最新国产AV最新国产在钱| 国产成年码av片在线观看| 激情综合网激情五月俺也想| h动态图男女啪啪27报gif| 香港三日本三级少妇三级视频 | 亚洲国产精品久久青草无码| 中文字幕av无码免费一区| 公与媳妻hd中文在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲夜色av| 欧美乱大交aaaa片if| 精品国产一区二区三区大| 国内自拍小视频在线看| 人妻在线无码一区二区三区| 性色a∨精品高清在线观看| 免费在线成人网| 国产久免费热视频在线观看| 91国语精品3p在线观看| 日韩深夜福利视频在线观看 | 黄色福利在线| 精品人妻中文字幕av| 欧美日本免费一区二|