<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / US and Canada

          LA protesters confront Abe face to face

          By LIA ZHU (China Daily USA) Updated: 2015-05-04 10:18

          LA protesters confront Abe face to face

          Hundreds of protesters rally on May 1 near the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles where Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was scheduled to attend a luncheon. They demanded that Abe apologize for Japan's wartime wrongdoings. Provided to China Daily.

          From coast to coast, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's visit to the United States was met by Chinese and Korean protesters demanding an apology for Japan's World War II-era wrongdoings.

          In Los Angeles, protest organizers considered their action the most successful one.

          "We confronted Abe while his car drove slowly by us," Charles Lu, chairman of the Roundtable of Chinese-American Organization, one of the leaders of the protest, told China Daily by phone. "He looked at our signs and appeared uneasy."

          More than 500 people from the Chinese community and about 200 others from the Korean community rallied Friday morning at Pershing Square and then marched about a quarter of a mile to the Millennium Biltmore Hotel, where Abe was scheduled to attend a luncheon, according to Lu.

          He attributed their "success" to a piece of timely overheard information.

          "There are four entrances to the hotel, and we don't know which one they were going through," he said. "If we arrange people at all entrances, our presence would be reduced a lot," Lu said.

          While they were waiting at the front entrance and struggling with a decision around 12 pm, Lu said he overheard a nearby police officer say into a walkie-talkie that Abe was arriving in five minutes and going through the rear entrance.

          "I immediately told the crowd via a loudspeaker, and almost all the people moved to the rear entrance at one, leaving the fleet no time to respond," he said.

          While Abe's car was driving slowly through the crowd, the protesters chanted slogans such as "Abe liar" or "Abe apology" and held signs with caricatures of him, according to Lu.

          After his car entered, 10 other cars in his motorcade couldn't move any further. His entourage of 20 to 30 people had to get out of the cars and walk into the hotel, Lu said.

          "I saw them carry briefcases and walk quickly by us," said Philip Mu, chief supervisor of the Global Unified Chinese Organizations from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, also an organizer of the protest.

          "They saw our signs and heard our slogans," Mu told China Daily by phone. "We sent out our message that the overseas Chinese won't forget history. As long as Abe doesn't apologize, we Chinese will always follow him closely!"

          He said the Chinese Americans in Southern California had been monitoring Abe's speeches from Harvard University, to the US Congress and in Silicon Valley.

          "Abe didn't offer an apology to the Asian people who suffered immeasurably from Japan's aggression," Mu said. " ‘Remorse' is not apology. He is just trying to whitewash its past."

          Lu agreed that Abe's lack of an apology not only hurt the feelings of the Chinese and Korean people but also the feelings of the American people.

          Just five days ahead of his state visit to the US on April 26, Abe and a handful of other high-ranking political officials sent ritual offerings to Yasukuni Shrine, where 14 Japanese who were found guilty of Class A war crimes are enshrined.

          "We see no sincerity from his remarks and actions, but a sign of reviving militarism," Lu said. "He is adding insult to injury. Since he was coming to Los Angeles, we Chinese should take advantage of this opportunity and show him our power."

          The organizers didn't get the accurate itinerary until two days before Abe's arrival in Los Angeles. Within two days, they held an urgent press conference, mobilized hundreds of people, arranged six buses for transportation and made hundreds of signs.

          In addition to members from the Chinese and Korean communities, a dozen Japanese Americans and African Americans also were invited.

          "There were two Japanese Americans who have been very supportive," said Phyllis Kim, executive director of the Korean American Forum of California, an advocacy group for "comfort women," or sex slaves held by the Japanese Army before and during World War II.

          They used to live in the US concentration camp, and they received formal apologies from the US government in the 1980s for violation of human rights, according to Kim.

          "They understand how important it is for the victims to receive an apology from the Japanese government," she said.

          liazhu@chinadailyusa.com

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品无码av不卡一区二区三区| 一亚洲一区二区中文字幕| 成人免费乱码大片a毛片| av片在线观看永久免费| 91偷自国产一区二区三区| 国产午夜亚洲精品久久| av天堂午夜精品一区二区三区 | 日本一区二区三区在线 |观看| 亚洲国产成人无码AV在线影院L| 97精品伊人久久大香线蕉| 中文字幕乱码熟妇五十中出| 精品无人区卡一卡二卡三乱码| 久久高清超碰AV热热久久| 欧美激情一区二区三区成人| 六月丁香婷婷色狠狠久久| 四虎成人精品永久免费av| 国产自产av一区二区三区性色| 日韩精品中文字一区二区| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 亚洲色偷偷色噜噜狠狠99| 免费观看的AV毛片的网站不卡| 午夜爽爽爽男女免费观看影院| 中文字幕日韩欧美就去鲁| 亚洲不卡av不卡一区二区 | 色老99久久精品偷偷鲁| 国产很色很黄很大爽的视频| 夫妻一起自拍内射小视频| 福利视频一区二区在线| 97久久精品人人做人人爽| 久久久亚洲av成人网站| 国产成人cao在线| 成人av一区二区三区| 国产精品原创不卡在线| 日本一区二区三区视频版| 韩国无码AV片午夜福利| 国产黄色一区二区三区四区| 青青青草国产熟女大香蕉| 国产精品午夜福利免费看| 国产精品区一区第一页| 日本三级香港三级人妇99| 中文字幕亚洲综合第一页|