<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Reporter's Journal

          WWIII hoax reminds: There's no room for miscommunication

          By Chen Weihua (China Daily USA) Updated: 2015-01-19 11:44

          World War I resulted in the deaths of 9 million combatants and 7 million civilians. World War II caused an estimated 50 million to 85 million fatalities. A World War III, with all the 21st century's lethal weapons, is fated to be far more catastrophic.

          So when the Twitter accounts of United Press International (UPI) and the New York Post tweeted on Jan 16 that a war had broken out between China and the United States, it should send more than just a chilling message to anyone who read it.

          WWIII hoax reminds: There's no room for miscommunication

          One UPI message said: "BREAKING: Chinese anti-ship missile fired at USS George Washington. Another: "US Joint Chiefs of Staff: USS George Washington damaged, US Navy now engaged in active combat against Chinese vessels in South China Sea."

          Soon enough people realized it was a false alarm, that both accounts had been hacked that day.

          The US Navy confirmed on Jan 16 that the US aircraft carrier George Washington had not been attacked and WWIII had not begun. The carrier was in port and not even in the South China Sea.

          Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby on Jan 16 afternoon also said in a press briefing that "I can assure you and everybody else that the George Washington is safe and sound in a dry dock getting some needed maintenance done. She has not been attacked by anybody."

          Kirby cautioned people about the bad information out there and its possible repercussions.

          "That's why, you know, we check and double check and triple check," he said. "There's no overriding concern here about a false tweet leading to some kind of armed conflict, no."

          Kirby said the US has avenues of communications with the Chinese leadership, such a direct communication between Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey and his counterpart in Beijing and other avenues in other government agencies, in particular the State Department, but he said it's not yet a hotline.

          While praising social media as a good platform to share information, Kirby said, "it's also, regrettably, a platform for foolish people to do foolish things".

          "We're not going to overreact," he said. "We have ways of checking and rechecking."

          The Pentagon website has posted a new guide aimed at helping managers keep social media accounts safe.

          Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品熟女少妇免费久久| 免费无码av片在线观看网址| 天堂亚洲免费视频| 一本久道综合色婷婷五月| 精选国产av精选一区二区三区| 在线精品国精品国产不卡| 亚洲成在人网站av天堂| 国产成人综合色视频精品| 婷婷久久香蕉五月综合加勒比| 亚洲伦理一区二区| 日韩大片看一区二区三区| 国产精品国产三级国产a| 国产精品亚欧美一区二区三区| 亚洲日韩久久综合中文字幕| 亚洲精品二区在线播放| 久久夜色噜噜噜亚洲av| 久久精品国产亚洲精品2020| 久久精品国产亚洲av高清蜜臀| 亚洲国产成人资源在线| 亚洲一级av大片在线观看| 中文字幕国产精品第一页| 黄色三级网站免费| 美女人妻激情乱人伦| 亚洲伊人久久精品影院| 国内久久婷婷精品人双人| 中文字幕第一页国产精品| 少妇人妻av无码专区| 国产天美传媒性色av高清| 精品熟女亚洲av在线观看| 欧美性猛交xxxx乱大交丰满| 国产成人乱色伦区| 亚洲天堂一区二区成人在线| 国产精品美女一区二三区| 99精品国产成人一区二区| 日韩毛片在线视频x| 亚洲高清有码在线观看| 亚洲高清揄拍自拍| 日本道不卡一二三区视频| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合久久来来去| 国产午夜美女福利短视频| 久久国内精品自在自线400部|