<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / US and Canada

          US to leave more troops in Afghanistan than first planned

          (Agencies) Updated: 2014-11-26 10:18

          KABUL - The United States is preparing to increase the number of troops it keeps in Afghanistan in 2015 to fill a gap left in the NATO mission by other contributing nations, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the situation.

          The final numbers are still being agreed, but there will be at least several hundred more than initially planned, one of the sources said.

          "If they hadn't done that, the mission would have lost bases," the source said.

          Under the US commitment, described as a "bridging solution" until other nations fulfil their pledges later in the year or the troops are no longer needed, Washington may provide up to 1,000 extra soldiers.

          That figure was confirmed by all three sources, who said the final number was still under discussion and depended on when other countries stepped forward with their commitments.

          The additional US troops will be assigned to a 12,000-strong NATO force staying in Afghanistan to train, advise and assist Afghan forces through a new mission called Resolute Support, said the sources, who declined to be identified.

          The coalition force in Afghanistan did not comment on the figures but said it welcomed all commitments of troops to the new NATO-led mission.

          "We are confident that we will have the necessary resources to launch the Resolute Support mission on Jan. 1, 2015. The process to generate the forces required for the mission is ongoing," the International Security Assistance Force said.

          The Pentagon acknowledged discussions with NATO partners. But spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said, "As we stand here today, there is no change in the 9,800 force level."

          The bulk of Western combat troops, who once numbered up to 130,000, are to leave the country at the end of this year when the mission officially winds up after 13 years of war against a stubborn Taliban and its al Qaeda allies.

          AFGHAN FORCES SUFFER HEAVY LOSSES

          President Barack Obama had announced in May that US troop levels would be cut to 9,800 by the end of the year, by half again in 2015 and to a normal embassy presence with a security assistance office in Kabul by the end of 2016.

          "There will be 9,800 troops, plus at least a few hundred above and beyond that," the same source said.

          Of the 9,800, some 8,000 had been earmarked for the NATO force and the remainder for a separate anti-terrorism operation.

          The move to increase the US presence left in Afghanistan comes shortly after Obama approved plans to give the US military a wider role to fight the hardline Islamist Taliban movement alongside Afghan forces after the current mission expires.

          While Afghanistan's military and police remain in control of all 34 provincial capitals, violence has risen in the last year and the rate of casualties suffered by local security forces has been described by the US military as unsustainable.

          Around 4,600 members of the Afghan security forces have been killed already in 2014, more than 6 percent higher than the same period of 2013.

          The Taliban, ousted in 2001, has become increasingly bold in its attacks and controls several districts across a country where access to many areas is still limited by rugged terrain and poor security.

          Despite more than $4 billion in aid to Afghan forces this year, police and soldiers frequently complain that they lack proper resources to fight the Taliban alone.

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 99re视频在线| 国内少妇偷人精品免费| 精品久久久久久无码专区不卡| 国产成人AV男人的天堂| 又爽又黄又无遮掩的免费视频| 日韩欧美第一区二区三区| A毛片终身免费观看网站| 亚洲日韩精品欧美一区二区 | 国产精品VA尤物在线观看| 国产美女MM131爽爽爽| 亚洲午夜爱爱香蕉片| 久久久久亚洲精品无码蜜桃| 亚洲精品一区二区三区免| 国内精品久久久久影院薰衣草| 成人aⅴ综合视频国产| 亚洲大成色www永久网站动图| 别揉我奶头~嗯~啊~的视频 | 激情成人综合网| 资源新版在线天堂偷自拍| 白丝美女办公室高潮喷水视频 | 亚洲天堂精品一区二区| 国产日韩欧美在线播放| 日韩av在线一卡二卡三卡| 国产一区二区三区黄色片| 亚洲av成人网在线观看| 亚洲成精品动漫久久精久| 欧美成人精品一级在线观看| 亚洲毛片不卡AV在线播放一区| 国产亚洲精品日韩综合网| 国产激情电影综合在线看| 亚洲成色精品一二三区| 豆国产97在线 | 亚洲| 亚洲精品综合网中文字幕| 国产精品女同一区二区| 日韩精品一卡二卡三卡在线| 中文丰满岳乱妇在线观看| 99精品国产一区二区三| 在线看国产精品自拍内射| 中年国产丰满熟女乱子正在播放| 免费午夜无码片在线观看影院| 国产午夜福利在线机视频|