<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Africa

          WHO: New Ebola fears mount in Nigeria

          Agencies | Updated: 2014-09-04 06:22

          DAKAR, Senegal - An ill doctor in southern Nigeria exposed dozens of people to the Ebola virus by continuing to treat patients before his death, the World Health Organization warned Wednesday as it announced the toll across West Africa had surged above 1,900 fatalities.

          Officials in Nigeria had believed that Ebola was largely contained within Africa's most populous country after a sick traveler from Liberia brought the disease to Lagos. However, a man who had had contact with the ill visitor later evaded his surveillance and traveled to the oil hub of Port Harcourt where he triggered a second cluster of cases.

          A Port Harcourt doctor and another patient there are now dead, and the doctor's widow and sister are sick with Ebola. About 60 other people are under surveillance after having ``high-risk'' or ``very high-risk'' contact with the infected doctor, WHO said. More than 140 others are also being monitored.

          ``Given these multiple high-risk exposure opportunities, the outbreak of Ebola virus disease in Port Harcourt has the potential to grow larger and spread faster than the one in Lagos,'' WHO warned.

          Nigeria's health minister has said there is no reason for people to panic in Port Harcourt.

          The U.N. health agency, though, said it feared civil unrest and public fear of Ebola could further the crisis, saying ``military escorts are needed for movements into the isolation and treatment center.''

          Nigeria's Ebola toll so far has been limited in comparison to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea where hundreds have died in each country. Nigerian authorities say five people have died in Lagos, and the doctor in Port Harcourt and the other fatality there bring the national toll to seven.

          The man who infected the Port Harcourt doctor was later found after a four-day manhunt and is recovering.

          WHO said Wednesday that the physician continued to see patients after the onset of Ebola symptoms and even operated on two people. Ebola is transmitted through direct contact with bodily fluids, and health authorities say patients are only contagious once they show symptoms.

          ``Prior to hospitalization, the physician had numerous contacts with the community, as relatives and friends visited his home to celebrate the birth of a baby,'' WHO said in a statement.

          ``Once hospitalized, he again had numerous contacts with the community, as members of his church visited to perform a healing ritual said to involve the laying on of hands. During his six-day day period of hospitalization, he was attended by the majority of the hospital's health care staff.''

          The announcement from WHO did not specify whether the health care staff wore gloves or other protective gear when treating him.

          Getting protective gear to health workers in the affected areas and ensuring that they receive hazard pay are top priorities for combatting the crisis, said Dr. David Nabarro, who is coordinating the U.N. response to the outbreak.

          Doctors and nurses have been especially vulnerable to Ebola because they work closely with Ebola patients, whose bodily fluids spread the virus. Dr. Rick Sacra, 51, from the Boston area, is currently infected in Liberia, his missionary organization said Wednesday.

          Two other Americans already have been evacuated back to the United States and have recovered from Ebola. Both received an experimental drug known as ZMapp. The company has said that all of its doses are now exhausted, and it will be months before more can be made.

          It is also still not clear if the drug is effective, since human trials have not yet been carried out. Two of the people who received ZMapp died, while five others survived.?

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 色老头亚洲成人免费影院| 性一交一乱一乱一视频| 少妇伦子伦精品无吗| 亚洲AV午夜成人无码电影| 免费人妻无码不卡中文字幕18禁| 亚洲高清免费在线观看| www欧美在线观看| 日韩精品福利视频在线观看| 国产精品一码在线播放| 中文国产日韩欧美二视频| 最新国产麻豆AⅤ精品无码| XXXXXHD亚洲日本HD| 亚洲另类激情专区小说图片| 久久精品国产高潮国产夫妻| 亚洲国产精品无码久久电影| 久久麻豆成人精品| 国产高清精品一区二区三区| 午夜福利日本一区二区无码| 国产超碰人人做人人爰| 国产成人精品无码一区二区| 成人嫩草研究院久久久精品| 最新中文字幕国产精品| 天堂女人av一区二区| 欧美人与动牲猛交A欧美精品| 日本中文一二区有码在线| 在线日韩一区二区| 免费无码又爽又刺激网站| 中文字幕免费视频| 成人无码潮喷在线观看| 成年片免费观看网站| 虎白女粉嫩尤物福利视频| caoporen国产91在线| 熟女熟妇乱女乱妇综合网| 精品国产乱码久久久久APP下载| 国产18禁黄网站禁片免费视频| 丰满爆乳一区二区三区| 国产亚洲欧美日韩国产片| 亚洲国产日韩一区三区| 国产精品亚洲mnbav网站| 国产精品麻豆成人av网| 蜜芽亚洲AV无码精品国产午夜 |