<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / US and Canada

          US says journalist held in Syria has been freed

          (Agencies) Updated: 2014-08-25 06:59

          US says journalist held in Syria has been freed

          US journalist Peter Theo Curtis is shown in this undated still frame taken from video courtesy of Al Jazeera, on Aug 2, 2014. [Photo/Agencies]

          WASHINGTON - An American journalist kidnapped and held hostage for nearly two years by an al-Qaida-linked group in Syria was released Sunday, less than a week after the horrific execution of American journalist James Foley by Islamic militants.

          The freed American is 45-year-old Peter Theo Curtis, who wrote under the byline Theo Padnos.

          White House national security adviser Susan Rice said Curtis is now safe outside of Syria. Secretary of State John Kerry said Curtis was held by Jabhat al-Nusra, also known as the Nusra Front, an al-Qaida-linked militant group fighting the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

          Curtis was not believed to be among the hostages held by the Islamic State group that executed Foley. Islamic State was formally disavowed by al-Qaida earlier this year after being deemed too brutal.

          US President Barack Obama, who was wrapping up a vacation in Massachusetts, was briefed Sunday morning on Curtis' release.

          "The president shares in the joy and relief that we all feel now that Theo is out of Syria and safe," said White House spokesman Eric Schultz. "But we continue to hold in our thoughts and prayers the Americans who remain in captivity in Syria, and we will continue to use all of the tools at our disposal to see that the remaining American hostages are freed."

          A senior administration official said Curtis was released in the Golan Heights, where he was met by US government personnel who were transporting him to Tel Aviv. The official was not authorized to speak by name and discussed the release on the condition of anonymity.

          Qatar's Foreign Ministry confirmed late Sunday that the Gulf emirate succeeded in gaining Curtis' release. A government statement released by the official Qatar News Agency said he was kidnapped in Syria in 2012 and said Qatar "exerted relentless efforts to release the American journalist out of Qatar's belief in the principles of humanity and out of concern for the lives of individuals and their right to freedom and dignity." The agency said Curtis was handed over to United Nations representatives.

          In a video obtained by The Associated Press and dated July 18, 2014, Curtis sits cross-legged on a floor with his hands bound, and appears to read from a sheet placed in front of him on the floor. Addressing the US and European governments, he pleads for them to contact a named intermediary before it is too late.

          "They have given me three days to live," he says as a man holding an assault rifle and dressed in camouflage stands next to him. "If you don't do anything, I'm finished. I'm dead. They will kill me. Three days. You have had 20 days, and you've done nothing. "

          He does not specify any demands, only urges Western governments to make contact with the intermediary.

          It was not known which, if any, of the captors' demands were met.

          The energy-rich Gulf nation of Qatar, which is a leading supporter of the Syrian rebels fighting to oust President Bashar Assad, has been involved in mediating hostage releases in Syria over the past year.

          In March, the Qataris helped negotiate the release of more than a dozen Greek Orthodox nuns held by the Nusra Front. Late last year, Qatar also helped broker a deal that saw nine Lebanese pilgrims held in Syria by rebels go free in exchange for the release of two Turkish pilots held hostage in Lebanon.

          Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品无遮挡猛进猛出| 成码无人AV片在线电影网站| 人妻少妇精品视频二区| 成人国产永久福利看片| 欧美激情综合一区二区| 东京一本一道一二三区| 亚洲日韩av无码中文字幕美国| 国产午夜视频免费观看| 国产性色的免费视频网站| aa级国产女人毛片好多水| 久久国产精品乱子乱精品| 亚洲一区二区在线无码| 欧美日本激情| 国产中文成人精品久久久| 99这里只有精品| 少妇xxxxx性开放| 久久亚洲精少妇毛片午夜无码 | 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看| 亚洲成aⅴ人在线观看| 国产成人精品午夜2022| 精品www日韩熟女人妻| 中文字幕av无码不卡| 久久亚洲精品11p| 亚洲一线二线三线品牌精华液久久久| 4虎四虎永久在线精品免费| a国产一区二区免费入口| 日本久久99成人网站| 亚洲人精品亚洲人成在线| 国产一区二区日韩经典| 久久久久久久极品内射| 福利视频一区二区在线| 人人爽人人模人人人爽人人爱| 国产精品一区二区三区专区| 亚洲欧美人成人综合在线播放| 免费观看18禁黄网站| 日韩中文字幕有码av| 一本久久a久久精品综合| 国产一区二区三区在线观| 激情综合五月网| 亚洲熟女乱色综合亚洲图片| 香蕉久久国产精品免|