<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Middle East

          US troops won't be needed at end of year, Karzai says

          By Agencies in Kabul (China Daily) Updated: 2014-03-17 07:56

          In his final address to Afghanistan's National Assembly on Saturday, President Hamid Karzai told the United States its troops can leave at the end of the year because his military, which already protects 93 percent of the country, was ready to take over entirely.

          He reiterated his stance that he would not sign a pact with Washington that would provide for a residual force of US troops to remain behind after the final withdrawal, unless peace could first be established.

          The Afghan president has come under heavy pressure to sign the Bilateral Security Agreement, with a council of notables that he himself convened recommending that he sign the pact.

          The residual US force would train and mentor Afghan troops, and some US Special Forces would also be left behind to hunt down al-Qaida members.

          All 10 candidates seeking the presidency in April 5 elections have said they would sign the security agreement. But Karzai himself does not appear to want his legacy to include a commitment to a longer foreign troop presence in his country.

          Karzai was brought to power after the 2001 US-led invasion and subsequently won two presidential elections - in 2004 and again in 2009. But he has in recent years espoused a combative nationalism, with his hourlong speech on Saturday no exception.

          US troops won't be needed at end of year, Karzai says

          "I want to say to all those foreign countries who maybe out of habit or because they want to interfere, that they should not interfere," he said.

          Karzai said the war in Afghanistan was "imposed" on his nation, presumably by the 2001 invasion, and he told the US it could bring peace to Afghanistan if it went after terrorist sanctuaries and countries that supported terrorism.

          Karzai told the Assembly, which was holding its opening session for this term, that security forces were strong enough to defend Afghanistan without the help of international troops.

          Karzai will step down after next month's presidential elections. Under Afghanistan's Constitution, he is banned from seeking a third term.

          "The government will use all its power to ensure the coming presidential and provincial council elections are free, fair and transparent. The Afghan National Security Forces will also provide a secure environment for Afghans to take part in the process," he said.

          He came to power in December 2001 following an international agreement signed in Bonn, Germany, and was confirmed by a Loya Jirga, or Grand Council, which selected a transitional government to rule while preparing for nationwide elections.

          Relations between Karzai and the White House have deteriorated since his re-election in 2009, of which the US and several other countries charged widespread fraud. Karzai in turn accused them of interference.

          Throughout his speech, Karzai spoke of his accomplishments over the last 12 years, saying schools were functioning, rights were being given to women, energy projects were coming online and the Afghan currency had been stabilized. Karzai said that when he first took power, his country was isolated and nothing was functioning.

          "I know the future president will protect these gains and priorities and will do the best for peace in the country, and I, as an Afghan citizen, will support peace and will cooperate."

          Afghanistan's current parliament plans to tackle a number of key issues, including a controversial law on the elimination of violence against women.

          AP-Xinhua

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产中文99视频在线观看| 成人一区二区三区视频在线观看| 亚洲春色在线视频| 老司机久久99久久精品播放免费| 国产福利在线观看一区二区| 国产精品多p对白交换绿帽| 精品国产午夜福利在线观看| 人人做人人澡人人人爽| 亚洲国产欧美一区二区好看电影| 久久精品人人做人人| 日本成人午夜一区二区三区| 久久99精品国产99久久6尤物| 亚洲一区二区三区丝袜| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 无码专区男人本色| 亚洲av永久无码精品网站| 日韩精品国产中文字幕| 日韩人妻少妇一区二区三区| 欧美丰满妇大ass| 国内自拍小视频在线看| 日韩精品亚洲专在线电影| 老司机午夜精品视频资源| 国产成人久久精品一区二区| 亚洲av成人一区二区三区| 亚洲午夜激情久久加勒比| 婷婷综合久久中文字幕| 性色av无码无在线观看| 最新国产精品好看的精品| 福利无遮挡喷水高潮| 亚洲精品日韩在线观看| 久久精品亚洲国产成人av| 国产蜜臀久久av一区二区| 久久一日本综合色鬼综合色| 精品人妻伦九区久久69| 国产精品疯狂输出jk草莓视频| 亚洲爆乳成av人在线视菜奈实| 2021国产在线视频| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 91久久久久无码精品露脸| 电影在线观看+伦理片| 精品国产一区二区三区2021|