<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Africa

          South Africa admits error over "schizophrenic" Mandela signer

          Agencies | Updated: 2013-12-13 02:56

          A South African sign-language interpreter accused of miming nonsense as world leaders paid tribute to Nelson Mandela defended himself as a "champion" signer on Thursday, but said he suffered a schizophrenic episode during the event.

          The interpreter, 34-year-old Thamsanqa Jantjie, told Johannesburg's Star newspaper he started hearing voices and hallucinating while on stage, resulting in gestures that made no sense to outraged deaf people around the world.

          "There was nothing I could do. I was alone in a very dangerous situation. I tried to control myself and not show the world what was going on. I am very sorry. It's the situation I found myself in," he told the paper.

          The government admitted Jantjie was not a professional interpreter but played down security concerns at his sharing the podium with world leaders including US President Barack Obama at the memorial on Tuesday.

          "He was procured. He did not just rock up," Deputy Disabilities Minister Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu told a news conference. "Did a mistake happen? Yes. He became overwhelmed. He did not use the normal signs. We accept all that."

          After the memorial, South Africa's leading deaf association denounced him as a fake, making up gestures to be put into the mouths of Obama and his South African counterpart Jacob Zuma.

          Jantjie said he did not know what triggered the attack and said he took medication for his schizophrenia.

          Besides the security issues, the controversy has cast a shadow over South Africa's 10-day farewell to its first black president, who died a week ago aged 95.

          It also heaps more pressure on Zuma, who is fighting a slew of corruption allegations against him and his administration and who was booed by the crowd on Tuesday.

          Footage from two large African National Congress (ANC) events last year shows Jantjie signing on stage next to Zuma, although the ruling party said it had no idea who he was.

          Company "vanished"

          In a radio interview, Jantjie said he was happy with his performance at the memorial.

          "Absolutely, absolutely. I think that I've been a champion of sign language," he told Johannesburg's Talk Radio 702.

          When contacted by Reuters, he said he could not understand why people were complaining now, rather than after other events. "I'm not a failure. I deliver," he said.

          The publicity surrounding Jantjie's unconventional gestures - experts said he did not know even basic signs such as "thank you" or "Mandela" - sparked a frenetic hunt for him and his employers.

          Jantjie said he worked for a company called SA Interpreters, hired by the ANC for Tuesday's ceremony at Johannesburg's 95,000-seat Soccer City stadium.

          Attempts by Reuters to track down the company were unsuccessful. Bogopane-Zulu said its management had fled the glare of publicity, with the suggestion that it had been providing sub-standard interpreters for some time.

          "We managed to get hold of them, and then we spoke to them wanting some answers and they vanished into thin air," she said. "It's a clear indication that over the years they have managed to get away with this."

          The death of Nobel peace laureate Mandela has led to an outpouring of grief and emotion, combined with celebration and thanksgiving, among his 53 million countrymen and millions more around the world.

          Thousands more mourners queued to say goodbye to Mandela in Pretoria, although that too has not been without its problems.

          In the absence of sufficient drinking water and toilets, several people passed out on Wednesday, and on Thursday social media reports said some mourners had photographed Mandela's body, defying the wishes of his family and the government.

          But the Department of State Security said in a statement that a purported photograph of Mandela's remains was a fake and urged people to delete it. It said there were no plans to release an official photograph of Mandela lying in state.

          His body will lie in state for a third day on Friday before being flown to the Eastern Cape to be buried on Sunday at his ancestral home in Qunu, 700 km (450 miles) south of Johannesburg.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产午夜A理论毛片| 偷拍美女厕所尿尿嘘嘘小便| 欧美成人h亚洲综合在线观看| 欧美国产成人精品二区芒果视频| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜avapp| 国产精品福利一区二区三区| 亚洲伊人久久综合成人| 亚洲国产欧美在线观看片| 放荡的少妇2欧美版| 日本黄页网站免费观看| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 日本一区二区三区黄色| 在线观看中文字幕码国产| 欧美最大胆的西西人体44| 色综合天天综合天天更新| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 性夜夜春夜夜爽夜夜免费视频| 久久五月丁香合缴情网| 亚洲 自拍 另类 制服在线| 少妇熟女久久综合网色欲| 亚洲乱色熟女一区二区三区蜜臀| 国产精品免费第一区二区| 无码午夜剧场| 在线成人国产天堂精品av| 日韩内射美女人妻一区二区三区| 久久精品国产99久久6| 国产日韩精品欧美一区灰| 久久99精品久久久久久青青| 插插射啊爱视频日a级| 久久无码高潮喷水| 国产 亚洲 制服 无码 中文 | 亚洲欧美国产日韩天堂区| 日本欧美v大码在线| 国产精品三级中文字幕| 久久亚洲色WWW成人欧美| 亚欧成人精品一区二区乱| 香蕉人妻av久久久久天天| 国产视色精品亚洲一区二区 | 国产一区二区女内射| 亚洲自拍偷拍一区二区三区| 免费二级毛片在线播放 |