<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          Navy Yard shooter's security clearance questioned

          Agencies | Updated: 2013-09-18 10:44

          WASHINGTON - US lawmakers are calling for a review into how the suspected shooter in Monday's rampage at the Washington Navy Yard received and maintained a security clearance, despite a history of violent episodes.

          Aaron Alexis, 34, received a security clearance more than five years ago and it helped him obtain his most recent job as a technology contractor at the Navy Yard, where he allegedly killed 12 people before being shot dead by police.

          Lawmakers say this most recent incident shows serious flaws in the federal government's process for issuing security clearances and vetting contractors - an issue laid bare earlier this year by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden who disclosed details about top-secret US spying programs.

          Democratic Senators Claire McCaskill and Jon Tester plan to send a letter to the Office of Personnel Management's inspector general, demanding answers about how Alexis' background check was conducted for his security clearance.

          The OPM is the agency primarily responsible for overseeing federal background checks.

          "I want to know who conducted his (Alexis') background investigation, if that investigation was done by contractors, and if it was subject to the same systemic problems we've seen with other background checks in the recent past," McCaskill said in a statement to Reuters on Tuesday.

          "While guilt ultimately lies with the perpetrator of this terrible crime, those who lost loved ones and were injured in yesterday's shooting deserve to know the answers to these questions," she said.

          One of the points they want reviewed, according to a copy of the letter seen by Reuters, was "how Mr. Alexis' background investigations addressed his pattern of misconduct, including his reported arrests on charges relating to firearms in 2004 and 2010" and a prior disorderly conduct charge.

          The OPM inspector general's office and OPM had no comment on Alexis.

          Scrutiny of the security clearance process is just one security area that officials are reviewing in the aftermath of Monday's mass shooting.

          US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is seeking a review of physical security and access at all Defense Department installations worldwide, and the White House said it will review standards for federal government contractors.

          Missing Red Flags

          Alexis' initial background check was conducted as part of his service in the US Navy Reserve from May 2007 to January 2011.

          The OPM conducted a National Agency Check that was completed in August 2007 on Alexis and he was determined eligible to handle "secret" material in March 2008, a US defense official said.

          Other officials said that type of check includes a routine review of government databases, an FBI fingerprint check and sometimes checks with local police. The defense official said Alexis' vetting including local police checks and a credit check.

          Sometimes the person applying for the security clearance is also interviewed by investigators, but the review is far less complex than the type of full-scale background investigation that is conducted on applicants for "top secret" clearance.

          That check for his security clearance was conducted after Alexis was arrested in Seattle in 2004 for shooting a construction worker's car tires in an anger-fueled "blackout," according to the Seattle Police Department.

          The "secret" clearance that he was granted lasts 10 years and was in effect during two other incidents.

          In 2008, Alexis was cited for disorderly conduct in Georgia when he was kicked out of a club for damaging furnishings and cursing. Alexis was then arrested in 2010 in Texas for discharging a firearm in a case that was dropped after investigators determined his gun accidentally fired while it was being cleaned.

          In 2011 Alexis received an honorable discharge from the Navy Reserve, even though the Navy had been pursuing a general discharge against him on a series of eight to 10 misconduct charges, ranging from traffic offenses to disorderly conduct, a military official said.

          Private pre-employment background checks also apparently failed to properly flag Alexis as a security risk. The Experts Inc, an information technology company that hired Alexis to work on a project helping service the Navy Marine Corps intranet, said it had also enlisted a service to perform two background checks on him over the last year.

          The checks revealed no issues other than one minor traffic violation, the company said.

          'A Major Problem'

          "Somebody didn't do their job, or the system we have is not working," Representative Dutch Ruppersberger, the senior Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told Reuters.

          He expressed concern that an individual like Alexis who had possible anger issues and might have had a criminal record was able to receive a security clearance. "It's a major problem."

          Tester said Monday's rampage should give momentum to bipartisan legislation he has sponsored that was aimed at improving security clearances after the Snowden incident.

          The legislation would give the OPM inspector general more flexibility with funding for audits and other oversight activities and require OPM to fire or suspend investigators and contractors who falsify background reports.

          "This isn't going to stop if we don't start taking some proactive policy measures," Tester told Reuters. "It looks as if the background checks are less thorough; it looks like corners are being cut with Snowden and now Alexis."

          The legislation was approved by the Senate Homeland Security Committee in July but the timing for full Senate consideration is unclear.

          Republican sponsors of the legislation, Senators Rob Portman and Ron Johnson, could not be reached for comment.

           

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美日韩高清一区二区三区| 国产目拍亚洲精品一区二区| 骚虎三级在线免费播放| 丁香五月激情图片| 国产在线观看网址不卡一区| 菠萝菠萝蜜午夜视频在线播放观看| 丁香婷婷激情综合俺也去| 国产欧美日韩精品丝袜高跟鞋| 国产高清午夜人成在线观看,| 亚洲女人天堂成人av在线| 亚洲国产精品人人做人人爱| 国产一级r片内射免费视频| 国产成人MV视频在线观看| 久久国产精品色av免费看| 中文字幕国产精品专区| 东京热人妻丝袜无码AV一二三区观| 日本五十路熟女一区二区| 无码中文字幕加勒比高清| 亚洲自拍精品视频在线| 国产微拍一区二区三区四区| 免费观看全黄做爰大片| 亚洲国产成人无码av在线影院 | A三级三级成人网站在线视频| 一本伊大人香蕉久久网手机| 一区二区三区激情都市| 69成人免费视频无码专区| 欧美大bbbb流白水| 国产在线观看一区精品| 午夜高清福利在线观看| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠777米奇| 偷拍久久大胆的黄片视频| 久久av无码精品人妻糸列| 亚洲国产成人久久精品不卡| 国产精品任我爽爆在线播放6080| 国产在线国偷精品产拍| 激情国产一区二区三区四区小说| 国产亚洲精品自在久久vr| 亚洲精品天天影视综合网| 亚洲国产初高中生女av| 亚洲欧美高清在线精品一区二区| 乱公和我做爽死我视频|