<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          Obama says no decision made on Syria

          Xinhua | Updated: 2013-08-29 10:26

          WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama said on Wednesday that he has not made a decision about how to respond to the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria's internal conflict.

          "I have not made a decision," the president said in an interview with the "PBS News Hour" at the White House, reiterating he is weighing options in the wake of the claimed chemical attack in the suburbs of Damascus, capital of Syria, on August 21, in which, as many as 1,300 people were reportedly killed.

          But he said the international norm against the use of banned weapons needs to be "kept in place."

          "We have concluded that the Syrian government in fact carried these out, and if that's so, then there need to be international consequences," he added. "I have no interest in any kind of open-ended conflict in Syria."

          The UN chemical weapons inspectors on Wednesday continued checking sites of the alleged attacks while CIA and the Pentagon working to gather more human intelligence tying Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to the attack.

          Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said that the UN inspectors need "four days more" to finish their work.

          US House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday joined some of his peers by sending a letter to Obama, calling on the president to make his case for launching military strikes on Syria in response to the gas attack.

          The top lawmaker demanded that Obama "make the case to the American people and Congress for how potential military action will secure American national security interests, preserve America's credibility, deter the future use of chemical weapons, and, critically, be a part of our broader policy and strategy."

          "I think it's important that if, we make a choice to have repercussions for the use of chemical weapons, then the Assad regime, which is involved in a civil war, trying to protect itself, will have received a pretty strong signal, that in fact, it better not do it again," Obama told the PBS.

          Obama pledged a "limited, tailored approach" that will not draw the United States into the conflict, saying direct military engagement "would not help the situation on the ground."

          "If we are saying in a clear and decisive but very limited way, we send a shot across the bow saying, 'Stop doing this,' this can have a positive impact on our national security over the long term," Obama said.

          US media reported that the military strikes under consideration will hit targets inside Syria, involving sea-launched cruise missiles or possibly long-range bombers.

          Administration officials said the options aim not at toppling the Syrian government led by President Bashar al-Assad, but rather a direct response to the use of sarin gas last week.

          The Syrian government and opposition, engaged in conflict since March 2011, have been blaming each other for the alleged use of the chemical weapons.

          An assessment on Syrian government's culpability is expected to be released by the American intelligence later this week.

          "When you start talking about chemical weapons in a country that has the largest stockpile of chemical weapons in the world, where over time, their control over chemical weapons may erode, where they're allied to known terrorist organizations that, in the past, have targeted the United States, then there is a prospect, a possibility, in which chemical weapons that can have devastating effects could be directed at us," Obama said. "And we want to make sure that that does not happen."

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品日韩专区第一页| 国产成人午夜精品福利| 久久青草精品38国产免费| 人人妻人人澡人人爽曰本| 亚洲av日韩在线资源| 小嫩批日出水无码视频免费 | 中文无码熟妇人妻av在线| 蜜桃一区二区三区免费看| 成人无码h真人在线网站| 玩弄放荡人妻少妇系列| 国产在线无码视频一区二区三区| 又爽又黄又无遮挡的激情视频| 日本精品一区二区不卡| chinese老太交videos| 国模一区二区三区私拍视频| 国产绿帽在线视频看| 日韩精品 在线 国产 丝袜| 国产人免费人成免费视频| 无码伊人久久大杳蕉中文无码| 蜜臀AⅤ永久无码精品| 亚洲av片在线免费观看| 亚洲制服无码一区二区三区 | 亚洲欧洲av一区二区久久| 夜色爽爽影院18禁妓女影院| 国产极品精品自在线不卡| 人妻精品动漫h无码| 亚洲国产性夜夜综合| 免费人成视频x8x8国产| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区蜜桃| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 无码人妻丰满熟妇啪啪| 中文字幕无线码免费人妻| 最新精品国偷自产在线下载| 九九热精品在线免费视频| 国产精品亚洲五月天高清| 国产精品一区二区三区黄色 | 国产成人欧美日韩在线电影| 成人片99久久精品国产桃花岛 | 久久人人97超碰精品| 日韩一区二区黄色一级片| 国内精品伊人久久久久av|