<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Middle East

          US preparing for probable strike on Syria

          Agencies | Updated: 2013-08-28 06:30

          US preparing for probable strike on Syria

          Free Syrian Army fighters inspect munitions and a tank that belonged to forces loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad after they seized Aleppo's town of Khanasir August 26, 2013. [Photo/Agencies]

          AMMAN/BEIRUT - The United States and its allies were gearing up on Tuesday for a probable military strike against Syria that could happen within days as punishment for last week's chemical weapons attacks blamed on President Bashar al-Assad's government.

          Western powers have told the Syrian opposition to expect military action against Assad's forces soon, according to sources who attended a meeting between envoys and the Syrian National Coalition in Istanbul.

          Amid a quickening drumbeat of preparations, US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel said American forces in the region were "ready to go" if President Barack Obama gives the order, as intelligence agencies assembled what is sure to be final confirmation of the Syrian government's culpability for Wednesday's poison gas attack near Damascus.

          White House spokesman Jay Carney said it would "fanciful" to think that anyone other than Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces was responsible for the chemical attack, which killed hundreds of people as they slept.

          Obama has yet to make a final decision on the US response, Carney said, but left little doubt that it would involve military action. He insisted, however, that Washington was not intent on "regime change," signalling that any military strikes would be limited and not meant to topple Assad.

          The British military was also drafting plans. Prime Minister David Cameron, anxious, like Obama, not to emulate the entanglements in wars in Afghanistan and Iraqi that beset their predecessors, said any strikes would be "specific" so as not to drag the allies deeper into the Syrian civil war now in its third year.

          Cameron recalled parliament for a debate on Syria on Thursday.

          UN chemical weapons investigators put off until Wednesday a second trip to the rebel-held suburbs of Damascus, where activists say hundreds of civilians died a week ago.

          While evidence of chemical warfare could bolster an argument for intervention at the United Nations in the face of likely Russian and Chinese opposition, Western leaders and the Arab League have already declared Assad guilty.

          Ahmad Jarba, president of the rebel Syrian National Coalition, met envoys from 11 countries at an Istanbul hotel, including the US ambassador to Syria, Robert Ford. The rebel leaders proposed targets for cruise missiles and bombing.

          One participant said: "The opposition was told in clear terms that action to deter further use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime could come as early as in the next few days."

          Planning appears to focus on missile or air strikes. There is little public support in Western countries for troops to invade Syria.

          "We have moved assets in place to be able to fulfil and comply with whatever option the president wishes to take," Hagel said.

          The precise timing of possible military action remained unclear, but it is certain to wait for an official US intelligence report blaming Assad's government for the chemical attack. The findings, considered merely a formality at this point, will be released this week, US officials said.

          Under growing pressure for US action on Syria Obama is expected to keep close watch on the situation there, but he will go ahead with a speech on Wednesday at Washington's Lincoln Memorial marking the 50th anniversary of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream speech."

          US preparing for probable strike on Syria

          Previous 1 2 3 Next

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 偷拍一区二区三区在线视频| 精品国产成人午夜福利| a在线亚洲男人的天堂试看| 清纯唯美人妻少妇第一页| 中日韩精品视频一区二区三区 | 国产老女人免费观看黄A∨片| 亚洲精品有码在线观看| 久久er99热精品一区二区| 制服丝袜美腿一区二区| 国产 麻豆 日韩 欧美 久久| 国产一区二区三区四区色| 精品一区二区成人码动漫| 精品免费看国产一区二区| 国产精品自在线拍国产手青青机版| 欧美人与zoxxxx另类| 人妻熟女一区| 欧美精品一区二区精品久久| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频| 国内熟妇人妻色在线三级| 国产精品麻豆中文字幕| 成人av一区二区三区| 国产高清亚洲精品视bt天堂频| 97一区二区国产好的精华液| 免费黄色大全一区二区三区| 国产偷拍自拍视频在线观看| 国产第一页浮力影院入口| 国产精品 自在自线| 亚洲色无码播放亚洲成av| 羞羞影院午夜男女爽爽免费视频| 成人国产精品日本在线观看| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| 人妻熟妇乱又伦精品无码专区| 我要看特黄特黄的亚洲黄片| 亚洲人成色99999在线观看| 国产成人综合95精品视频| 中文字日产幕码三区国产| 欧美大bbbb流白水| 欧美午夜小视频| 亚洲精品久久麻豆蜜桃| 国产久热精品无码激情| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁中文字幕|