<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          Pentagon: 274 troop remains dumped in landfill

          Updated: 2011-12-09 08:51

          (Agencies)

            Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

          WASHINGTON - The US Air Force was harshly criticized on Thursday after the disclosure that the partial remains of at least 274 American troops had been dumped in a Virginia landfill.

          The Air Force first acknowledged the controversial practice last month and said it had abandoned the practice in 2008.

          But it only disclosed the extent of the cases following an investigation by the Washington Post.

          The Air Force is responsible for dealing respectfully with the remains of fallen US servicemen at Dover Air Force Base, the main entry point for returning American war dead from the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

          A senior Pentagon official, briefing reporters, left open the possibility that there may be even more cases prior to 2003, the furthest back the Air Force said it could conduct research due to changes in record-keeping.

          Congressman Rush Holt, from President Barack Obama's Democratic Party, slammed the Air Force's handing of the affair, calling the practice an "obvious desecration."

          "I still don't think we're at the bottom of it," Holt told Reuters. "It's not just that they're hiding it from us. I think they're hiding it from themselves."

          The incidents involved residual remains of fallen American troops -- often killed in catastrophic explosions -- that were found after families had received the bodies of their loved ones.

          The Air Force has said families of the 274 fallen troops had granted the military authorization to deal with any residual remains, but acknowledged they had not been made aware those remains would end up in a landfill after cremation.

          In 2008, the Air Force decided to start disposing of such remains at sea.

          At the Pentagon, Captain John Kirby rebuffed accusations that the defense department wasn't taking the matter seriously.

          "I don't think there is another federal agency in this town -- I don't think there's another institution in the country -- that does understand more than we do about how to properly treat the remains of our fallen troops," Kirby said.

          Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz has defended the decision not to fire anyone as a result of the practices. But Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has asked the Air Force to take a second look at the punishment meted out over the affair, after the Office of Special Counsel said the disciplinary action so far did not go far enough.

          Panetta has also ordered an independent review of Dover mortuary's current practices.

           

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 99久久久无码国产精品9| 青春草在线观看播放网站| 夜夜躁日日躁狠狠久久av| 亚洲乱码一卡二卡卡3卡4卡| 久久18禁高潮出水呻吟娇| 亚洲色拍拍噜噜噜最新网站| 日韩精品无码免费专区网站| 我要看特黄特黄的亚洲黄片| 国产午夜精品福利久久| 午夜视频免费试看| 四虎国产精品成人| 2021国产成人精品国产| 亚洲精品人妻中文字幕| 中文字幕网伦射乱中文| 深田えいみ禁欲后被隔壁人妻 | 人妻少妇邻居少妇好多水在线| 99re免费视频| 又粗又硬又黄a级毛片| 成全电影大全在线观看| 成av人片一区二区久久| 国产精品亚洲专区一区二区| 日韩精品中文字幕一线不卡| 久久久无码精品亚洲日韩蜜臀浪潮| 久久一级精品久熟女人妻| 偷拍精品一区二区三区| 亚洲AV高清一区二区三区尤物| 亚洲精品人成网线在线| 成年女人喷潮免费视频| 成人无码区免费视频| 忘忧草在线观看日本| 偷拍专区一区二区三区| 公天天吃我奶躁我的在线观看| 久久亚洲精品11p| 欧美日本激情| 少妇熟女久久综合网色欲| 强制高潮18xxxxhd日韩| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外| 久久国产精品久久国产精品| 中文字幕久区久久中文字幕| 狠狠色狠狠色综合日日不卡| 国产福利视频区一区二区|