<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          Asia-Pacific

          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war

          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2010-09-03 10:24
          Large Medium Small

          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war

          Mourners bury the body of murdered immigrant Miguel Carcamo in El Guante September 2, 2010. Carcamo, 43, the father of four children, travelled illegally for the first time to the US on August 3. According to Honduras' Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Carcamo was one of the 21 Honduran immigrants murdered and identified so far at Tamaulipas, Mexico, where a series of firefights with drug gang members have occurred. [Agencies]

          MEXICO CITY?- President Felipe Calderon tried to rally frustrated Mexicans behind his increasingly bloody drug war Thursday, saying he knows violence has surged under his watch, but arguing that it is the price of confronting powerful and brutal cartels.

          Calderon delivered his annual state-of-the-nation address two days after his government brought down the third major kingpin in less than a year. But it also came less than two weeks after the massacre of 72 migrants near the US border, which laid bare how freely drug traffickers operate in pockets of the country, no matter how many capos are captured.

          "I am well aware that over the past year, violence has worsened," Calderon said. "But we must battle on."

          Calderon has struggled to maintain support for a fight that was hugely popular when he first deployed tens of thousands of soldiers and federal police to drug-cartel strongholds across the country in late 2006. 

          Since then, gang violence has become more shocking, with beheaded bodies hung from bridges and police discovering pits filled with dozens of slain cartel victims. Gangs have employed warfare tactics previously unseen in Mexico, including car bombs and blockades in front of police stations and army garrisons.

          Underscoring the point, a shootout later Thursday between soldiers and suspected cartel gunmen in Nuevo Leon state, near Texas, left 25 suspects dead.

          The gunbattle began when an army patrol in the town of General Trevino came under fire from a ranch allegedly controlled by the Zetas drug gang, according to a military spokesman who was not authorized to be quoted by name. The troops returned fire and invaded the ranch. No soldiers were killed.

          A debate now rages in Mexico: Critics, especially Mexicans who live in the most violent cities, believe the government is losing control. Calderon and his supporters argue the violence is a sign drug gangs are reeling and fighting with each other as their bosses fall one by one.

          "If we want a safe Mexico for the Mexicans of the future, we must take on the cost of achieving it today," Calderon said.

          Calderon's supporters include the US government, which backs his fight with millions of dollars in aid.

          Although Mexico's violence increasingly worries Washington?- President Barack Obama sent more National Guard troops to the border last week, and the State Department pulled the children of American diplomats out of the northern city of Monterrey?- US officials say they don't believe drug cartels are growing stronger.

          "I don't know that I would characterize it as more powerful, but I would certainly say they are more aggressive," said David Johnson, assistant secretary of state for international narcotics, who was in Mexico City this week.

          Calderon got a major boost with the capture Monday of Texas-born Edgar Valdez Villarreal, alias "La Barbie," who is wanted in three US states for cocaine trafficking and had turned central Mexico into a bloody battleground as he fought a rival for control of the Beltran Leyva cartel.

          Related readings:
          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war 17 immigrants kidnapped in N Mexico
          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war Mexicans hope drug lord's arrest may turn tide
          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war Mexico captures elusive drug kingpin 'The Barbie'
          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war Mexico says drug lord 'the Barbie' captured
          Calderon: Violence price worth paying in drug war Mayor in Mexican border state killed

          US and Mexican officials hailed the arrest as the product of deeper cooperation between the two countries and the improving intelligence capabilities of Mexican federal security forces.

          Authorities have expressed hope that more cartel leaders will be captured with the help of Valdez, who seems to be cooperating with investigators.

          Federal police released a video of La Barbie discussing a meeting several years ago in which Mexico's top cartels reached a nonaggression pact. Valdez told police that Sinaloa cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman?- the world's most powerful drug trafficker by some accounts?- was the first to break that pact two years ago when he tried to wrest smuggling routes through the northern state of Chihuahua from the Juarez cartel.

          That fight?- which US law-enforcement officials say El Chapo has largely won?- has turned the border city of Ciudad Juarez into one of the world's deadliest.

          Two other major capos have been killed in shootouts with the Mexican military since December: La Barbie's boss, Arturo Beltran Leyva, and Ignacio Nacho Coronel, No. 3 in the Sinaloa cartel.

          Calderon touted the military's work, and added that Mexican officials also had made 34,515 drug-related arrests over the past year, including more than 700 gang leaders.

          And yet the cartel operatives still at large continue to kidnap, extort and kill with impunity.

          "No cartel is desperate," said Federico Toto, a school teacher in Monterrey. "Ask those who are going to take La Barbie's place, for example, if they are 'desperate.' The only thing (security forces) are achieving is that the trash at the bottom rises to the top. It's a cycle."

          In his speech, Calderon didn't mention how many of the drug suspects arrested this year were convicted?- or even charged. According to the report he handed over to Congress, just 12 percent of criminal investigations under his administration have ended in convictions. Government figures obtained show that three-quarters of the drug suspects arrested have been freed.

          Calderon said that he has started to tackle that problem with US-backed training of federal police and a massive reform of Mexico's secretive, inquisitorial justice system.

          But until such a reform takes place, criminals "have no fear of the government," said Mexican drug-war expert Jorge Chabat. "They have no fear at all they are ever going to be brought to justice."

          The shortcomings of Mexico's criminal-justice system were on full display earlier this week when a cartel suspect's trial ended with his acquittal on kidnapping charges.

          During Jose Luis Carrizales' yearslong trial, several police officers, prison guards, a judge and a defense attorney were killed. On Tuesday, authorities transferred Carrizales to a prison in the northern state of Tamaulipas, where he faced murder charges.

          He was killed by other prisoners hours after his arrival.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产丝袜啪啪| 全午夜免费一级毛片| 亚洲综合一区二区三区| 国产精品免费看久久久| 日韩精品一二区在线视频| 国产一区二区三区亚洲精品| 欧美老熟妇乱子伦牲交视频| 国产精自产拍久久久久久蜜| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 亚洲一区二区经典在线播放 | 99久久国产精品无码| 精品国产综合成人亚洲区| 国产精品一线二线三线区| 日本伊人色综合网| 久久精品人人槡人妻人人玩| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜2o2o| 蜜桃视频一区二区在线观看| 亚洲国产韩国一区二区| 精品一区二区免费不卡| 精品中文人妻中文字幕| 99精品国产一区在线看| 国产一区二区三区在线看| 色综合激情丁香七月色综合| 国产美女69视频免费观看 | 99久久免费只有精品国产| 国产猛男猛女超爽免费视频| 国产精品自拍午夜福利| 午夜国产精品视频免费看电影| 中文字幕无线码免费人妻| 国产一区二区三区色区| 九九在线精品国产| 成人国产在线永久免费| 精品国偷自产在线视频99| 国产精品亚洲А∨天堂免| 青青草国产自产一区二区| 色综合天天综合| 亚洲精品动漫一区二区三| 中文字字幕人妻中文| 国产91久久精品成人看| 国产一区二区三区精品综合| 国产精品自拍视频免费看|