<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          Global General

          UN: Taliban cause Afghan civilian deaths to soar

          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2010-01-13 18:00
          Large Medium Small

          KABUL: The number of Afghan civilians who died in war-related violence last year soared to the highest annual level since the conflict began in 2001, the UN said Wednesday, while deaths attributed to allied forces dropped 30 percent?-- a key US goal for winning over the Afghan people.

          Unrelenting violence, which has defied a usual lull in the winter, has highlighted concern that casualties will rise as the US and NATO send 37,000 more troops to try to stabilize the country. Civilian casualties have been a sensitive subject in Afghanistan, with US forces frequently accused of killing noncombatants in airstrikes.

          Nearly half of the Afghan civilian casualties occurred in southern Afghanistan, which has seen intense fighting as US and allied troops seek to oust the Taliban and other insurgents, the UN said in a report. It said previously stable areas, such as Kunduz province and elsewhere in the northeast, also have witnessed increasing insecurity.

          The UN mission in Afghanistan said 2,412 civilians were killed in 2009?-- a 14 percent increase over the 2,118 who died in 2008. Another 3,566 civilians were wounded.

          Related readings:
          UN: Taliban cause Afghan civilian deaths to soar Afghan troops detain 2 Taliban shadowy district chiefs
          UN: Taliban cause Afghan civilian deaths to soar Afghan attacks kill 8 CIA employees, 5 Canadians
          UN: Taliban cause Afghan civilian deaths to soar US may start Afghan transition before July 2011
          UN: Taliban cause Afghan civilian deaths to soar NATO denies killing civilians in Afghanistan

          Seventy percent of the killings, or 1,681, were blamed on insurgents while 25 percent, or 596, were attributed to pro-government forces, the report said. The remaining 135 deaths could not be attributed to either side but were civilians caught in the crossfire or killed by unexploded ordnance.

          The top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, has ordered troops to use airstrikes judiciously and take other measures to reduce civilian casualties following widespread public outrage over civilian deaths.

          Still, each new report of civilians killed unleashes raw emotions that highlight a growing impatience among the Afghan people with coalition forces' inability to secure the nation.

          The number of civilians killed by pro-government forces, including US airstrikes, decreased by 28 percent over the previous year, the report found. Airstrikes still killed 359 civilians, or 60 percent of the deaths attributed to pro-government forces and 15 percent of civilian deaths overall.

          "This decrease reflects measures taken by international military forces to conduct operations in a manner that reduces the risk posed to civilians," it said.

          A survey released this week found that 42 percent of the 1,534 Afghan respondents now blame the violence on the Taliban?-- up from 27 percent a year ago. Seventeen percent blame the US, NATO or the Afghan security forces, down from 36 percent a year ago. But 66 percent said airstrikes by the US and international forces were unacceptable because they endangered too many innocent civilians, even though they might help defeat militants.

          The survey, commissioned by ABC News, the BBC and ARD German TV, was conducted from December 11 to December 23 by the Afghan Center for Socio-Economic and Opinion Research in Kabul, a subsidiary of D3 Systems Inc. in Vienna, Va. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

          "The thinking in the past up until this past year was that we need to go ahead and deal with the insurgency and we will take a calculated risk in terms of collateral damage," said Kamran Bokhari, an analyst with the US-based global intelligence firm Stratfor. "That has somewhat shifted where more caution is being exercised."

          But he predicted the escalation of the US mission in Afghanistan would result in even more casualties.

          "Civilians are going to be caught in the middle," he said. "So the numbers are going to go up."

          The UN said more than half the number of civilian deaths were a result of suicide attacks and other bombings as well as assassinations and executions. The rest were largely due to rocket attacks and civilians caught in crossfire.

          Those targeted include community elders, former military personnel, doctors, teachers and construction workers as well as employees of the UN and non-governmental organizations.

          "Through these actions, the armed opposition has demonstrated a significant disregard for the suffering inflicted on civilians," the report said.

          NATO forces also conducted a number of ground operations that caused civilian casualties, including search and seizure operations that often involved excessive use of force, destruction of property and cultural insensitivity, particularly toward women, according to the report.

          The UN mission maintains a database on civilian casualties but does not break down responsibility for particular incidents other than attributing them to insurgents or pro-government forces.

          It tracks the numbers with human rights teams based in 20 of the 34 provinces that investigate casualty reports on the ground, including traveling to the other provinces. It also works closely with the Afghan human rights commission, which operates in all provinces.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 极品少妇的粉嫩小泬看片 | 蜜桃av一区二区高潮久久精品| 性少妇videosexfreexxxx片| 亚洲国产精品男人的天堂| 中文字幕精品人妻av在线| 中文字幕日韩有码国产| 精品一区二区三区日韩版| 黄色三级亚洲男人的天堂| 少妇精品无码一区二区免费视频| 亚洲欧美综合精品二区| 双乳奶水饱满少妇呻吟免费看| 精品无码久久久久久尤物| 国产三级精品片| 成人福利国产午夜AV免费不卡在线| 精品国产高清中文字幕| 国产在线视频46p| 爱性久久久久久久久| 精品伊人久久久香线蕉| 最新国产色视频在线播放| 国产成人午夜福利院| 欧美成人免费全部观看国产| 国产精品人成在线播放蜜臀| 动漫AV纯肉无码AV电影网| L日韩欧美看国产日韩欧美| 国产欲女高潮正在播放| 日韩av无码免费播放| 国产一区一一区高清不卡| 娇妻玩4p被三个男人伺候| 综合在线 亚洲 成人 欧美| 久久精品免费观看国产| 国产欧美一区二区三区视频在线观看 | 国产乱人无码伦av在线a| 人人做人人澡人人人爽| AV人摸人人人澡人人超碰妓女| 影视先锋av资源噜噜| 2021国产精品视频网站| 国产精品一码二码三码四码| 亚洲精品一区二区妖精| 麻花传媒免费网站在线观看| 中国成人黄色自拍视频|