<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> America
          Obama could lock in Afghanistan decision Monday
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-11-24 09:29

          The additional troops would be concentrated in the south and east of Afghanistan, the areas where the US already has most of its forces, military officials said. The new troops that already went this year were directed to help relieve Marines stretched to the limit by far-flung postings in Helmand province and that would continue, while the US effort would expand somewhat in Kandahar.

          The increase would include at least three Army brigades and a single, larger Marine Corps contingent, officials said.

          All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision is not final.

          US war planners would be forgoing the option of increasing US fighting power in the north, a once-quiet quadrant where insurgents have grown in strength and number in the past year. But McChrystal's recommendation never called for a quick infusion there.

          In the absence of large additions of ground forces, dealing with the north would probably require relying more heavily on air power, two military officials said. Any such additional air strikes would be more successful if, as US officials hope, Pakistan turns up the heat on Taliban militants on their side of the border.

          As originally envisioned by McChrystal, the additional US troops would begin flowing in late January or after, on a deployment calendar that would be slower and more complex than that used to build up the Iraq "surge" in 2007. McChrystal's schedule for full deployment has it taking nearly two years, military officials said.

          The relatively slow rollout is largely driven by logistics. But it also could give the White House some leverage over Afghan President Hamid Karzai. US officials note that where and how fast troops are deployed are a means to encourage fresh and more serious efforts at cooperation and clean government in Afghanistan.

          The White House is aiming for an announcement by Obama by the middle of next week, after Congress returns from its Thanksgiving break.

          Military officials, congressional aides and European diplomats said they expect Obama to deliver a national address laying out the revamped strategy. Said Obama in a television interview last week: "At the end of this process, I'm going to be able to present to the American people in very clear terms what exactly is at stake, what we intend to do, how we're going to succeed, how much it's going to cost, how long it's going to take."

          Congressional hearings would immediately follow that address, including testimony from McChrystal.

          "Gen. McChrystal will certainly be coming back to ... testify. When that is is still to be determined," based on the timing of the White House announcement, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said.

          On the topic of increased costs in Afghanistan, Gibbs said that the subject of a war tax, suggested by some leading Democrats on Capitol Hill, has not come up yet in the president's extensive meetings with his war advisers.

             Previous page 1 2 Next Page  

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 18禁国产一区二区三区| a在线免费| 中文字幕在线视频免费| 国产日韩综合av在线| 手机在线看永久AV片免费| 国产伦一区二区三区精品| 亚洲成a人在线播放www | 妖精视频亚州无吗高清版| 成人在线亚洲| 亚洲美女少妇偷拍萌白酱| 免青青草免费观看视频在线| 色老头亚洲成人免费影院| 国内揄拍国内精品人妻| 国产精品日韩av在线播放| 亚洲成av人片无码迅雷下载| 国产又黄又硬又粗| 日韩视频福利| 偷拍专区一区二区三区| 国产免费久久精品44| 中文精品无码中文字幕无码专区| 亚洲一区二区精品极品| 欧洲美熟女乱又伦免费视频| 国产老熟女一区二区三区| 亚洲综合色成在线观看| 久久精品久久电影免费理论片| 日韩精品人妻av一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区免费在线观看| 亚洲av日韩av一区久久| 久女女热精品视频在线观看| 人妻大胸奶水2| 国产精品无码无需播放器| 亚洲国产大片永久免费看| 在线成人国产天堂精品av| 国产av亚洲精品ai换脸电影| 国产欧亚州美日韩综合区| 亚洲国产成人无码影院| 精品乱码一区二区三四五区| 久久无码中文字幕免费影院| av高清无码 在线播放| 男女爽爽无遮挡午夜视频| 日韩国产成人精品视频|