<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Europe
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-11-19 02:00

          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit

          UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Director-General Jacques Diouf speaks during a news conference at the end of the hunger summit in Rome November 18, 2009. [Agencies]

          ROME: An absence of many world leaders undermined this week's UN food summit from the start, and its final declaration shows little progress was made in the fight against hunger.

          UN officials put on a brave face throughout the Nov. 16-18 Rome meeting, saying it had won broad support for the need to focus on longer-term agricultural development -- rather than emergency aid -- to help poor countries feed themselves.

          "It's a half-full, half-empty glass," said Jacques Diouf, Director General of the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, who had called the summit to keep attention high on the plight of the more than one billion people going hungry.

          "We made some progress to reverse the decline in agricultural investments ... but it did not go as far as FAO would have wished to see," he told the final news conference.

          Related readings:
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit Rich countries absent from UN summit on hunger
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit G8 mostly skips UN hunger summit
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit China proposes four-point action plan to eradicate world hunger
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit World leaders, officials meet on fight against hunger
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit Two efforts seek to increase food security in Africa
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit Number of Canadians applying for food aid soars
          World leaders' low turnout hits UN food summit Think about the hungry before wasting food

          The no-show by heayweights from most of the world's biggest economies lowered the summit's profile, and did not help efforts to push malnutrition and food shortages to the top of the political agenda.

          "It's a big disappointment that the leaders from the biggest and richest countries did not come," said Gawain Kripke of aid agency Oxfam.

          "Without them it's hard to imagine how the world will attack these challenges of hunger and increasing agricultural productivity," he said, adding that the summit had thrown only "crumbs" to those who do not have enough food to eat.

          Less than a third of the 192 heads of states and governments invited by the FAO showed up, with many countries sending their agriculture ministers instead.

          Italy's Silvio Berlusconi was the only G8 head of government at the summit -- as the leader of the host country he all but had to attend, and by doing so he won a delay in a corruption trial against him which had been due to restart on Monday.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久这里只精品热免费99| 国产一区二区三区内射高清| 国产免费视频一区二区| 东京热大乱系列无码| 岛国av免费在线播放| 国产精品二区中文字幕| 国产精品一区二区在线| 亚洲av成人精品免费看| 99久久久国产精品免费无卡顿| 国产黄色带三级在线观看| 偷窥盗摄国产在线视频| 精品国产乱码久久久久APP下载| 午夜福利国产精品视频| 国产人妻无码一区二区三区免费| 日韩人妻精品中文字幕| 乌克兰少妇bbw| 性欧美VIDEOFREE高清大喷水| 青青青在线视频国产| 精品国产精品中文字幕| 久久国产精品久久国产精品| 综合人妻久久一区二区精品| 亚洲av永久无码天堂影院| 久色伊人激情文学你懂的| 日本伊人色综合网| L日韩欧美看国产日韩欧美| 无码伊人久久大杳蕉中文无码| 国产资源精品中文字幕| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| 国内揄拍国内精品人妻 | 精品无码av无码专区| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 一本一本久久a久久精品综合| 四虎国产精品永久在线| 免费看成人毛片无码视频 | 亚洲综合av男人的天堂| 精品久久久久无码| 无码h片在线观看网站| 国产av最新一区二区| 巨熟乳波霸若妻在线播放| 日韩av综合中文字幕| 国产成人国产在线观看|