<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Asia-Pacific
          NATO seizes bomb-making materials in Afghanistan
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-11-11 09:07

          KABUL: International troops and Afghan police seized 250 tons of ammonium nitrate fertilizer — enough to make up to a couple hundred roadside bombs, the Taliban's most lethal weapon in what has been the deadliest year of the war, NATO announced Tuesday.

          NATO seizes bomb-making materials in Afghanistan
          The shadow of US Army Lieutenant Matthew Asmus of A-BTRY 2/377 PFAR Task Force Steel playing golf is cast at FOB Tillman, Afghanistan, November 10, 2009. [Agencies] 
          Separately, video footage emerged of insurgents brandishing what appears to be limited stocks of US ammunition in a remote area of eastern Afghanistan where eight Americans died in a battle last month.

          Sunday's raids in the southern city of Kandahar appeared to net one of the largest hauls of the war. NATO officials hoped the fertilizer seizure would hurt Taliban militants, whose homemade bombs have become the biggest killer of US and allied troops.

          Acting on a tip, international forces and Afghan police discovered 1,000 100-pound bags of ammonium nitrate fertilizer and 5,000 parts for roadside bombs in a warehouse, the military said. After the initial find Sunday, an additional 4,000 100-bags of fertilizer were found in a nearby compound. The joint forces also made 15 arrests.

          The seizure included enough fertilizer to make dozens to a couple of hundred roadside bombs, said John Pike, director of the military think tank Globalsecurity.org.

          Related readings:
          NATO seizes bomb-making materials in Afghanistan Sources: Obama near decision on Afghanistan troops
          NATO seizes bomb-making materials in Afghanistan UN not evacuating from Afghanistan: Ban
          NATO seizes bomb-making materials in Afghanistan Two NATO soldiers missing in Afghanistan
          NATO seizes bomb-making materials in Afghanistan Obama calls Karzai, urges 'new chapter' in Afghanistan

          Afghanistan is not the only country in which fertilizer is used to make bombs. In 1995, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols detonated a truck packed with 4,800 pounds of ammonium nitrate and fuel oil to destroy the Oklahoma City federal building, killing 168 people.

          Fertilizer is easily available in agricultural areas of southern Afghanistan, and the Taliban have been successful manufacturing homemade bombs from this and other materials.

          In a country awash in weapons after 30 years of war, the Taliban also appear to have little trouble obtaining rifles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other ordnance, some of which may be bought on Asian black markets.

          There is not much evidence to suggest that the Taliban rely on weapons captured or stolen from NATO forces or that they even need to shore up their own stockpiles, Pike said.

          "I don't think they have a shortage of Kalashnikovs," he said. "I think it's probably more often a case of it leaking out of the Afghan army. I think the Afghan National Army has a high AWOL rate and everything's for sale in Afghanistan."

          The footage of insurgents handling weapons, including anti-personnel mines with US markings on them, was broadcast Tuesday on Al-Jazeera.

          Insurgents could employ the ammunition against US and Afghan forces, though the amount shown was not extensive. Still, Taliban propagandists will no doubt use the footage to encourage their supporters.

          The insurgents claimed the weapons were from remote outposts in Nuristan province that were abandoned after the battle that killed eight Americans, according to Al-Jazeera.

          Tech. Sgt. Angela Eggman, a NATO spokeswoman, said it wasn't clear from the video where or when insurgents obtained the items. US forces closed outposts in the mountainous Kamdesh district of Nuristan province in early October.

          "Before departing the base, the units removed all sensitive items and accounted for them," she said.

          Nuristan's provincial police chief Gen. Mohammad Qassim Jangulbagh disagreed, saying, "The Americans left ammunition at the base."

          The US destroyed most of the ammunition, but some of it fell into the hands of insurgents, Jangulbagh said.

          Farooq Khan, a spokesman for the Afghan National Police in Nuristan province, also said US forces left arms and ammunition when they moved from the area, which he said is now in insurgent hands.

          The Pentagon said the outposts in Nuristan were on a list of far-flung bases that US war commanders had decided were not worth keeping. That decision, the Pentagon said, was on the books before the assault — part of plans by top US commander in Afghanistan Gen. Stanley McChrystal to shut down such isolated strongholds and focus on more heavily populated areas.

          Meanwhile, NATO said a US service member was killed Tuesday by a roadside bomb in Helmand province. The military provided no other details.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品麻豆一二三区| 国产中文三级全黄| 91精品国产午夜福利| 综合色在线| 香港日本三级亚洲三级| 自拍自产精品免费在线| 最新国产精品好看的精品| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 色综合激情丁香七月色综合| 色欲狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕 | 中文字幕无码av不卡一区| 亚洲成人午夜排名成人午夜| 福利在线视频一区二区| 精品av国产一区二区三区| 日韩美女视频一区二区三区 | 成全影视大全在线观看| 国产欧美一区二区日本加勒比| 国产亚洲精品国产福利在线观看| 中文字幕无码白丝袜| 护士张开腿被奷日出白浆| 亚洲欧洲中文日韩AV乱码| 一区二区三区四区五区色| 久久久久99精品成人片欧美 | 大伊香蕉精品一区二区| 亚洲男人天堂2021| 粉嫩一区二区三区国产精品| 给我播放片在线观看| 国产精品国产亚洲看不卡| 亚洲国产成人av在线观看| 精品少妇后入一区二区三区 | 无码AV无码免费一区二区| 亚洲成人精品一区免费| 亚洲综合国产伊人五月婷| 久久亚洲中文字幕伊人久久大 | av在线播放观看免费| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 天天澡夜夜澡狠狠久久| 中文字幕在线国产精品| 国产理论片在线观看| 亚洲春色在线视频| 亚洲中文字幕无码av|