<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Asia-Pacific
          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-10-24 19:28

          KABUL: Taliban fighters warned Afghans not to take part in the war-wracked country's upcoming presidential runoff, threatening Saturday to launch a fresh wave of violence on polling day to stop them.

          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll
          An elderly Afghan man holds his head as he sits under a giant portrait of Abdullah Abdullah, former Afghan foreign minister who ran against President Hamid Karzai in last August's vote, at a market in Kabul, Afghanistan, Friday, Oct. 23, 2009. [Agencies] 
          The warnings came on the first official day of campaigning for the Nov. 7 vote. The militant group denounced the race between President Hamid Karzai and challenger Abdullah Abdullah as "a failed, American process" and said its fighters would "launch operations against the enemy and stop people from taking part."

          The statement said Taliban militants will also cut off key roads and highways, and warned that anyone who casts a ballot "will bear responsibility for their actions."

          Taliban fighters killed dozens of civilians during the first round on Aug. 20, barraging several southern cities with rocket-fire and cutting off the ink-stained fingers of at least two people who cast ballots in the militant south.

          Security fears are just one of the challenges election officials face as they scramble to organize a new election amid a swelling Taliban insurgency before the advent of winter, which begin around much of the country around the middle of November, isolating remote villages and cutting off roads with snow.

           Full Coverage:
          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll Afghan Presidential Election

          Related readings:
          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll Runner-up accepts run-off in Afghan election
          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll Afghan election commission orders runoff
          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll Runner-up in Afghan election seeks interim gov't
          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll Afghan voters all but certain to go back to polls

          Taliban call for Afghans to boycott runoff poll UN-backed panel confirms massive Afghan fraud

          As campaigning began Saturday, several senior Abdullah campaign officials accused the top three members of Afghanistan's Independent Election Commission of bias, saying they should be replaced to ensure the country's upcoming runoff is fair.

          A spokesman for the commission, Noor Mohammad Noor, denied the allegations and said it was "impossible" to replace them.

          Under intense US pressure, Karzai acknowledged last week that he fell short of the 50 percent threshold needed for victory in the August ballot after UN-backed auditors threw out nearly a third of his votes because of massive fraud.

          The Afghan Independent Election Commission, dominated by Karzai supporters, is under huge pressure to avoid a repeat of the cheating, which discredited the government and threatened to undermine public support for the war in the United States, which provides the bulk of the 100,000 NATO-led force.

          Abdullah officials singled out election commission chairman Azizullah Lodin, chief electoral officer Daoud Ali Najafi, and the commission's deputy director, Zekria Barakzai. Abdullah's running mate, Houmayoun Asafi, said the three were "openly working for Mr. Karzai."

          "If they are again in charge for the second round, the same thing will happen," Asafi said, referring to the widespread fraud. "If the second round is also controversial, then the result will not be good."

          Noor said the officials had been appointed by constitutional procedures and cannot be replaced.

          "It is impossible. Everything has been set up already according to the constitution, according to electoral law, and they will continue their work," Noor told The Associated Press. "Karzai doesn't have the right to replace them, and neither does Abdullah."

          The Obama administration is counting on a fair runoff to ensure the next government is legitimate. An outcome short of that is likely to raise further doubts about the wisdom of investing more US troops and other resources in a counterinsurgency campaign in Afghanistan. A key pillar of that campaign is an Afghan government that is a credible partner of the US and NATO.

          Abdullah's campaign spokesman, Fazel Sancharaki, said the three officials "should be replaced by people who are acceptable to both sides."

          He suggested Abdullah could boycott the vote if the officials were not replaced, but other officials in Abdullah's campaign would not confirm the comment. The officials said the bias complaints had not been formally communicated to the election commission, but would be.

          Sancharaki gave little evidence of alleged bias, saying only that the official tally the Independent Election Commission gave to Karzai — still below the 50 percent threshold — was slightly higher than the figures the UN-backed investigation indicated.

          In an effort to tamp down cheating, Afghan authorities have said they will cut about 7,000 of the 24,000 polling stations that they set up for the August ballot. Some of those stations were in areas too dangerous to protect. Others never opened, enabling corrupt officials to stuff the ballot boxes with impunity.

          Before the election commission announced final results last week, Lodin met repeatedly with Karzai. At the time, his group was challenging the findings of the auditors on the UN-backed Electoral Complaints Commission, a separate body. Lodin told The Associated Press that he saw nothing improper in those meetings and insisted he was not pressured to reject the auditors' findings. Lodin told reporters that despite control measures, however, there was no way his commission could guarantee a fair vote on its own.

             Previous page 1 2 3 Next Page  

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人精品一区二区不卡| 亚洲码国产精品高潮在线| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 亚洲AV永久无码天堂网一线 | 日韩午夜一区二区福利视频| AV无码免费不卡在线观看| 中文日韩在线一区二区| 亚洲欧美人成电影在线观看| 国产大屁股视频免费区| 日韩精品一区二区av在线| 成在线人视频免费视频| 国产午夜一区二区在线观看| 久久99热精品这里久久精品| 国产熟女精品一区二区三区| 国产999精品2卡3卡4卡| 国产91麻豆免费观看| 无码av中文字幕久久专区| 中日韩精品视频一区二区三区| 亚洲熟妇在线视频观看| 国产三级精品三级在线看| 欧美日韩午夜| 9色国产深夜内射| 欧美专区日韩视频人妻| 国产第一页浮力影院入口| 免费国产午夜高清在线视频| 久久国产一区二区日韩av| 国产精品综合av一区二区国产馆 | 亚洲成人一区二区av| 国产乱妇乱子视频在播放| 欧美视频二区欧美影视| 国产精品人人爽人人做我的可爱| 日本大胆欧美人术艺术动态| 唐人社视频呦一区二区| 亚洲AV永久久久久久久浪潮| 99久久婷婷国产综合精品青草漫画 | 韩国免费a级毛片久久| 亚洲黄色成人在线观看| 国产成人综合亚洲第一区| 日韩一卡2卡3卡4卡新区亚洲| 国产精品一区二区日韩精品| 精品人妻伦一二三区久久aaa片|