<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-07-31 09:32

          BAGHDAD: July is on track to be the least deadly month for American troops and one of the quietest for Iraqis since the war started, a decline in violence that has led the US to consider stepping up its withdrawal plans just a month after pulling its combat forces back from Baghdad and other cities.

          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq

          In this image provided by the People's Mujahedeen Organization of Iran and taken on Tuesday July 28, 2009, Iraqi security forces clash with protesters at the Iranian opposition group's camp northeast of Baghdad. [Agencies]US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq

          The optimism was tempered by two bombings that killed 12 civilians to the north and west of Baghdad on Thursday. While such attacks have become a daily fact of life for Iraqis, overall violence levels remain low.

          At least 274 Iraqis have been killed in attacks so far in July, according to an Associated Press count. Only two months -- both this year -- have seen fewer Iraqis killed since the AP began tracking war-related fatalities in May 2005. There were 242 deaths in January and 225 deaths in May.

          Related readings:
          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq Bombs kill 12 in north and west Iraq
          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq Gates: Some troops may be leaving Iraq early
          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq Gates announces temporary increase in US Army
          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq US to cut Iraq troop force by 12,000
          US hopeful about exit after a quiet July in Iraq Gates: More US troops could head to Afghanistan

          Only seven US troop deaths have been recorded this month, the lowest monthly total since the war started in March 2003, according to an AP tally. In all, at least 4,329 members of the US military have died in the Iraq war.

          By contrast, July was the bloodiest month for US forces in the eight-year Afghan war, with at least 41 dead.

          The encouraging numbers from Iraq came a month after the Americans turned over responsibility for protecting cities to government forces and withdrew to bases outside urban areas.

          A spike in bombings and other attacks that killed about 300 people in the 10 days leading up to the June 30 city withdrawal deadline sparked concern that the move would jeopardize security gains. But that level of violence did not continue into July.

          Jim Dobbins, director of national security research at RAND Corp., said the relatively smooth transition was one reason for Wednesday's remarks by Defense Secretary Robert Gates that the US may speed up its withdrawal plans if the trend toward reduced violence continues.

          "I think the fact that they were able to (take over the cities) so relatively successfully and the fact that they've continued to try to expand their own autonomy and limit the US role, particularly the visible US role, was a factor," he said. "It demonstrates a sense of self-confidence that the US wants to encourage."

          A US Army adviser to the Iraqi military command in Baghdad, Col. Timothy R. Reese, argued in an internal memo that the US should "declare victory and go home" next year, 16 months ahead of schedule.

          Reese wrote that the years-long American effort to train, equip and advise Iraqi security forces has reached a point of rapidly diminishing returns, and that Iraqi forces already are good enough to defend the government against the weakened terrorist and insurgent forces that remain.

             Previous page 1 2 Next Page  

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码精品一区二区免费AV| 国产日产欧洲无码视频无遮挡 | 精品乱子伦一区二区三区| 午夜福利高清在线观看| 久久久一本精品99久久精品88| 国产福利片无码区在线观看| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠| 神马影院伦理我不卡| 色偷偷www.8888在线观看| 中文字幕一区二区三区乱码不卡| 国产av丝袜熟女一二三| 久久国产精品夜色| 黄页网址大全免费观看| 人妻中出无码中字在线| 国产亚洲精品视频中文字幕| 久久精品国产蜜臀av| 四房播色| 一区天堂中文最新版在线| 人妻伦理在线一二三区| 久热这里有精品视频播放| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 亚洲第一福利网站在线观看| 亚洲AV无码AV在线影院| 国产一区二区三区视频| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 天堂va蜜桃一区二区三区| 国产乱啊有帅gv小太正| 国产成人女人毛片视频在线| 成人又黄又爽又色的视频| 少妇人妻av无码专区| 亚洲中文字幕一区精品自| 一本色道久久加勒比综合 | 男人的天堂av一二三区| 日本一区二区国产在线| 91密桃精品国产91久久| 国内精品久久久久影院蜜芽| 日韩不卡免费视频| 秋霞鲁丝片成人无码| 久久精品人成免费| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99| 久久国产亚洲一区二区三区|