<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-07-18 09:24

          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse

          In this Oct. 6, 2007 file photo, Iraqi prisoners sit on beds in the main department of the national police prison, in Baghdad, Iraq.  [Agencies]

          "At dawn one day in November 2007, I was sleeping in my room with my wife when the Iraqi police broke in, handcuffed me and took me blindfolded to their headquarters," al-Rikabi told The Associated Press. "As soon as they reached the place, they began beating me severely with thick clubs and batons, hitting every part of my body, especially my legs and back. They kept on doing that for three days."

          He said he was ultimately transferred to another prison in Diwaniyah, 80 miles south of Baghdad, and was released the following October. "No one told me why I was arrested or why I was released," he said.

          An eight-member panel that al-Maliki set up after al-Obeidi's assassination to look into abuse is expected to complete its investigation in a month of two.

          A military spokesman, Maj. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, said the panel has visited three detention centers in Baghdad and will inspect others. He said most of the abuse uncovered so far took place in Rusafa prison in eastern Baghdad.

          At a human rights symposium this month, al-Maliki said allegations would be investigated. The prime minister said detainees should have rights but that no one should ignore the victims of crime — "orphans and the widows who lost their husbands because of terrorism."

          "If every imprisoned person is innocent ... then who has destroyed the country? Who killed people?" he asked.

          Related readings:
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse US ambassador to Iraq unhurt by convoy bomb
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse Worst violence since US pullback hits Iraq
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse Bombings kill at least 41 in Iraq
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse Analysis: US role in Iraq doesn't end just yet
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse Iraq regains control of cities as US pulls back
          Iraq government faces claims of prisoner abuse Iraq: Emerging state or a state of emergency?

          Al-Maliki's prison investigation follows a limited Interior Ministry probe of 112 complaints of abuse. Of those, the ministry found 23 cases of human rights abuses and 20 cases where inmates were incarcerated without warrants. Interior Minister Jawad al-Bolani said 43 police officers face charges.

          A 2008 report by the Human Rights Ministry identified 307 cases of alleged torture and ill-treatment among 26,249 detainees in Iraqi custody at the end of last year. The Iraqi prison population has risen to nearly 30,000 since then and is slated to grow as the US either releases or transfers its remaining 10,429 detainees.

          The ministry report stated that most of mistreatment occurs when the detainee is first arrested and taken to facilities run by combat soldiers and not trained prison guards.

          "It's an uncomfortable place to be in an (Iraqi) Ministry of Defense facility," said David King, a British adviser to Iraq's Ministry of Defense. "They are very overcrowded and they are very poorly equipped."

          King said, however, that the Iraqi government was interested in improving the system and supplying clean bedding and clothing and allowing relatives to visit detainees.

          That's little consolation to Iraqis who say they have been abused.

          Mohammed al-Obeidi, 28, a Sunni, told the AP that he was selling mobile phones in a rented shop in Amiriyah, 25 miles west of Baghdad, when Iraqi soldiers arrived in Humvees and apprehended him and six others in 2006. He said they were taken to a prison in northern Baghdad where he was blindfolded and handcuffed during interrogation.

          "The investigation officer used to tell me to confess that I was a terrorist and was planting roadside bombs," said al-Obeidi, who was never charged and was released for lack of evidence. "They used insults and sectarian slander. They normally tied me to a hook on the ceiling to keep me hanging, and then they were beating me with electric sticks. In one of these investigation sessions, my left shoulder was dislocated."

          Politicians loyal to Muqtada al-Sadr, a firebrand anti-American Shiite cleric, also are pressuring the government on the issue. Al-Sadr's followers were rounded up in droves last year as part of a government crackdown against militia fighters.

          Sadrist lawmaker Falah Hassan Shanshal said he visited a month ago with detainees facing the death sentence.

          "One of them was 22 years old. He was crying and asked to talk to me in private," Shanshal said. "He told me that officers raped him and abused him sexually and then forced him to confess things he did not commit."

          "These officers were committing the same violation conducted during the former regime," he said.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 337p粉嫩大胆色噜噜噜| 337p粉嫩大胆色噜噜噜| 国产最新进精品视频| 国产一区二区三区黄色片| 国产精品亚洲五月天高清| 亚洲精品中文综合第一页| 国产毛片子一区二区三区| 久操资源站| 亚洲欧美综合精品成| 成人国产精品一区二区网站公司| 国产精品亚洲色婷婷99久久精品| 久久99精品久久水蜜桃| 免费看国产成年无码av| 久久精品久久电影免费理论片| 色综合久久久久久久久久| 91精品蜜臀国产综合久久| 激情综合网五月婷婷| 男人扒开添女人下部免费视频 | 亚洲色精品VR一区二区三区| 国内揄拍国内精品人妻久久| 成人福利国产午夜AV免费不卡在线| 国产精品男女爽免费视频| 精品偷拍被偷拍在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区18禁| 十九岁的日本电影免费观看| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区| 国产精品女在线观看| 毛片久久网站小视频| 手机看片AV永久免费| 91精品国产免费久久久久久 | 精品国产亚洲一区二区三区| 国产精品国产三级国产试看| 国产av一区二区麻豆熟女| 国产在线乱子伦一区二区| 天堂资源在线| 偷窥盗摄国产在线视频| 久久久精品2019中文字幕之3| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 女人腿张开让男人桶爽| 国产永久免费高清在线观看| 亚洲熟女乱色综合一区|