<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Europe
          UK's anti-terror officer resigns after blunder
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-04-09 21:41

          LONDON -- Britain's top counterterrorism officer resigned from London's Metropolitan Police on Thursday, one day after a security blunder forced police to move up a major operation in northern England.

          UK's anti-terror officer resigns after blunder
          Armed anti-terrorist police apprehend a suspect outside the library of John Moores University in Liverpool England, Wednesday April 8, 2009, during a series of terror raids in Britain's northwest. [Agencies]

          Assistant Commissioner Bob Quick, who was the senior police counterterrorism officer in Britain was photographed Wednesday clutching confidential documents that could clearly be seen as he arrived for a meeting with Prime Minister Gordon Brown at 10 Downing St. The documents showed details of the planned anti-terror operation in northern England.

          In anti-terror raids later on Wednesday, police arrested a dozen men.

          Police said they were not aware of any instances in which the image of Quick holding the documents was made public before the raids were carried out Wednesday evening. After the raids took place, television news reports showed images of Quick holding them. Thursday morning newspapers also carried the photos, with at least one major daily showing a close-up image of the documents in which details of the operation were legible.

          "I have today offered my resignation in the knowledge that my action could have compromised a major counterterrorism operation," Quick said in a statement released by the department.

          "I deeply regret the disruption caused to colleagues undertaking the operation and remain grateful for the way in which they adapted quickly and professionally to a revised time scale."

          Commissioner Paul Stephenson, who heads the Metropolitan Police, said Quick "accepted that he made a serious error and that has led to his resignation this morning."

          Assistant Commissioner John Yates is replacing Quick as head of counterterrorism, Police Commissioner Paul Stephenson said.

          Yates has been involved in several prominent cases, including an investigation into whether honors such as knighthoods and seats in Britain's House of Lords were being given in exchange for Labour Party donations. At the end of the investigation in 2007, which included questioning Tony Blair who was prime minister at the time, prosecutors did not charge anyone.

          Opposition lawmaker Chris Grayling said Quick did the right thing by resigning.

          "It is unacceptable for Britain's most senior anti-terrorist officer to have had such an extraordinary lapse in judgment. To put the security of his police officers and the operation at risk has rendered his position untenable," Grayling said.

          Quick previously was criticized for his role in the decision to arrest opposition lawmaker Damian Green last year during an inquiry into alleged leaks of sensitive information from the Home Office. Conservative lawmakers were upset about the arrest of Green, who was never charged, and the search of his office in Parliament.

          Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, whose department is in charge of policing, said Quick felt his position was untenable after his mistake on Wednesday, although she said the anti-terror sweep was successful.

          Hundreds of officers across northwest England were involved in the anti-terror raids Wednesday evening.

          Greater Manchester Police said the suspects were detained under anti-terrorism laws at addresses in the cities of Manchester and Liverpool and the surrounding area, about 200 miles (300 kilometers) northwest of London.

          Police did not provide details about why they conducted the raids except to say they "acted on intelligence received." They said the suspects ranged in age from a youth in his mid-teens to a 41-year-old man.

          The British government currently assesses the country's terror threat level as "severe," the second-highest of five possible ratings.

          It has been at that level or higher since four suicide bombers killed 52 commuters on London's bus and subway system on July 7, 2005.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九热免费公开视频在线| 国产精品久久久久AV福利动漫| 影音先锋2020色资源网| 久久青草国产精品一区| 120秒试看无码体验区| 日韩一区二区超清视频| 91性视频| 看免费的无码区特aa毛片| 国产精品福利一区二区三区| 精品国产中文字幕在线| 亚洲国产高清精品线久久| 亚洲精品一区国产精品| 日本一区二区中文字幕在线| 国产乱码一区二区三区免费| 国色天香中文字幕在线视频| 国产精品熟女一区二区三区| 亚洲小说乱欧美另类| 办公室强奷漂亮少妇视频| 中年国产丰满熟女乱子正在播放 | 少妇又紧又色又爽又刺激视频| 在线观看美女网站大全免费| 中文字幕在线观看亚洲日韩| 日韩亚洲欧美中文高清在线| 2019国产精品青青草原| 极品少妇小泬50pthepon| 一本av高清一区二区三区| 一区二区免费视频中文乱码| 亚洲精品香蕉一区二区| 亚洲女同一区二区三久久精品 | 永久免费无码国产| 麻豆精品久久久久久久99蜜桃| 亚洲成人av一区二区| 国产永久免费高清在线| 在线视频观看| 国产又猛又爽又黄视频| 熟妇人妻无乱码中文字幕真矢织江| 国产无遮挡无码视频在线观看| 一区二区三区四区五区自拍| 精品国产精品中文字幕| 免费观看在线A级毛片| 欧美精品1区2区|