<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          WORLD> Middle East
          US envoy in Iraq warns against hasty withdrawal
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2009-01-23 10:58

          BAGHDAD – A hasty departure of US troops from Iraq would carry severe risks, including bolstering al-Qaida and threatening Iraqi progress toward a functioning society, the outgoing US ambassador said Thursday.

          An Iraqi security guard is seen near boxes of ballots to be used in the upcoming provincial elections at Baghdad airport, Baghdad, Iraq, Thursday, Jan. 22, 2009. The provincial elections are scheduled to take place on January 31. [Agencies]

          Ambassador Ryan Crocker spoke to reporters a day after he and the top US commander in Iraq briefed US President Barack Obama on the situation here.

          Related readings:
          Obama asks Pentagon for responsible Iraq drawdown
          Iraq willing for quicker pullout
          Iraq tactics don't work in Afghan war
          US troops under Iraq authority

          Obama, who campaigned on a promise to end the war, asked the Pentagon to do whatever additional planning was necessary to "execute a responsible military drawdown from Iraq," the White House said Wednesday.

          Crocker, who is retiring after a 30-year diplomatic career, declined to say what he and Gen. Ray Odierno told the president during the video hookup. But he noted that the president was committed to a responsible pullout of the more than 140,000-strong US force.

          "A precipitous withdrawal runs some very severe risks," Crocker said, including a possible revival of al-Qaida and encouraging "neighbors with less than benign intentions" to influence events in Iraq.

          He said al-Qaida had been "much weakened" due to setbacks on the battlefield and a loss of support within the Sunni Arab community.

          "But as long as they can cling to some handhold here, they are going to keep trying to literally fight their way back," Crocker said.

          "And perhaps most important it would have a chilling effect on Iraqis," he said of a quick US departure. "I think the spirit of compromise, of accommodation, of focus on institutional development, all of that would run the risk of getting set aside."

          Iraqi officials have said they hope the new administration will stick by the timeline set down in the US-Iraq security agreement that took effect this month. The deal provides for US combat troops to leave the cities by the end of June, with all US troops gone from the country by 2012.

          "We are prepared for the worst possibilities," Defense Minister Abdul-Qader al-Obeidi told reporters Thursday. "We cannot leave our country whether these forces withdraw or not. We have plans for the worst possibilities and we mean it."

          The chairman of the parliamentary defense committee, Abbas al-Bayati, said Wednesday that Iraq has drawn up contingency plans in case Obama orders a speeded-up withdrawal.

          Obama called during the campaign for a pullout of all US combat troops from within 16 months of taking office.

          Although Crocker spoke of the risks of a "precipitous withdrawal," he said that "it's clear that's not the direction in which this is trending."

          A Sunni insurgent group, the Mujahedeen Army, said Obama's plans don't seem much different from those of former President George W. Bush and urged him to remove all US troops, according to the Washington-based SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors terrorism messages.

          In a statement posted on Islamic extremist websites, the group said if Obama wants to resolve problems left by Bush, "take your soldiers, all your soldiers, and (those) who came with them as agents, and fully withdraw them."

          Crocker said security and political progress in Iraq "has been significant" but "we can't underestimate the challenges and the time it will take to work through those."

          US officials are closely watching a series of elections this year as an indicator whether Iraq has turned the corner and is on the way to lasting stability.

          Voters in most of the country will choose ruling provincial councils Jan. 31, with parliamentary balloting expected by the end of the year.

          Provincial balloting will not be held in the three Kurdish self-ruled provinces until the regional legislature approves an election law. Voting was postponed indefinitely in the province around Kirkuk because the area's ethnic groups could not agree on a power-sharing formula.

          "The conduct and outcome of those elections will be very important for the country, in particular that they be and be perceived as free and fair -- in at least a general sense," Crocker said. "They aren't going to be perfect elections. We all know that. But it is important that they be credible elections."

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产韩国一区二区| 国精品午夜福利视频不卡| 少妇高潮喷水惨叫久久久久电影 | 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 小嫩模无套内谢第一次| 国产白丝网站精品污在线入口| 日韩中文字幕v亚洲中文字幕| 国99久9在线 | 免费| 亚洲青青草视频在线播放| 国产精品高清中文字幕| 日本熟妇XXXX潮喷视频| 在线免费观看| 成年午夜免费韩国做受视频| 日本欧美一区二区免费视频| 国产二级一片内射视频插放| 成人免费视频一区二区三区| 夜鲁鲁鲁夜夜综合视频| 国产一区二区三区在线观看免费| 国产av一区二区三区久久| 国产成人麻豆亚洲综合无码精品| 91毛片网| 国产精品亚洲二区在线看| 中文字幕自拍偷拍福利视频| 中文字幕日韩一区二区不卡| 精品国产高清中文字幕| ww污污污网站在线看com| 国产suv精品一区二区四| 无码熟妇人妻av在线电影| 人妻久久久一区二区三区| 熟妇人妻无码中文字幕老熟妇| 久热免费观看视频在线| 欧美成人精品三级在线观看| 东京热加勒比无码少妇| 国产第一区二区三区精品| 色噜噜av男人的天堂| 18禁一区二区每日更新| 亚洲各类熟女们中文字幕| 亚洲综合伊人五月天中文| 国产精品久久无码不卡黑寡妇| 久久综合色一综合色88欧美| 亚洲另类激情专区小说婷婷久|