<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          5 US soldiers killed in Iraq

          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2007-05-19 21:51

          The American military widened the search for three missing US soldiers, detaining nine people in a raid Saturday about 25 miles northwest of where the Americans were captured last weekend.


          The American military widened the search for three missing US soldiers, detaining nine people in a raid Saturday about 25 miles northwest of where the Americans were captured last weekend. [Agencies]

          The US command said Saturday five more American soldiers were killed. One died Saturday from a roadside bomb south of Baghdad. Four died Friday, one in the western province of Anbar, one by small arms fire south of the capital and two by a roadside bomb and small arms fire in northwestern Baghdad, the military said.

          At least three mortar shells or rockets slammed into the Green Zone after British Prime Minister Tony Blair arrived for talks with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and other Iraqi leaders, injuring one person. It was not clear how far Blair was from the blasts.

          A US military statement said the nine detainees were taken into custody in the town of Amiriyah, a Sunni insurgent area, following "tips and information leads in the disappearance of three US soldiers" from the Army's 10th Mountain Division.

          Tribes in the Amiriyah area are related to those who live close to where the soldiers were seized May 12 in an attack in which four US troops and one Iraqi were killed.

          In addition, US troops arrested two people in Baqouba "associated" with the al-Qaida command network, the military said. Baqouba is 35 miles northeast of Baghdad, and it was unclear whether their arrest was directly related to the search for the missing soldiers.

          An al-Qaida-linked group has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping after the attack in which four American soldiers and an Iraqi were killed.

          The focus of the search is around the village of Quarghuli, 12 miles south of Baghdad, where the soldiers were captured following an attack on their observation post.

          During the Green Zone barrage, one round hit the British Embassy compound, according to security officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not supposed to release the information. It was not known whether Blair was in the compound when shell exploded.

          A fourth projectile exploded just outside the Green Zone, US Embassy spokesman Lou Fintor said. Fintor gave no further details and did not mention Blair's presence.

          Blair's official spokesman downplayed the incident, saying there was "nothing to suggest anything other than business as usual."

          Mortar and rocket attacks against the Green Zone have increased in recent weeks, raising alarm among US officials who live and work in what had been considered the only secure haven in the turbulent Iraqi capital.

          The US ordered embassy employees to wear protective vests and helmets after four Asian contractors working for the US government were killed May 3 when rockets or mortars slammed into the Green Zone, a 3.5 square-mile-area along the Tigris River in the center of the city.

          This month, reporters covering the visit of Vice President Dick Cheney were hustled into a secure area when a large explosion rattled windows in the US Embassy. Cheney spokeswoman Lea Anne McBride said the vice president's meeting "was not disturbed and he was not moved."

          In March, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon ducked for cover when a shell exploded about 50 yards away during a joint news conference with al-Maliki.

          On Saturday, the office of parliament speaker Mahmoud al-Mashhadani confirmed that Sunni official's brother, Mohammed al-Mashhadani, was kidnapped two days before in western Baghdad. A Sunni political party Web site said only that Mohammed al-Mashhadani was grabbed by unknown gunmen near a Sunni mosque in the capital's Jamaa district.

          Iraqi military officials also said the commander of Iraqi troops in Diyala province, scene of recent sharp fighting, had been replaced after allegations that he was biased against Sunnis.

          Maj. Gen. Shaker Hulayel, commander of the Iraqi 5th Division, was replaced by Brig. Gen. Abdul-Hussein al-Timimi, according to another Iraqi general, Saman Assi Talabani.

          "I think it is a good decision and the replacement should have taken place months ago," Talabani said, citing "a lot of mistakes" that had "made the security situation worse and out of control."

          Elsewhere, Shiite militiamen from the Mahdi Army traded gunfire Saturday with Iraqi soldiers in southwestern Baghdad's Baiyaa district, killing one of the soldiers, police said.

          Sectarian tensions have been rising in the area in recent weeks after a brief lull following the Feb. 14 launch of the Baghdad security crackdown.

          In Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit, 80 miles north of Baghdad, police received the bodies of seven men killed in clashes the night before in Samarra. It was unclear whether they were combatants or civilians caught up in the violence which has been increasing in the mostly Sunni city north of Baghdad.



          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 92国产精品午夜福利免费| 久久精品国产99久久六动漫| 午夜精品无人区乱码1区2区| 久久精品熟妇丰满人妻久久| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人网| 老熟女重囗味hdxx69| 同性男男黄gay片免费| 色琪琪丁香婷婷综合久久| 女人张开腿无遮无挡视频| 俺也去俺也去电影网| 中文亚洲爆乳av无码专区| 日韩熟女精品一区二区三区| 久久国产综合色免费观看| 中文字幕结果国产精品| 亚洲男人天堂2018| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 加勒比在线中文字幕一区二区| 国产成人精品无码一区二区老年人| 日韩中文字幕V亚洲中文字幕| 色婷婷久久| 精品国产中文字幕av| 天堂网亚洲综合在线| 国产日韩综合av在线| 国产精品资源在线观看网站| 国产一区二区三区综合视频| 在线精品亚洲一区二区绿巨人| 国产一区二区av天堂热| 西西444www高清大胆| 丁香婷婷综合激情五月色| 国产一区二区视频啪啪视频 | 国产AV影片麻豆精品传媒| 欧美国产综合视频| 国产不卡一区不卡二区| 国产精品国产三级国产av品爱网 | 又色又爽又黄的视频国产| 亚洲av日韩av永久无码电影| 亚洲 av 制服| 美女黄18以下禁止观看| 饥渴老熟妇乱子伦视频| 亚洲av男人电影天堂热app| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页|