<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          Bush unveils $716.5b defense budget

          (AFP)
          Updated: 2007-02-06 08:37


          US President George W. Bush holds a copy of his latest 2008 budget during a cabinet meeting at the White House in Washington, February 5, 2007. Alongside Bush are Secretary of the Interior Dirk Kempthorne (L) and Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson. [Reuters]

          Washington - US President George W. Bush presented the Congress with a mammoth $716.5 billion budget request to fund large US military, including its missions in war-torn Iraq and Afghanistan.

          Bush's defense budget, unveiled as part of a larger government budget plan for fiscal 2008, also seeks to acquire more troops, warships and aircraft for a major expansion of the US military.

          Special coverage:
          Saddam Hanged

          Related readings:
          Rep. block Senate debate on Iraq
          Video said to show US copter shot down

          Bush budget centers on military, Iraq
          Gates: US not planning Iran war
          Casey: Only half of troop boost needed

          The defense budget request came in three pieces -- $481.4 billion for the Pentagon's 2008 base budget; $141.7 billion for the "global war on terrorism" in 2008; and $93.4 billion to cover additional war costs in the current fiscal year to September 30.

          "The sums involved in the defense budget requests are staggering," said Representative Ike Skelton, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

          "We cannot provide an adequate national defense on the cheap, but neither can we afford to simply ratify the president's request without performing the due diligence and oversight our constitution requires," he said.

          The huge spending package comes amid spiking demands for US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, which military leaders have warned are putting at risk the Pentagon's ability to meet challenges elsewhere in the world.

          It marked the first time the administration has sent Congress inclusive war-related budget requests, instead of the piecemeal emergency funding requests it has used previously to fund operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

          The $141.7 billion request for waging the global war on terror includes $70.6 billion for "warfighting operations."

          A total $4.7 billion is earmarked for training and equipping Iraqi and Afghan security forces, $15.2 billion for "force protection," including developing ways to counter roadside bombs, or IEDs (improved explosive devices), the biggest killer of US troops in Iraq.

          The $93.4 billion request stemming from 2007 also includes funds for Iraq and Afghanistan, such as repairing and replacing spent equipment, training local security forces, and developing IED counter-measures.

          The administration is requesting a 11.3 percent boost in its base defense budget for 2008 over this year.

          It includes a major expansion in the size of the Army and Marine Corps that is projected to add 92,000 troops by 2012 and will cost $12.1 billion next year.

          The Army's budget would swell to $130.1 billion, up $20.4 billion, surpassed in size only by the Air Force. The Marine Corps budget would grow by more than 25 percent to $20.5 billion, a $4.3 billion increase over this year.

          Rather than compensate with cuts in other areas, the administration's request also adds billion of dollars to the budgets of the Air Force and Navy, services that have played secondary roles in the Iraq and Afghan conflicts.

          The Air Force and Navy would play lead roles in countering other potential adversaries -- nuclear-armed North Korea, Iran and China, whose rapid military modernization has prompted US worries about its intentions.

          "Recognizing that threats to US security exist beyond the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States must increase the strength and capabilities of its forces, maintain a high state of readiness and support, and continue strategic modernization," the Pentagon said.

          The proposal would boost procurement spending by more than $20 billion to buy fighter aircraft, electronic warfare planes, unmanned aircraft, an aircraft carrier, destroyers, and littoral combat ships.

          Overall procurement spending for 2008 would total $107.8 billlion, according to Pentagon projections.

          It would provide 14.4 billion dollars for shipbuilding, up $3.2 billion; $27 billion for aircraft, up $4.1 billion; and $3.7 billion for the army's next generation of networked ground combat vehicles.

          The proposed operations and maintenance budget would go up by $15.5 billion to $164.7 billion, much of it for training land forces, air crews and to keep US warships at sea longer.



          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国精品无码一区二区三区在线看| 亚洲国产成人无码网站| 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 国产成人亚洲无码淙合青草| 亚洲一区二区三区av链接| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 国产在线视欧美亚综合| 女同亚洲精品一区二区三| 国产av一区二区三区| 亚洲综合av男人的天堂| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人| 精品熟女少妇免费久久| 中文字幕在线永久免费视频| 94人妻少妇偷人精品| 欧美成人www在线观看| 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 无卡国产精品| 亚洲国产综合性亚洲综合性| 在线 欧美 中文 亚洲 精品| 99久久无码一区人妻a黑| 99在线视频免费观看| 九九热精品免费视频| 97se亚洲综合在线天天| 小罗莉极品一线天在线| 亚洲国产精品久久久天堂麻豆宅男 | 色二av手机版在线| 理论片午午伦夜理片久久| 国产精品亚洲玖玖玖在线观看 | 国产日韩精品视频无码| 爱性久久久久久久久| 亚洲AV无码国产永久播放蜜芽| 欧美精品一产区二产区| 久久婷婷综合色一区二区| 男人猛躁进女人免费播放| 国产日韩精品一区二区在线观看播放| 亚洲一区二区三级av| 国产精品视频中文字幕| 婷婷五月亚洲综合图区| 亚洲午夜理论无码电影| 四虎影视在线永久免费观看| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V日本|