|
REGIONAL> Top regional news
![]() |
|
300 children suffer lead poisoning
Updated: 2009-08-10 14:58 More than 300 children with lead poisoning in Shaanxi province will receive free medical treatment, a local official says.
A doctor from Xi'an Central Hospital collects a blood sample from a boy on Friday in Fengxiang county. [China Daily]
The children, who all live near Changqing industrial park in Fengxiang county, were found to have excessive lead content in their blood after examinations by medical staff at Xi'an Central Hospital. "Both of my children took physical examinations that showed the lead in their blood far exceeded normal conditions," said Ma Shengqin, a farmer living near the industrial park, told China Daily Sunday. "The lead in their blood is more than 250 mg per liter." The normal lead content in blood ranges from zero to 100 mg per liter and health is affected if the content is over 200 mg per liter. Ma said his children sleep more than before, cannot concentrate and react very slowly. All other children have similar symptoms, Ma said. Fears were first raised over the health of local children when a parent took her child to the doctor in July. The child was confirmed as suffering from lead poisoning and other parents, noticing similar symptoms in their children, also took their children to the doctor. Local people believe that the nearby Shaanxi Dongling Lead and Zinc Smelting Factory was to blame for the poisoning. However, there has been no conclusive link. "The factory is only about 400 to 500 m away from our houses," said a parent, surnamed Xue, 33. A factory employee, surnamed Liang, told China Daily that managers had discussed the incident with local government officials in Fengxiang. China Daily's attempts to contact the factory's deputy manager surnamed Sun were unsuccessful. Liang said he believed the factory would present a "reasonable" explanation and solution to the poisoning. On Friday, the local government promised to give free treatment to the children, a local official said. Ma said that he had not been contacted about the offer. An official surnamed Liu of Changqing township refused to comment. In 2006, the factory was required to help relocate the nearby villagers because the lead from their production could harm people's health. But so far only 100 of 581 households have been moved. The villagers said they were willing to move but were short of money for new houses. The only thing they can do is to transfer their children to another school to avoid further poisoning. About half of the parents in Maodaokou village have decided to transfer children to another school next semester. But others do not have enough money, so their children must stay. Now the parents hope that the government can work with the factory to speed up the relocation process. Many regions in Western China have introduced high-polluting industries without necessary environmental evaluation to boost the local economy, but the developments sometimes impact the health of local people. Environmentalists urged the development model be changed to ensure people's health and safety.
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 特级xxxxx欧美孕妇| 精品国产一区二区三区2021| 亚洲精品二区在线播放| 日韩一区二区三区水蜜桃| 人人玩人人添人人澡超碰| 国产精品va在线观看h| 国产亚洲精品久久yy50| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 国产免费踩踏调教视频| 7777精品久久久大香线蕉| 草草浮力影院| 国产成人美女视频网站| 亚洲国产精品一区二区久| 国产在线小视频| 国产精品久久中文字幕网| 亚洲自偷自偷在线成人网站传媒| 日本中文字幕乱码免费| 国产丝袜在线精品丝袜| 欧美丝袜高跟鞋一区二区| 国产在线超清日本一本| 国产精品免费激情视频| 亚洲精品日韩在线丰满| 乌克兰少妇bbw| 国产一区二区三区av在线无码观看| 日韩人妻少妇一区二区| 日韩精品一区二区三区在| 国产精品无码av一区二区三区 | A男人的天堂久久A毛片| 国产精品67人妻无码久久| 亚洲国产成人综合精品| 国产公开久久人人97超碰| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区下载| 骚片av蜜桃精品一区| 亚洲情A成黄在线观看动漫尤物| 欧美激情一区二区三区不卡| 国产精品一二三中文字幕| 国产成人亚洲精品在线看| 视频一区视频二区中文字幕| 婷婷综合亚洲| 国产欧洲欧洲久美女久久| 国产综合视频一区二区三区|