<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / World

          Maria wreaks deadly devastation

          China Daily | Updated: 2017-09-23 07:01

          33 killed as Puerto Rico battles floods, faces weeks without power

          SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico was on Friday battling dangerous flooding after Hurricane Maria ravaged the island, as the death toll there jumped to 13 and authorities rescued nearly 700 people from high waters.

          Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello called Maria the most devastating storm in a century after it destroyed the United States territory's electricity and telecommunications infrastructure.

          Millions on the island faced the dispiriting prospect of weeks and perhaps months without electricity.

          Rossello told CNN: "We're 24 hours post-hurricane warning and right now our efforts are to make sure we have everybody safe, that we can rescue people. Our efforts have already produced almost 700 rescues so we're clearly focused on that."

          The National Hurricane Center said some areas in Puerto Rico could see more than a meter of rain from Maria, and Rossello warned of dangerous mudslides brought on by the deluge.

          "We have a lot of flooding, we have reports of complete devastation of vulnerable housing. Of course it's still raining over here."

          Ricardo Ramos, who heads Puerto Rico's electricity board, said it could take months before power is fully restored on the island.

          "The system ... has been totally destroyed," he said of the electricity grid.

          Following reports of looting, Rossello imposed an overnight curfew, from 6 pm to 6 am, which will stay in place until Saturday.

          Maria was blamed for at least 33 deaths, including 15 in Dominica, three in Haiti and two in Guadeloupe.

          "Puerto Rico is absolutely obliterated," US President Donald Trump said on Thursday after declaring the territory of 3.4 million people a disaster area, a move that will free up emergency relief funding.

          "Puerto Rico is in a very, very, very tough shape," he said.

          The torrential rain had turned some roads into muddy brown rivers, impassable to all but the largest of vehicles.

          Toppled trees, street signs and power cables were strewn across roads that were also littered with debris.

          "We all lived through the worst night of our lives, but Puerto Ricans have great inner strength," said Iris Rivera, 53, in San Juan.

          "Everyone is helping by cleaning up, directing traffic and supporting their neighbors."

          As of early Friday, Maria was a Category Three hurricane with winds of 205 kph (127 mph) bearing down on the Turks and Caicos islands.

          Heavy rains and high winds began hitting the archipelago, a British territory, on Thursday afternoon.

          The government opened new shelters after several buildings which had been used during Hurricane Irma earlier this month were damaged and authorities feared they might not hold up under another fierce storm.

          In the Dominican Republic, the heavy rains triggered flooding as rivers overflowed their banks.

          High winds downed trees and electrical pylons, and 140,000 people were left without power, the government said. Some 17,000 have been evacuated from their homes.

          Dominica, which has a population of around 72,000, has been largely cut off from the outside world since Maria struck on Thursday.

          "So far, we would have buried in excess of 15 people," Dominica's Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said.

          "If there (are) no other fatalities, it is a miracle."

          Afp - Reuters

          Maria wreaks deadly devastation

          Cars make their way along a flooded road in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Thursday. Ricardo Arduengo / Agence Francepresse

          Editor's picks
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 青青草最新在线视频播放| 日韩大片在线永久免费观看网站| 67194熟妇在线观看线路| 熟女在线视频一区二区三区| 久久精品一偷一偷国产| 98精品全国免费观看视频| 亚洲精品久久7777777国产| 欧美日韩中文亚洲另类春色| 又爽又黄又无遮挡的激情视频| 好姑娘完整版在线观看| 中文文精品字幕一区二区| 琪琪777午夜理论片在线观看播放| 国产精品乱码一区二区三| 欧美日韩综合网| 国产精品偷伦费观看一次| FC2免费人成在线视频| 国产性天天综合网| 欧洲中文字幕一区二区| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 加勒比无码人妻东京热| 夜夜添无码一区二区三区| 日韩av一区二区不卡在线| 内射视频福利在线观看| 精品国产福利久久久| 四虎永久在线精品无码视频| 在线播放国产精品亚洲| 国产人人干| 欧美福利电影A在线播放| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线毛片| 九九热在线这里只有精品| 亚洲色无码专线精品观看| 国产视频一区二区三区视频| 爱性久久久久久久久| 国产粉嫩一区二区三区av| 国产精品无码久久久久AV| 亚洲av综合色一区二区| h动态图男女啪啪27报gif| 亚洲一区二区三区蜜桃臀| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 五月天中文字幕mv在线| 国产高清不卡视频|