<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / Top Stories

          Cui calls US 'hypocritical' on island issue

          By Chen Weihua in Washington Zhang Yunbi and Li Xiaokun in Beijing | China Daily USA | Updated: 2015-10-28 11:23

          China ambassador says patrol violates laws of the sea

          Cui Tiankai, Chinese ambassador to the United States, said on Tuesday that the US operation in South China Sea is "a very serious provocation, politically and militarily."

          China said on Tuesday that two of its navy warships sent out warnings after the US sent a guided-missile destroyer to patrol within 12 nautical miles of a Chinese island in the South China Sea. It said the warnings had been sent "in accordance with laws".

          Cui told CNN's Christiane Amanpour that it was a clear attempt by Washington to militarize the region.

          "It is a very absurd and even hypocritical position to ask others not to militarize the region while one's self is sending military vessels there so frequently," he said.

          "We have to make sure we have sufficient means to safeguard our sovereignty there, to protect our lawful rights there, to maintain peace and stability there. And nobody will have more illusion to continue to provoke."

          Cui said what the US did is totally against provision, the letter and spirit of the UN Convention of the Law of the Sea, to which the US is not yet a party. "We have a last-standing sovereignty over the islands of the region and waters surrounding them. It's not something based on so-called man-made facilities and features there," Cui said.

          "Whatever is happening now won't change our position on the sovereignty in the region, will not weaken our determination to safeguard our sovereignty, will not weaken our commitment to seeking a peaceful solution to the disputes with countries concerned, and will not weaken our position and commitment to developing a healthy relationship with the US," he said. "But this is a two-way track. We have to have the reciprocate actions from the US."

          Ministry of National Defense spokesman Yang Yujun said in a statement issued on Tuesday night that Beijing "will take all necessary measures to safeguard its own security", and has lodged solemn protests to the US. The missile destroyer Lanzhou and cruiser Taizhou of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy sent the warnings to the US ship, Yang said.

          "Although Washington, as the world's leading maritime power, wants to assert robust maritime rights in the South China Sea, there are better, less confrontational ways to make that point," he said.

          John Negroponte, the former US deputy secretary of state and former US ambassador to the UN, said that the two world's economic powers should sit down and talk about these things.

          "The more dialogues we have the better. I am always in favor of as much dialogue with China as possible," he said.

          Zhang Junshe, a senior researcher at the PLA Naval Military Studies Research Institute, said the Chinese warnings were based on international law and were made "within the scope of regular practices and were very professional".

          The US action - quite near to Chinese territory - threatens not only the country's sovereignty "but also the security of facilities and Chinese personnel stationed on the island", Zhang said.

          Lu, the spokesman, said China monitored, followed and warned the Lassen. The country "will staunchly defend its territorial sovereignty" and "resolutely respond to any country's deliberately provocative actions", he said.

          The incident came after Washington challenged Beijing over its dredging projects on some Chinese islands.

          Lu said construction activities undertaken by China on its own territory are an internal matter and will not block other countries' legal freedom of navigation and overflight.

          "China resolutely opposes any country using freedom of navigation and overflight as a pretext for harming China's national sovereignty and security interests," Lu said.

          He expressed "strong discontentment" and "resolute opposition" over the US patrol and called on Washington to "immediately correct its wrongdoing" and abide by its promise not to take sides on the South China Sea issue.

          The US patrol comes just weeks before Asia-Pacific summits that are expected to be attended by President Xi Jinping and President Barack Obama.

          Xi made it clear in late September after a meeting with Obama in Washington that China had no intention of militarizing the islands in the South China Sea.

          Zhang Yunling, director of the academic division of international studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said the US is flexing its muscle to show its people, the region and the world that it will not fall behind as China grows stronger.

          Some US pundits saw the situation differently.

          "What the US has done is not to violate Chinese sovereignty, but it is what the US does all over the world, and that is to go where it is legal to do so," said Douglas Paal, vice-president for studies and director of the Asia program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

          Paal expects the US Navy has done and will do the same for Vietnamese, Philippine and other low tide elevations (LTEs) in the South China Sea that he said have no 12 nautical mile limit under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

          "I hope Chinese leaders and people will respond coolly and unemotionally to these activities, and not be driven by dramatization in the media or by some commentators," he said.

          Yin Zhuo, head of the Information Technology Commission of the PLA Navy, said there is no foundation in international law to support the intrusion by the Lassen.

          Wang Xu contributed to this story.

          Contact the writers through lixiaokun@chinadaily.com.cn.

          Editor's picks
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 91密桃精品国产91久久| 国产成人午夜福利精品| 一区二区偷拍美女撒尿视频| 亚洲成av人片在www色猫咪| 亚洲精品人成网线在播放VA| 亚洲色成人网站www永久下载| 亚洲欧美日韩综合一区在线| 欧美肥婆性猛交xxxx| 亚洲综合成人av在线| 中文字幕少妇人妻视频| 国产精品免费重口又黄又粗| 久久99精品国产麻豆婷婷| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文无码| 亚洲国产精品综合久久20| 中文字幕亚洲综合第一页| 中文字幕日本一区二区在线观看 | 国产日韩精品欧美一区灰| 精品国产片一区二区三区| 欧美白妞大战非洲大炮| 国产香蕉在线视频| 国产成人精品无码播放| 爱如潮水在线观看视频| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合第一区| 日本高清免费不卡视频| 国产美女遭强高潮网站| 国产精品性视频一区二区| 久久久国产精品VA麻豆| 老司机亚洲精品一区二区| 国产乱码1卡二卡3卡四卡5| 国产男女猛烈无遮挡免费视频| 久久综合色之久久综合色| 亚洲精品久久久久国色天香| 亚洲丰满熟女一区二区蜜桃| 国产品精品久久久久中文| 乱60一70归性欧老妇| 天天干天天色综合网| 国产福利在线观看免费第一福利| av中文字幕国产精品| 亚洲综合中文字幕久久| 一本av高清一区二区三区|