<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / Across America

          China welcomes restoration of US-Cuba ties, supports lifting of embargo

          By Chen Weihua | China Daily USA | Updated: 2015-07-06 10:56

          The JetBlue plane that took off on July 3 from JFK Airport in New York for the Jose Marti International Airport in Havana was the first direct flight from the Big Apple to Cuba.

          It happened just two days after US President Barack Obama officially announced the re-establishment of diplomatic ties between the United States and Cuba and the scheduled opening of embassies in each other's capitals on July 20.

          In May, Cuba was removed by the US State Department from its list of state sponsors of terrorism, which the island nation had been on since 1982.

          Yet the US embargo on Cuba imposed in the 1960s, called by some Cubans a blockade, is still in place and does not seem like it will go away despite Obama's appeals to the Congress.

          The embargo has been widely regarded as the most ridiculous US policy and has been firmly opposed by virtually all other nations, as evidenced in the annual condemnation of the US embargo on Cuba at the United Nations General Assembly every fall.

          JetBlue's direct charter flight and Obama's announcement still do not mean Americans can travel to Cuba freely. With the embargo, Americans are still forbidden from traveling to Cuba as tourists, and they can only go if they are visiting relatives, working in academic exchanges or as journalists.

          Even those allowed to travel there are restricted in bringing back Cuban cigars and rum to the US.

          In making his formal announcement of diplomatic ties with Cuba on July 1, Obama admitted that the US policy has failed.

          "For the United States, that meant clinging to a policy that was not working. Instead of supporting democracy and opportunity for the Cuban people, our efforts to isolate Cuba despite good intentions increasingly had the opposite effect - cementing the status quo and isolating the United States from our neighbors in this hemisphere," Obama said.

          "The progress that we mark today is yet another demonstration that we don't have to be imprisoned by the past. When something isn't working, we can - and will - change," said Obama, who first announced efforts to normalize relations with Cuba last December.

          While the Cuban government has much to improve in its policy to open up and develop its economy, there is no doubt that the US embargo in the past half century has inflicted huge sufferings on ordinary Cuban people.

          China welcomes restoration of US-Cuba ties, supports lifting of embargo

          And Obama, as a US leader, finally has the courage to admit that. "It's long past time for us to realize that this approach doesn't work. It hasn't worked for 50 years. It shuts America out of Cuba's future, and it only makes life worse for the Cuban people," he said on July 1.

          Such ridiculous US policy also has been felt in Washington, where the Cuban Interests Section had been operating for years without a bank account largely due to the US policy; it was only restored in May. Cuban diplomats working in the missions are restricted to a certain radius in a country that calls itself the land of freedom.

          Obama's announcement on July 1 and his engagement policy have been welcomed in China. Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said that the important stride toward the normalization of bilateral relations meets the common interests of the two countries and the two peoples, facilitates stability and development of the Americas, and answers an international call that has existed for a long time.

          "We are happy about this good move, and welcome and support it," she told a daily briefing on July 2.

          Hua said China hopes that the US and Cuba can meet each other halfway.

          "We hope the US side can soon and completely lift the bans and sanctions on Cuba, so that the two countries are able to develop normal state-to-state relations following the purposes of the UN charter and the basic norms governing international relations," she said.

          Contact the writer at chenweihua@chinadailyusa.com

          Polar icebreaker Snow Dragon arrives in Antarctic
          Xi's vision on shared future for humanity
          Air Force units explore new airspace
          Premier Li urges information integration to serve the public
          Dialogue links global political parties
          Editor's picks
          Beijing limits signs attached to top of buildings across city
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久青草国产精品一区| 国产人妻人伦精品婷婷| 国产亚洲精品在av| 人妻无码一区二区三区四区 | 亚洲欧美成人久久综合中文网 | 自拍偷在线精品自拍偷免费| 色婷婷日日躁夜夜躁| 成在线人永久免费视频播放 | 野花韩国电影免费观看在线| 色偷偷888欧美精品久久久| 人妻少妇被猛烈进入中文字幕 | 激情五月日韩中文字幕| 久久精品亚洲精品国产区| 精品亚洲无人区一区二区| 国产毛片精品一区二区色| 国产午夜精品无码一区二区| 欧美成人精品三级网站视频| 丰满人妻一区二区三区色| 国产不卡在线一区二区| 国内精品视频一区二区三区八戒 | 精品国产女同疯狂摩擦2| 国产深夜福利在线免费观看| 国产精品中文字幕视频| 亚洲最大成人免费av| 艳妇乳肉豪妇荡乳在线观看| 欧美老人巨大XXXX做受视频| 激情内射亚州一区二区三区爱妻| 亚洲男人AV天堂午夜在| 亚洲女人αV天堂在线| 痉挛高潮喷水av无码免费| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区中 | 国产精品福利社| 日韩黄色网站| 亚洲男人的天堂久久香蕉| 人妻中文字幕一区二区视频 | 国产高清一区在线观看| 国产美女久久久亚洲综合| 国产视频不卡一区二区三区| 熟女一区二区中文字幕| 国产极品尤物免费在线| 亚洲国产一区二区三区|