<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / Top Stories

          Advocates optimistic on immigration

          By Lia Zhu in San Francisco | China Daily USA | Updated: 2015-02-24 12:09

          A San Francisco-based Chinese advocacy organization on Monday expressed optimism that a Texas judge's order blocking President Obama's immigration relief program will be overturned in appeals court.

          "We, and the communities and organizations that we work with, all are optimistic that the injunction will be overturned," said Annette Wong, immigrant rights program manager with the civil rights organization Chinese for Affirmative Action (CAA).

          The injunction that Wong referred to was imposed by US District Judge Andrew Hanen in Texas on Feb 16 to block President Barack Obama's executive action which provides protection for undocumented immigrants from deportation. Roughly 5 million people nationwide are eligible for the relief program, including the extended DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and DAPA (Deferred Action for Parental Accountability).

          However, 26 states, headed by Texas, convinced the judge that they would suffer financial burdens as the immigrants would be issued work permits and drivers' licenses and be able to apply for federal benefits after meeting certain requirements, like passing a criminal background check. They also argued that the president failed to follow required procedures for changing federal rules.

          "We are definitely disappointed that the judge in Texas imposed the injunction on the new DACA and DAPA, because so many people are going to benefit from the program," said Wong.

          Federal agents were supposed to start processing the applications on Feb 18 and it is estimated that hundreds of thousands of Asian immigrants are eligible for DACA and DAPA relief.

          "We feel like there have been so many roadblocks for people to find a relief," Wong said.

          "Republicans and Congress refused to vote on an immigration reform bill, so President Obama had to take the executive action to offer community members relief. Now that the relief is offered, this judge in Texas has made it more difficult for people to come forward and apply," said Wong.

          According to CAA's data, the application rate among the Chinese community is low. During the first round of DACA, which was started in 2012, the Chinese application rate was 5 percent of those eligible.

          "We are very concerned that, with the injunction which is causing more fear in our community, people will feel 'this is not a safe program, we shouldn't apply,' " said Wong.

          In response to the judge's ruling last week, CAA issued a statement, saying, "This injunction defies legal precedent and we expect it to be appealed and overturned shortly."

          On Monday, the Obama administration gave Hanen an alternative of putting on hold the order by Wednesday before it goes directly to an appeals court to file a stay on the injunction.

          The Justice Department filed an appeal on Monday to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, arguing that the 26 states lack any authority over the nation's immigration policies.

          This situation is a setback, but it is temporary, said Wong. "President Obama has legal experts and immigration experts who both agree that the president has the power to implement this executive action."

          Historically, both Republican and Democratic presidents have used executive authority to offer similar immigration relief to set priorities for immigration. "The priorities the president set are not out of line with the priorities of the congress, so we believe that the injunction and the ruling will be overturned on appeal," Wong said.

          At the meantime, the immigration advocate also encourages community members to continue to seek out information on the immigration relief program, to continue gathering documents and the required fee ($465). "Because we anticipate that this is just a roadblock for now," she said.

          The organization has beefed up education and outreach efforts in the Chinese community.

          "If you are Chinese and you are undocumented, you are not alone. There are thousands of people like you out there. If you are nervous about applying or if you have a lot of questions, you can come forward to community-based organizations, like CAA," Wong said.

          So far, about 300,000 undocumented Chinese immigrants are living in the US, and 92,000 of them are eligible for President Obama's relief program which was announced in November last year.

          liazhu@chinadailyusa.com

          Editor's picks
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 图片区 小说区 区 亚洲五月 | 中文字幕成熟丰满人妻| 青青草国产线观看| 一边摸一边叫床一边爽av| 亚洲区一区二区三区精品| 亚洲欧美另类久久久精品播放的| 亚洲欧美日韩国产国产a| 一区二区三区精品偷拍| 国产成人精品视频不卡| 九九热视频在线免费观看| 亚在线观看免费视频入口| 欧美成人h亚洲综合在线观看| 爱情岛亚洲论坛成人网站| 国产精品视频免费网站| 日本边添边摸边做边爱喷水| 久9re热视频这里只有精品| 亚洲第一区二区三区av| 亚洲一区二区成人| 国产裸体永久免费无遮挡| 久久亚洲精品日本波多野结衣| 久久99久久精品视频| 日本一区二区在线高清观看| 熟女无套高潮内谢吼叫免费| 亚洲色婷婷综合开心网| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频| 国产性色的免费视频网站| 亚洲精品拍拍央视网出文| 久久三级国内外久久三级| 日韩精品亚洲精品第一页| 丰满人妻被黑人猛烈进入| 在线免费观看视频1区| 亚洲不卡av不卡一区二区| 国产最新进精品视频| 午夜精品久久久久久久第一页| 国产精品成人久久电影| 四虎国产精品永久入口| 国产成人亚洲精品在线看| 在线亚洲欧美日韩精品专区| 亚洲精品久久一区二区三区四区| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频| 久久综合久中文字幕青草|