<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / World

          Holocaust project ban debate simmers

          By Agence France-Presse in Munich | China Daily | Updated: 2015-01-22 07:36

          Support grows for allowing 'stumbling blocks' that honor victims of Nazi-era genocide

          Ernst Grube, a sprightly 82-year-old Munich native with a ready smile, has had enough.

          Seventy years after surviving a Nazi concentration camp and losing several close family members to the gas chambers in German-occupied Poland, Grube said the time had come for relatives to be allowed to choose their own way of remembering their dead.

          Grube's hometown, however, leveled an official ban more than a decade ago on what has become the most personal and popular Holocaust memorial project in Europe today, known as Stolpersteine, or "stumbling blocks".

          For nearly 20 years, pedestrians have been stumbling across the names of Nazi-era victims on coaster-sized brass plaques embedded in the pavement in front of their last known addresses.

          The 50,000th Stolperstein was laid this month, ahead of the 70th anniversary on Tuesday of the liberation of the Auschwitz death camp, and they can now be found in more than 1,000 cities and towns throughout Europe.

          Sculptor Gunther Demnig started the project in 1996 to bring the unfathomable dimensions of the Holocaust down to a human scale.

          Each Stolperstein bears a stark text, with the name of the victim, birth date, date of deportation and, if known, date and place of death.

          However, Munich, which was the historical home of the Nazi movement, is the only major German metropolis to outlaw the blocks in public places.

          The strongest opposition came from an unexpected place: the leader of Munich's 4,000-strong Jewish community, Charlotte Knobloch, who argued that victims' memories would be desecrated once more when passers-by walked on the plaques.

          The ban was so sweeping that two Stolpersteine, for Jewish art dealers Siegfried and Paula Jordan, were dug up again soon after the 2004 decision.

          "It was as if my parents were deported a second time," their son, 91-year-old Peter Jordan, wrote to city officials.

          Tide turning?

          Grube says he respects Knobloch, who survived the Nazi period in hiding with a Catholic family, but he called her de facto veto outdated and unjust.

          "I am 82, Frau Knobloch is 82, I was persecuted as a child, Frau Knobloch was persecuted as a child," he said. "Why does her experience count more than mine?"

          Grube noted that beyond the 6 million Jews slaughtered in the Holocaust, groups including resistance members, gays, the disabled, Sinti and Roma and Jehovah's Witnesses were also targeted for extermination. Their descendants have now lent their voices to Munich's pro-Stolpersteine campaign.

          Knobloch declined an interview but said in a statement sent by e-mail that she maintained her stance.

          "People murdered in the Holocaust deserve better than a plaque in the dust, street dirt and even worse filth," she said.

          Knobloch suggested "alternatives", including a single memorial with the names of all Munich victims installed at a Nazi party documentation center due to open in April.

          The tide, however, may well be turning in favor of the Stolpersteine since the election last year of a new mayor who backs the project, joining proponents including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Israel's Yad Vashem memorial.

          An initiative lobbying for Stolpersteine in Munich led by Terry Swartzberg, an energetic United States Jew who has lived in Germany for nearly four decades, believes it now has a majority on the city council to overturn the ban as soon as next month.

          Swartzberg, 61, said he often receives fervent letters of support from the grandchildren of Holocaust victims in Israel and the US.

          Editor's picks
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲亚洲人成综合丝袜图片| 我趁老师睡觉摸她奶脱她内裤 | 蜜臀av久久国产午夜福利软件| 久久精品国产99久久六动漫| 噜噜噜噜私人影院| 国产成人无码一区二区在线播放| 国内自拍视频一区二区三区| 亚洲天堂伊人久久a成人| 日韩精品av一区二区三区| 国产最新进精品视频| 波多野42部无码喷潮| 日本亲近相奷中文字幕| 熟妇与小伙子露脸对白| 九九热免费精品在线视频| 亚洲国产欧美在线看片一国产| 国产三级黄色的在线观看| 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 毛片av在线尤物一区二区| 国产一级三级三级在线视| 久爱免费观看在线精品| 国产欧美综合在线观看第十页| 日韩黄色网站| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 在线观看国产小视频| 国产精品一区在线免费看| 欧美人与动牲猛交xxxxbbbb| 国产偷自一区二区三区在线| 免费国产高清在线精品一区| 国产91麻豆视频免费看| 人妻系列无码专区无码中出| 日韩a∨精品日韩在线观看 | 日韩中文字幕国产精品| 激情五月开心综合亚洲| h无码精品3d动漫在线观看| 色欲AV成人无码精品无码| 极品蜜桃臀一区二区av| 久久亚洲av午夜福利精品一区 | 国产一区二区精品久久呦| 国内精品久久久久久不卡影院| 国产三级精品三级色噜噜| 香蕉人妻av久久久久天天|