<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / World

          Japan mulls restarting idled nuclear plants

          By Reuters in Satsumasendai, Japan | China Daily | Updated: 2014-10-11 07:42

          Consultation process with residents deemed a one-sided 'farce' by some

          As part of a plan to restart its nuclear industry, Japan on Thursday began a controversial consultation process with local residents near idled reactors that was criticized for failing to give everyone in the region a say.

          More than a year after Japan's last reactor was shut down in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima disaster, officials began a series of town hall meetings to explain the approval process that cleared the Sendai plant in the southwest of the country for restart.

          But local authorities set strict ground rules for the first meeting in Satsumasendai, the coastal city of 98,000 people 1,000 kilometer southwest of Tokyo that hosts the two-reactor Kyushu Electric Power facility.

          "As we saw in Fukushima, once there's an accident, the impact is felt across a large region," said Makoto Matsuzaki, an anti-nuclear legislator for Kagoshima prefecture, where Satsumasendai is located.

          "They face that risk but have no rights and no say," said the Japanese Communist Party assemblywoman. "It's like going to get a risky surgery at a hospital without giving your consent."

          More than 160,000 people were forced to flee their homes after the triple meltdowns at Fukushima, the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl, and towns closest to the Tokyo Electric Power plant remain off-limits.

          Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government wants to bring reactors back online once they pass tougher security checks imposed after the Fukushima disaster. Japan must import expensive fossil fuels to replace the power from the nation's 48 nuclear power stations, which previously supplied around 30 percent of Japan's electricity.

          The Nuclear Regulation Authority approved Sendai's safety features in September. The plant still needs to pass operational safety checks.

          The government said it will defer to local authorities before proceeding, but there are no legally binding rules governing the consultation process.

          Unpopular power

          Kagoshima Governor Yuichiro Ito said the final decision will rest with the governments of the prefecture and Satsumasendai. Ito and the city's mayor, Hideo Iwakiri, both favor restarting the plant.

          In Ichikikushikino, a town less than 5 km from the plant, more than half of the 30,000 residents signed a petition opposing the restart. That town and nearby Hioki city, with 50,000 people, have both formally asked to be part of the approval process, but Governor Ito has refused.

          Nuclear power is unpopular nationwide after the Fukushima disaster. Cities and towns that host nuclear plants often support them, as they depend on the facilities for jobs and government subsidies, while nearby towns are often less supportive.

          City and prefectural officials hosting Thursday's town hall meeting barred the 1,000 residents who packed a concert hall from recording the briefing and ruled out questions on such areas of concern as evacuation plans or the broad issue of restarts.

          Activists and residents said evacuation plans drafted by local authorities are unrealistic and should be vetted by the NRA.

          Instead, NRA officials fielded specific, technical questions about the vetting process that the agency followed in clearing Sendai for restart.

          "What is the point of this meeting then?" asked one woman, who said she ought to be allowed to record the proceedings.

          Organizers were forced to introduce a lottery system due to the high interest in attending the meeting. An official said residents were assigned seats to ensure that everyone was able to sit.

          In a statement emailed to Reuters, Greenpeace called the meetings a farce. The group said it was clear officials considered the event a one-way conversation without truly addressing residents' concerns.

           

          Editor's picks
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人精品亚洲资源| 激情综合网激情综合网激情| 欧洲尺码日本尺码专线美国又| 欧洲成人在线观看| 国产精品一区久久人人爽| 久久综合激情网| 国产乱码精品一区二区上| 亚洲国产成人字幕久久| 亚洲欧美日韩综合久久| 国产三级精品三级| 国产视频一区二区三区麻豆| 久久精品国产亚洲av天海翼| 亚洲熟妇AV乱码在线观看| 老熟妇欲乱一区二区三区| 精品熟女日韩中文十区| 国产亚洲精品久久综合阿香 | 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 国模精品视频一区二区三区| 国产精品亚洲综合色区丝瓜| 国产精品自拍视频免费看| 最新精品国偷自产在线| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 国产一级毛片高清完整视频版| a级黄色毛片免费播放视频| 欧美高清狂热视频60一70| 亚洲欧美色αv在线影视| 丰满少妇被猛烈进出69影院| 米奇亚洲国产精品思久久| 99亚洲男女激情在线观看| 2022一本久道久久综合狂躁| 午夜福利激情一区二区三区| 久久亚洲人成网站| 午夜福利宅福利国产精品| 亚洲色最新高清AV网站| 亚洲精品码中文在线观看| 日本亚洲一区二区精品| 国产91小视频在线观看| 人妻中文字幕精品系列| 熟女少妇精品一区二区| 樱花草视频www日本韩国 | 国产精品中文av专线|