<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / World

          At least 11 people killed in Bangladesh election unrest

          By Agencies in Dhaka, Bangladesh | China Daily | Updated: 2014-01-06 07:55

          Police in Bangladesh fired at protesters, and opposition activists torched more than 100 polling stations on Sunday during a national election boycotted by the opposition and described as flawed by the international community. At least 11 people were killed in election-related violence.

          Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's refusal to heed opposition demands to step down and appoint a neutral caretaker to oversee the election led to the boycott, undermining the legitimacy of the vote. Opposition activists have staged attacks, strikes and transportation blockades in unrest that has left at least 286 people dead since last year.

          "We never expected such an election," said Aminul Islam, a resident of the capital, Dhaka, who refused to vote. "For such a situation, both the government and opposition are responsible. They don't want to establish democracy."

          Police opened fire to stop protesters seizing a polling center in Bangladesh's northern Rangpur district, killing two people, authorities said. In a similar incident in neighboring Nilphamari district, police fired into about two dozen protesters, killing two people.

          Police gave no further details, but Dhaka's Daily Star newspaper said the four men who were killed belonged to the opposition Jamaat-e-Islami party.

          Police said another seven people were killed in election-related violence elsewhere, including a polling official who was stabbed to death by suspected opposition activists.

          Local media reported that attackers torched at least 127 school buildings across Bangladesh in overnight attacks. The buildings were to be used as polling stations.

          As of Sunday afternoon, voter turnout appeared to be low. The voting began at 8 am, but local television stations showed mostly empty polling stations.

          "The boycott of the election by several parties may have contributed to the low turnout," Chief Election Commissioner Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad told journalists at his Dhaka office.

          The opposition boycott led to 153 of Parliament's 300 elected seats going uncontested.

          The European Union, the United States and Britain did not send observers for what they considered a flawed election. US State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf said that Washington was disappointed that the major political parties had not reached a consensus on a way to hold free, fair and credible elections.

          Tens of thousands of troops were deployed across the country after about 150 people had been killed in the buildup, but they failed to stem the bloodshed.

          The ruling Awami League has accused the main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party of orchestrating the violence, and has kept its leader under de facto house arrest.

          With the opposition trying to enforce a general strike as part of a strategy to wreck the polls, officials admit turnout could be worse than the previous low of 26 percent in a rigged 1996 election.

          The outcome of the contest is not in doubt as voting is taking place in only 147 of the 300 parliamentary constituencies. Awami League candidates or allies have a clear run in the remaining 153.

          Hasina's government said it had to hold the vote after Parliament's five-year term expired.

          "Yes, the festive mood is missing, but this election is essential to ensure constitutional continuity," Deputy Law Minister Quamrul Islam said.

          The BNP, the largest of 21 parties who are refusing to take part, has called them a "scandalous farce".

          Its leader, Khaleda Zia, has been confined to her home for the last week, with riot police and water cannons posted outside her Dhaka residence.

          Analysts said the political chaos could exacerbate economic woes in this deeply impoverished country of 160 million and lead to radicalization in a strategic pocket of South Asia.

          AP - AFP

           

          Editor's picks
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 蜜桃av亚洲精品一区二区| 欧美大bbbb流白水| 野花日本hd免费高清版8| 亚洲Av综合日韩精品久久久| 在线看无码的免费网站| 日产乱码卡一卡2卡三卡四| 亚洲中文字字幕精品乱码| 久久人人97超碰爱香蕉| 国产系列高清精品第一页| 麻豆精品一区二区三区蜜桃| 亚洲高清国产拍精品熟女| 免费人成在线观看网站| 国产乱码精品一区二区三区四川人 | 欧美成人看片黄A免费看| 国产jizz中国jizz免费看| 免费无码一区无码东京热| 国产精品无码久久久久AV| 国产精品亚洲一区二区在| 色窝窝免费一区二区三区| 亚洲自拍偷拍激情视频| 国产成人麻豆亚洲综合无码精品| 色狠狠色噜噜AV一区| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站 | 亚洲AV无码久久久久网站蜜桃| 日韩中文字幕高清有码| 成人无码视频97免费| 亚洲综合久久一本伊一区| 成人国产精品中文字幕| 久久这里有精品国产电影网| 欧美成人精品手机在线| 中文字幕乱码人妻二区三区| 人妻少妇久久久久久97人妻 | 九九热在线视频免费观看| 国产亚洲精久久久久久无码AV| 国产一区国产二区在线视频| 伊人久久大香线蕉AV网| 国产av综合一区二区三区| A级日本乱理伦片免费入口| 香港三日本三级少妇三级视频 | 在线国产精品中文字幕| 日韩精品一区二区三区四区视频|