<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          China
          Home / China / Across America

          'Comfort women' get memorial

          By Chen Jia in San Francisco and Liu Yiyi in Glendale, California | China Daily | Updated: 2013-07-31 11:22

          'Comfort women' get memorial

          Bok Dong Kim, a victim of Japanese military during WWII from South Korea, sits in the empty chair of the statue on the official unveiling ceremony in City of Glendale, California on Tuesday. The statue stands for the human rights of Asian comfort women who were sexually abused by Japanese soldiers in WWII. Liu Yiyi / China Daily

          The West Coast unveiled its first public memorial to WWII-era "comfort women" in Glendale City, California on Tuesday.

          The 1,100-pound statue of a woman in Korean dress sitting next to an empty chair has won high praise from both Korean Americans and Chinese Americans, who consider it a moving tribute to the tens of thousands of Asian women who were forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese military during the war.

          "We received thousands of protest e-mails, but history cannot be denied. This is a testament to the history and to the will of Korean people," city councilwoman Laura Friedman said at the unveiling ceremony.

          "We are proud to be the first city on the west coast to have the memorial. We care about the Korean population in the US," she said. "The comfort women were innocent victims of the war. The sexual abuse was horrible."

          City officials rejected an unexpected request from the Japanese consulate general in Los Angeles days ago to not display the statue in a public park.

          A similar onslaught from Japanese lobbyists trying to get a monument to the comfort women removed in New Jersey happened last year.

          Peter Li, a professor emeritus at Rutgers University, said the recent actions by Japanese politicians reflect "a total rejection of any responsibility" by Tokyo for the establishment and administration of the comfort women system.

          "This is morally abhorrent," he said, "the Japanese government should unambiguously assume responsibility and admit their wrong doing."

          There is no governmental legislation which officially apologizes for the enslavement of the "comfort women" or official governmental compensation for the victims, he said.

          The Japanese are good at expressing their "regrets" for the suffering that occurred, but they do not assume the responsibility, which is rightfully theirs, he added.

          On Tuesday, three Chinese women in their 80s joined with 174 local supporters in Osaka to request disciplinary action against Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto, whose recent remarks on "comfort women" seriously damaged their sense of dignity and caused them mental anguish, said a report in the Xinhua News Agency.

          A surviving Chinese "comfort woman" abducted by the Japanese military, 86-year-old Li Xiumei and two other women now live in the northern Chinese province of Shanxi.

          The Chinese victims said this Japanese mayor, though born in peaceful times after the war, had hurt them with his insensitive message defending acts of aggression by the Japanese military during the war.

          According to the Global Alliance for Preserving the History of WWII in Asia, Japanese ultra-rightists voted down an official apology resolution in 1995 after then Japanese Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama of the Socialist Party made a personal apology to WWII victims.

          "What the Japanese military did in WWII also influenced Japanese American's human rights and freedoms in the US," said Kathy Masaoka, co-chair of the Japanese American organization Nikkei for Civil Rights and Redress. "The Japanese government owes an apology to everyone who was a victim of what they did in the war."

          The apology was very important as the victims would finally be able to heal their deep wounds, she said, adding that learning from the past was the only way to move forward.

          Contact the writers through chenjia@chinadailyusa.com

          Polar icebreaker Snow Dragon arrives in Antarctic
          Xi's vision on shared future for humanity
          Air Force units explore new airspace
          Premier Li urges information integration to serve the public
          Dialogue links global political parties
          Editor's picks
          Beijing limits signs attached to top of buildings across city
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 美日韩精品一区三区二区| 极品无码国模在线观看| 日本一区二区三区激情视频| 鲁丝片一区二区三区免费| 中文字幕日韩国产精品| 色伦专区97中文字幕| 女人把腿张开男人来桶| 久久精品国产99久久久古代 | 久草网视频在线观看| 久久99热只有视精品6国产| 国产永久免费高清在线| 亚洲中文色欧另类欧美| 天堂V亚洲国产V第一次| 欧美丰满熟妇xxxx| 日本一区二区三区在线看| 亚洲中文字幕aⅴ天堂| 香蕉久久夜色精品国产成人| 亚洲午夜福利网在线观看| 超碰成人精品一区二区三| 久久精品中文字幕少妇| 极品少妇的粉嫩小泬看片 | 亚洲欧美成人一区二区三区| 成人3d动漫一区二区三区| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 午夜福利波多野结衣人妻| 久久久久香蕉国产线看观看伊| 亚洲伦理一区二区| 鲁一鲁一鲁一鲁一澡| 国产中文欧美日韩在线| 亚洲线精品一区二区三区| 夜色爽爽影院18禁妓女影院| 精品国产一区二区三区大| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区| 国产亚洲精品久久久久婷婷图片| 成人AV无码一区二区三区| 特级做a爰片毛片免费看无码| 精品久久久久久无码免费| 午夜精品无人区乱码1区2区 | 久久综合综合久久综合| 老司机久久99久久精品播放| 亚洲一区二区精品动漫|