<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          News >World

          Alaska senator defends BP project in state

          2010-06-29 14:01

          JUNEAU, Alaska?- Sen. Mark Begich is defending a BP oil project off Alaska's coast as a state-of-the-art model that should not be halted because of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

          The Alaska Democrat responded Monday to a request by Sen. Frank Lautenberg, a New Jersey Democrat who asked federal officials to halt the project pending an investigation of the Gulf spill, a new review of the Alaska project and implementation of revised drilling rules and regulations.

          The Obama administration imposed a moratorium on all deepwater oil exploration after the disaster in the Gulf, but the BP project in Alaska was exempt because it is technically a land-based or on-shore operation.

          The project's drilling base is a gravel island built by BP to tap an estimated 100-million barrel reservoir off the coast. The rig will drill horizontally for six to eight miles (9.6 to 13 kilometers) in a tactic some critics have called dangerous in light of what happened off Louisiana.

          "Recent events show that when the Department of Interior approves novel and risky approaches to drilling in the absence of proven technologies to stop a spill, tragedy ensues," Lautenberg said in a letter last week to the director of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement, formerly known as the Minerals Management Service.

          "Stopping and containing an oil spill in the gulf has proven to be beyond our capacity," he wrote. "A spill in the frigid and harsh conditions of the Arctic would be even more difficult to contain."

          Begich said he shares Lautenberg's frustrations with the Gulf disaster. But Begich said it's unfair to compare the projects and calls it "short-sighted" to stop the Alaska development before it begins. He said the project is important to his constituents and claims it has been subject to "some of the most intense government and public scrutiny of any oil development project in America."

          BP has yet to apply for a federal drilling permit, though BP spokesman Steve Rinehart said BP hopes to drill its first development well later this year and to have first production next year. An estimated 40,000 barrels a day is expected.

          Rinehart said the company is fine with the Liberty project getting new scrutiny and would cooperate with the federal government if it deemed additional review was warranted. He said the company also is "constantly evaluating and re-evaluating to make sure the design is appropriate, and that (the project) can be accomplished safely."

          "We're proud of this project, and a great deal of thought has gone into it," he said.

          An Interior Department spokeswoman said that in the wake of the Gulf spill and changes the federal government is making, officials will also look for such things as oil spill response and blowout prevention plans when reviewing drilling permit applications.

          Related News:

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲男人天堂2021| 免费 黄 色 人成 视频 在 线| av在线播放日韩亚洲欧我不卡| 亚洲午夜精品久久久久久抢| 婷婷开心深爱五月天播播| 色噜噜久久综合伊人一本| 亚洲日产无码av| 国产性色的免费视频网站| 99这里只有精品| 狠狠亚洲色一日本高清色| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| 国产亚洲精品综合一区二区| 色猫咪av在线观看| 免费看黄色亚洲一区久久| 国产日韩精品欧美一区灰| 国产乱弄免费视频观看| 成人精品天堂一区二区三区| 色伦专区97中文字幕| 亚洲日韩国产精品第一页一区| 18岁日韩内射颜射午夜久久成人| 中文字幕人妻有码久视频| 色欲AV成人无码精品无码| 少妇被日自拍黄色三级网络| 成全高清在线播放电视剧| 亚洲av综合色一区二区| 九九热精彩视频在线免费| 麻豆tv入口在线看| 91久久性奴调教国产免费| 亚洲人成人网站色www| 亚洲色偷偷色噜噜狠狠99| 久久精品夜色国产亚洲av| 亚洲国产一区二区三区亚瑟| 亚洲国产欧美日韩一区二区| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院 | 国产欧美日韩中文字幕| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频| 少妇脱了内裤在客厅被| 少妇熟女久久综合网色欲| 欧美色图久久| 国产精品亚洲二区在线看 | 久久精品国内一区二区三区|