<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          News >China

          Cracking open the case

          2011-03-02 07:23

          XI'AN - When Han Qinglong arrived in Beijing last Friday, the capital city was warm and the sky blue.

          "It was a very pleasant day, just like I felt inside," recalled Han, head officer of the Heritage Inspection Team under the Xi'an Public Security Bureau, Shaanxi province.

          Cracking open the case
          Han Qinglong, head officer of the Heritage Inspection Team under the Xi'an Public Security Bureau, shows a cultural relic that was retrieved from the hands of tomb robbers, on Jan 11. [Provided to China Daily]

          The 46-year-old policeman, who has been fighting tomb robbery and smuggling of cultural relics during the past five years, arrived in Beijing to clear customs for the return of five Tang Dynasty (AD 618-907) murals illegally sold to a buyer in the United States in 2005.

          This is the second batch of cultural relics Han has helped bring back from overseas since 2005.

          Eight months earlier, Han also saw to it that a 27-ton stone coffin from the Tang Dynasty arrived safely at the Shaanxi History Museum, four years after it was smuggled out of the country.

          "It was the first time China took back an ancient relic of such large weight and size, as well as of such high cultural value," Han said.

          The policeman, standing 1.88 meters tall, played on the Hebei provincial basketball team from 1980 to 1990. After helping his team win its only national basketball championship in 1990, Han retired and came to Xi'an, where his girlfriend lived, and became a policeman.

          In March 2005, Han joined the heritage protection department of the city's public security bureau.

          During the investigation of a tomb robbery in February 2006, Han and his team accidentally found out about the sarcophagus.

          They seized a computer from a suspect's house containing a number of pictures taken of the relic and local archaeologists soon identified what it was -- a sarcophagus stolen from the tomb of Tang Dynasty empress Wu Huifei (AD 699-737) in Xi'an.

          "We found that the criminal group was well organized with a clear division of labor. It was a large criminal gang with more than 10 members separately responsible for the excavation, sale, repair, trafficking and smuggling of relics," Han recalled. "The group had been in Xi'an and (nearby) Xianyang for a long time robbing a number of ancient tombs."

          On Feb 13, 2006, Han's team successfully busted the tomb-robbing gang, arresting 13 suspects and seizing a large number of tomb excavation tools.

          "Confronted with a large amount of evidence, the suspects confessed to stealing the relics and selling them to the United States," Han said.

          Han and his team were rewarded by the Ministry of Public Security and Xi'an Public Security Bureau.

          But Han continued his effort on the case, trying to trace the smuggled relics.

          "We sent the materials about the stolen sarcophagus to Interpol, and domestic and international non-governmental organizations keen on Chinese heritage protection," Han said. "Later in July 2007, we learned the rare relic was in the hands of an antiques dealer in the United States."

          With the help of a connection in the US, they contacted the businessman and asked for the relic back, telling him they would seek help from Interpol if necessary.

          "After three rounds of negotiations, he agreed to unconditionally return the relic to China," Han said.

          Over the past five years, Han and his team have successfully cracked more than 50 serious cases and retrieved some 2,300 ancient relics.

          "The number of relics we seized over the past five years is more than the total during the period from 1949 to 1995," Han said.

          He said this suggests the pillaging of Chinese antiques is getting more serious, as thieves, driven by a thriving global market for the relics, loot and smuggle artifacts to sell in foreign countries.

          This is especially true in a city like Xi'an with a history of more than 3,000 years.

          Xi'an has been attracting relic robbers and smugglers, as it served as the capital city for 13 dynasties spanning more than 2,000 years of history, Han said.

          "There are thousands of imperial and high-ranking official tombs under its ground, and as many ancient buildings and other relics above," the officer added.

          On the other hand, Han continued, the country is working hard to protect its cultural relics and trace its looted and smuggled relics.

          For example, Han said, the return of the above two Tang Dynasty relics couldn't have been possible had the country not signed agreements with the US and 12 other countries imposing import restrictions on relics.

          "These agreements have allowed us to trace our smuggled relics through legal means," Han said.

          With only 17 members in his team, Han said he feels as much responsibility as pressure at work, considering the large number of relics the city boasts.

          "But to protect the heritage left by our ancestors is our sacred mission and responsibility," he said.

          Related News:

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产福利微视频一区二区| 国产精品久久久尹人香蕉| 国产福利2021最新在线观看| 久久三级国内外久久三级| 9191国语精品高清在线| 亚洲不卡av不卡一区二区| 国产av不卡一区二区| а√天堂在线| 亚洲av区一区二区三区| 亚洲精品香蕉一区二区| 国产美女免费永久无遮挡| 欧美视频精品免费覌看| 精品午夜福利在线视在亚洲| 中文无码妇乱子伦视频| www.国产福利| 手机看片日本在线观看视频| 国产天天射| 欧美乱码伦视频免费| 精品国产一区二区三区国产区| 国产成人亚洲日韩欧美| 给我免费播放的电影在线观看| 日本不卡码一区二区三区| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久蜜桃不卡| 日韩AV高清在线看片| 在线观看AV永久免费| 久久婷婷大香萑太香蕉av人| 强开少妇嫩苞又嫩又紧九色| 国产午夜美女福利短视频| 亚洲AV国产福利精品在现观看| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕有码视频 | 亚洲18禁一区二区三区| 国产av亚洲一区二区| 国产普通话刺激视频在线播放| 午夜一区欧美二区高清三区| 99久久成人亚洲精品观看| 国产女主播白浆在线观看| 成人国产精品免费网站| 久青草视频在线视频在线| 国产女同疯狂作爱系列| 一本色道久久加勒比综合| 一本大道无码av天堂|