<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区 World
          Iran holds yacht with 5 UK nationals
          2009-Dec-1 06:47:15

          LONDON: Iran is holding five British sailors after stopping their racing yacht in the Persian Gulf, the British government said Monday. The move could heighten tensions between Iran and major world powers, including Britain, that are demanding a halt to its nuclear program.

          Iran holds yacht with 5 UK nationals
          September 2008 photo released by Team Pindar of the race yacht Kingdom of Bahrain sailing at an unknown location. [Agencies]

          Oil prices spiked 2 percent to $77.45 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange as the news broke before settling slightly at $77.28.

          The yacht owned by Sail Bahrain was stopped on its way from the tiny island country to the Gulf city of Dubai on Wednesday when it "may have strayed inadvertently into Iranian waters," Britain's Foreign Office said. Sail Bahrain's Web site identified the yacht as the "Kingdom of Bahrain" and said it had been due to join the 360-mile (580-kilometer) Dubai-Muscat Offshore Sailing Race, which was to begin Nov. 26.

          The event was to be the boat's first offshore race, the Web site said, adding that the vessel had been fitted with a satellite tracker.

          Attempts to reach representatives of the raceboat's owner were not immediately successful.

          Richard Schofield, an expert on international boundaries in the Middle East at King's College in London, said it was difficult to understand how the boat could have ended up in trouble with Iranian authorities.

          "It's hard to see why, on a regular journey from Bahrain to Dubai, they would have gone through Iranian territorial waters," he said.

          British Foreign Secretary David Miliband said that British officials had been in touch about the matter with their Iranian counterparts for nearly a week. It was not immediately clear why British officials had decided to publicize the case now.

          "I hope this issue will soon be resolved," Miliband said in the brief statement.

          The statement added that the crew members "are still in Iran" and were "understood to be safe" but did not specify where they were and what their legal status was. A Foreign Office spokeswoman said she was not in a position to elaborate. She spoke anonymously in line with department policy. A spokesman for Britain's military also declined comment.

          An Iranian Foreign Ministry official said he was not aware of reports a British yacht had been stopped. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the press.

          Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard has the responsibility for protecting Iranian waters in the Persian Gulf. Officials from the Guard and from the regular navy could not be reached for comment on Monday.

          Iran is holding three young Americans who strayed across the border from northern Iraq in July. The US has appealed for their release, saying they were innocent hikers who accidentally crossed into Iran. Tehran has accused them of spying, a sign that they could be put on trial.

          Fifteen British military personnel were detained in the Gulf by Iran under disputed circumstances in March 2007. Iran charged them with trespassing in its waters, and the Iranian government televised apologies by some of the captured crew.

          All were eventually freed without an apology from Britain, which steadfastly insisted the crew members were taken in Iraqi waters, where they were authorized to be.

          Schofield, of King's College, said that Iran had a pattern of taking such action when it was feeling "a little defensive."

          "There's pressure being felt," he said. "It has happened before." But he added that, as this case involved civilians, it was less likely to be prey to international tensions.

          The phone rang unanswered at the Iranian Embassy in London.

          Iran's nuclear chief on Monday said UN criticism of its nuclear program had pushed his country to retaliate by announcing ambitious plans for more uranium enrichment. With tensions rising over deadlocked negotiations, France said diplomacy was not working and sanctions against Iran were needed.

          [Jump to ]
          Nation | Biz | Comment | World | Celebrity | Odds | Sports | Travel | Health
          ChinaDaily Mobile News
          m.chinadaily.com.cn
          To subscribe to China Daily, call 010-64918763 or email to circu@chinadaily.com.cn
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 99精品国产成人一区二区| 成人啪精品视频网站午夜| 亚洲精品日韩中文字幕| 久久亚洲国产成人精品v| 亚洲天堂一区二区三区四区| 2021av在线| 人妻另类 专区 欧美 制服| 亚洲欧美偷拍另类A∨| 亚洲一卡2卡3卡4卡 精品| 国产精品麻豆中文字幕| 伊人久久大香线蕉av网禁呦| 亚洲精品tv久久久久久久久久| 熟女乱一区二区三区四区| 亚洲欧洲日产国码久在线| 一 级做人爱全视频在线看| 精品国产一区二区三区2021| 麻花传mdr免费版| 少妇上班人妻精品偷人| 国产一区二区三区在线看| 亚洲精中文字幕二区三区| 四虎网址| 国产精品福利在线观看无码卡一 | 色偷偷天堂av狠狠狠在| 野花香电视剧免费观看全集高清播放 | 加勒比无码av中文字幕| 亚洲综合av永久无码精品一区二区| 国产精品中文字幕自拍| 新婚少妇娇羞迎合| 四川丰满少妇无套内谢| 西西午夜无码大胆啪啪国模| 日韩大片看一区二区三区| 人妻在线无码一区二区三区| 精品国产一国产二国产三| 色综合久久久久综合体桃花网| 亚洲粉嫩av一区二区黑人| 久久综合亚洲鲁鲁九月天| 亚洲国产成人无码电影| 国产对白熟女受不了了| 欧美交性一级视频免费| 少妇人妻偷人免费观看|