<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区 Mobile
          IAEA: Iran investigation at 'dead end'
          2009-Nov-27 07:01:35

          IAEA: Iran investigation at 'dead end'
          A view of the conference room at the beginning of an Atomic Energy Agency IAEA board of governors meeting in Vienna November 26, 2009. [Agencies] 

          VIENNA: The outgoing head of the International Atomic Energy Agency said Thursday his probe of Iran's nuclear program is at "a dead end" and that trust in Tehran's credibility is shrinking after its belated revelation that it was secretly building a nuclear facility.

          Mohamed ElBaradei's blunt criticism of the Islamic Republic -- four days before he leaves office -- was notable in representing a broad convergence with Washington's opinion, which for years was critical of the IAEA chief for what it perceived as his softness on Iran.

          Iran also came in for censure from another quarter at the opening session of the IAEA's 35-nation board, with the introduction of a resolution taking Tehran to task on a broad range of issues linked to international concerns that it may be seeking to make nuclear weapons. Significantly, diplomats at the meeting said the resolution was endorsed not only by Western powers -- the US, Britain, France and Germany -- but also by Russia and China.

          In Tehran, state TV quoted Iran's envoy to the UN agency, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, as saying, "The Western countries should not spoil the positive atmosphere. They should allow cooperation between Iran and the agency to continue its positive trend."

          The IAEA resolution criticized Iran for defying a UN Security Council ban on uranium enrichment -- the source of both nuclear fuel and the fissile core of warheads.

          It also censured Iran for secretly building a uranium enrichment facility and demanded that it immediately suspend further construction. The resolution noted that ElBaradei cannot confirm that Tehran's nuclear program is exclusively geared toward peaceful uses, and expressed "serious concern" that Iranian stonewalling of an IAEA probe means "the possibility of military dimensions to Iran's nuclear program" cannot be excluded.

          Western diplomats said they expected about two-thirds of the board to support the resolution in a vote, likely Friday.

          While the board cannot enforce any of its resolutions, they do get referred to the Security Council, giving any later move to impose new UN sanctions on Iran additional weight.

          In his comments, ElBaradei touched on the same criticisms expressed in the resolution.

          "There has been no movement on remaining issues of concern which need to be clarified for the agency to verify the exclusively peaceful nature of Iran's nuclear program," he told the board session. "We have effectively reached a dead end, unless Iran engages fully with us."

          "Issues of concern" is the IAEA term for indications that Tehran has experimented with nuclear weapons programs, including missile-delivery systems and tests of explosives that could serve as nuclear-bomb detonators.

          ElBaradei has emphasized the need for talks instead of threats in engaging Iran. He has criticized the US for invading Iraq on the pretext that Saddam Hussein had a nuclear weapons program, which has never been proven. That -- and perceived softness on the Iran issue -- has drawn criticism from the US and its allies that he was overstepping his mandate.

          But ElBaradei's comments Thursday left little doubt that he was most unhappy with Tehran.

          "I am disappointed that Iran has not so far agreed" to a proposal involving removal of most of Iran's enriched stockpile, ElBaradei told the meeting.

          The plan approved by the six world powers negotiating with Iran over the past few months would commit Tehran to ship out 70 percent of its enriched uranium for processing into fuel rods for its research reactor in Tehran. That would help allay international fears by removing most of the material that Iran could use to make a nuclear weapon.

          It would take more than a year for Tehran to replace the enriched material, meaning it would not be able to make a weapon for at least that long.

          Iran says it is enriching only to power a future network of nuclear reactors. But enrichment can also produce fissile warhead material. Iran continues enriching, despite three sets of UN Security Council sanctions meant to make it freeze that activity and has built an enriched stockpile that could arm two nuclear warheads.

          Initially, Tehran appeared to favor the plan. But in recent weeks it has offered modifications that have one thing in common -- its refusal to ship out most of its enriched stockpile. That effectively kills the plan, with the West refusing to accept anything else than an Iranian commitment to export the material.

          In another reflection of a tougher Russian line, Moscow on Thursday urged Tehran to accept the uranium proposal and abide by other agreements reached at a meeting with six world powers last month. Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told Iran's ambassador to Moscow that such cooperation would "significantly move forward the process of restoring the international community's trust in the exclusively peaceful nature of the Iranian nuclear program," the ministry said.

          Impatience with Iran has been fueled by Tehran's September revelation that it had secretly been building a new enrichment facility. In a possible pre-emptive move, Iran notified the IAEA in a confidential letter only days before the leaders of the US, Britain and France went public with the project.

          Iran says it did not violate IAEA statutes by waiting with its notification. But ElBaradei has said Tehran was "outside the law" in not telling his agency about the facility much earlier. On Thursday, he said that Iran's late reporting on the facility reduced "confidence in the absence of other nuclear facilities under construction in Iran which have not been declared to the agency."

          Ruediger Luedeking, Germany's chief IAEA representative, called the questions about the facility "a major issue which again gives rise to serious questions and concerns regarding the nature of Iran's nuclear program."

          A perusal of IAEA records shows that Tehran's chief envoy to the IAEA, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, told the agency's board last year that his country "has repeatedly declared that there is no undeclared nuclear material and activity in Iran" -- at the time when construction of the secret nuclear facility was in full force.

          [Jump to ]
          Nation | Biz | Comment | World | Celebrity | Odds | Sports | Travel | Health
          ChinaDaily Mobile News
          m.chinadaily.com.cn
          To subscribe to China Daily, call 010-64918763 or email to circu@chinadaily.com.cn
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 韩国美女福利视频在线观看| 8848高清电视| 久久精品亚洲国产综合色| 亚洲欧美日韩国产四季一区二区三区 | 日本一道一区二区视频| 亚洲 av 制服| 蜜臀av无码一区二区三区| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 国产成人精品亚洲日本片| 黄床大片免费30分钟国产精品| 国内精品久久久久影视| 在线精品国产成人综合| 日本道高清一区二区三区| 亚洲中文久久久精品无码| 中文字幕第一区| 久久国产精品伊人青青草| 7777精品伊久久久大香线蕉| 亚洲高清国产成人精品久久| 丁香花成人电影| 四虎永久地址WWW成人久久| 精人妻无码一区二区三区| 疯狂做受XXXX高潮国产| 欧美性猛交XXXX黑人猛交| 亚洲中文字幕综合小综合| 女同国产日韩精品在线| 亚洲乱码一区二区三区视色| 久久久久久久久18禁秘| 亚洲精品国产精品不乱码| 2021亚洲va在线va天堂va国产 | 成人啪啪高潮不断观看| 久久久天堂国产精品女人| 一本加勒比hezyo无码人妻| 波多野无码中文字幕av专区| 久久高潮少妇视频免费| 在线精品视频一区二区三四| 亚洲欧美国产成人综合欲网| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 国精产品一二二线网站| 高清无码爆乳潮喷在线观看| 狼狼狼色精品视频在线播放| 国产精品日韩中文字幕|