<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            >Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Abbas slams Israeli raid as last hostages freed
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2006-03-16 09:24

          Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas accused Israel of a "dreadful crime" as he toured the scene of a devastating raid on a West Bank prison that sparked widespread diplomatic recriminations.


          Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas speaks to the press as he stands in front of the destroyed jail in the West Bank town of Jericho. Abbas accused Israel of a "dreadful crime" as he toured the scene of a devastating raid on a West Bank prison that sparked widespread diplomatic recriminations. [AFP]

          Abbas said he could understand the anger of Palestinians at Israel's seizure of militants held in Jericho jail but appealed for a halt to attacks on Western targets as the last four of a dozen hostages seized Tuesday were freed.

          "What happened in Jericho was a dreadful crime... Israel had no right to carry out this kidnapping," said Abbas, who cut short a European tour to manage the crisis.

          He acknowledged the Palestinian Authority had been warned that American and British monitors at the prison were set to be pulled out but said they were kept in the dark about the timing of their withdrawal just minutes before the Israeli assault.

          "As a consequence, there is definitely no responsibility for the Palestinian Authority about this issue," he told reporters.

          The prison raid further underlined the complete collapse in relations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority following the shock election win of the militant Islamist movement Hamas in January.

          British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw had strongly denied Palestinian charges of collusion with the Israeli operation, insisting that London had informed both Israel and the Palestinians of the pullout on March 8.

          Abbas reiterated calls for Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine leader Ahmed Saadat and the other five militants to be returned immediately to the previous custody arrangements.

          But Israel made clear there was no question of handing back the militants, five of whom it holds responsible for the 2001 murder of far-right tourism minister Rehavam Zeevi. That killing was carried out in response to the Israeli assassination of Saadat's predecessor Abu Ali Mustafa.

          "The state prosecutor will hold a meeting in the coming days with justice ministry and defence officials on how to try the murderers of minister Zeevi," said a spokeswoman for the attorney general's office.

          Four of the five have already been convicted by a Palestinian court and one by an Israeli court, but Saadat has never faced trial.

          Amid criticism of the raid from both the European Union and Russia -- two of the main players in the Middle East peace process -- Acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert strongly defended the operation, saying there had been no misgivings in either London or Washington.

          "You heard the British foreign secretary and officials in the US State Department... None of them complained, put pressure or demanded anything," he said.

          "Everyone placed the full responsibility on the Palestinian Authority and gave their full backing to the decision we made..."

          British Prime Minister Tony Blair told MPs that the withdrawal had been forced by concerns for the monitors' safety.

          "For the past three months we have been warning the Palestinian Authority that the security of these monitors was at risk, that the procedures at the particular detention centre were not adequate and proper."

          But outgoing Palestinian foreign minister Nasser al-Qidwa rejected his explanation. "We do not agree with the assessment that there was any direct threat to the monitors there," he told reporters.

          The Israeli government strenuously denied that the raid -- a fortnight before a general election -- was motivated by political considerations, charging that the Palestinian Authority was on the verge of freeing those suspected of being behind Zeevi's assassination.

          "We had no choice but to intervene as no responsible state could allow the murderers of one of its ministers to be at liberty," said Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz.

          Amid fury across the Palestinian political spectrum over the deadly raid, the territories ground to a halt under a general strike and Israeli and Palestinian security forces alike remained on high alert for revenge attacks.

          Security was also beefed up around foreign interests, notably British and American offices, after Anglo-US targets suffered the brunt of unrest that inflamed the Palestinian territories on Tuesday.

          The four hostages -- Canadian teacher Adam Budzanowski, South Korean television correspondent Yong Tae-young and French journalists Caroline Laurent and Alfred Yacobzadeh -- were brought back to Jerusalem after being freed in Gaza City.

          Unlike other hostages who were held for a matter of hours, the teacher and three journalists endured a lengthier ordeal at the hands of PFLP supporters.

          For Yacobzadeh, a photographer with the SIPA agency, it had been his second such ordeal -- he was also held in Beirut during the 1975-90 Lebanese civil war.



          Kidnapping spree in Gaza Strip
          Israeli army take Jericho jail
          Arroyo meets with New Zealand PM Clark
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          US senators to visit China to talk trade issues

           

             
           

          Consumption seen as new driver of growth

           

             
           

          General aviation sector to scale new heights

           

             
           

          Stringent checks on products assured

           

             
           

          US editors on visit to gain deeper insight

           

             
           

          China sets minimum age for TV contestants

           

             
            UN approves new Human Rights Council
             
            US seeks reversal of Moussaoui ruling
             
            Saddam's half-brother testifies at trial
             
            Milosevic's body to be flown to Serbia for burial
             
            Iran will resist any UN call to end atomic research
             
            Baghdad police find 80 bodies
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久超碰极品视觉盛宴| 欧美日本在线一区二区三区| 国产亚洲一区二区手机在线观看| 精品无码国产污污污免费| 最近的最新的中文字幕视频| 99久久精品国产亚洲精品| 日本一区三区高清视频| 制服丝袜人妻有码无码中文字幕| 亚洲国产综合精品 在线 一区| 久久久久亚洲av成人网址| 人妻少妇偷人无码视频| 日韩中文字幕精品一区在线| 2021国产成人精品久久| 免费看国产成人无码a片| 婷婷丁香五月亚洲中文字幕| 成熟熟女国产精品一区二区| www亚洲精品| 人妻熟妇乱又伦精品无码专区| 国产精品理论片| 国产美女免费永久无遮挡| 欧美午夜理伦三级在线观看| 欧美国产日韩久久mv| 又大又长粗又爽又黄少妇毛片| 天天摸夜夜添狠狠添高潮出免费| 国产精品视频午夜福利| 国产精品天干天干综合网| 亚洲熟妇无码爱V在线观看| 中文字幕国产精品日韩| 亚洲日本欧美日韩中文字幕| 亚洲国产中文字幕精品| 久久99精品久久久久久欧洲站 | 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 久久热99这里只有精品| 日韩加勒比一本无码精品| 国产国产乱老熟女视频网站97 | 精品无码一区二区三区电影| 亚洲最大成人免费av| 亚洲AV福利天堂在线观看| 国产一区二区三区地址| 中国熟女仑乱hd| 特黄 做受又硬又粗又大视频|